Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin vs Helston

12 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Not keen on watching floodlit footy but i think this will be a good match tonight with the G playing Helston , Helston are a good football side and have a brilliant goalie  but think they are missing there top goalscorer Mark Goldsworthy so think the G will win but my predictions are usually craparrow-10x10.png 

they aren't missing Goldsworthy isn't missing he left or has he gone back?

3 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

they aren't missing Goldsworthy isn't missing he left or has he gone back?

think 100%Cornish meant missing him.....as in missing the goals he bought last season.  not as in missing him through injury or something!

He is still a St Austell player ATM.

Well last nights match had everything 2 sending offs the crossbar fallen down eccentric goalkeeping form Helstons Barrie wyatt plus 1 outstanding save , Helston where brilliant last night outstanding performances from Howlett Wyatt and the loan  striker Matt Drummond who seems to been around for ages and played for every club in Cornwall he was brilliant and didnt stop running all evening . The linesman on my side had a poor game andi think the G should of had a pen when Danny Carne was tripped but nothing was given maybe because the way he  went down was like he had been shot but the ref had given a foul in which Helston hit the post and a player followed up to score the winning goal ,the G had no leader son the pitch and was too quiet with Sean in the G goal shouting th G will miss him now that hes has signed for a Bristol club Mangotsfield cant balame him for moving to better himself good luck Sean .Well done Helston you played brilliant last night .I Newquay got thrashed last night by St AUSTELL and 10-0 and that was without Liam Eddy and Mark GOLDSWORTHY if he has gone back to Helston but they got Tornado now and hes good on his day .Its embarassing seeing Newquay get hammered like this it must be soul destroying for the young team there 

19 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Well last nights match had everything 2 sending offs the crossbar fallen down eccentric goalkeeping form Helstons Barrie wyatt plus 1 outstanding save , Helston where brilliant last night outstanding performances from Howlett Wyatt and the loan  striker Matt Drummond who seems to been around for ages and played for every club in Cornwall he was brilliant and didnt stop running all evening . The linesman on my side had a poor game andi think the G should of had a pen when Danny Carne was tripped but nothing was given maybe because the way he  went down was like he had been shot but the ref had given a foul in which Helston hit the post and a player followed up to score the winning goal ,the G had no leader son the pitch and was too quiet with Sean in the G goal shouting th G will miss him now that hes has signed for a Bristol club Mangotsfield cant balame him for moving to better himself good luck Sean .Well done Helston you played brilliant last night .I Newquay got thrashed last night by St AUSTELL and 10-0 and that was without Liam Eddy and Mark GOLDSWORTHY if he has gone back to Helston but they got Tornado now and hes good on his day .Its embarassing seeing Newquay get hammered like this it must be soul destroying for the young team there 

Just to clarify 100% Cornish, Iv not gone back go Helston.. Im currently hobbling around with a knee injury! Class result for Helston though! 

Their keeper won them the game by being clever! He fooled the ref really to get the G man sent off and really got under the skin of the G and it worked...I would of loved to have seen Jamie Lowry play in that game surely he would of effected a disappointing result for the G who have not really hit top gear yet this season, but I am confident they will with players coming back. Helston did well to spoil the game in the first half and then probably deserved it by the final whistle! Congrats to them!! BUt I'm pretty sure Lowry will be making sure the G will not be labouring out the traps this coming Saturday at Argyle!  

i Can see the G getting hammered this saturday away at Plymouth ARGYLE without Sean Semmens in goal for the G he has saved the G so many time the match officials in Cornwall will be sighing with relief now he is up in Bristol 1 decison the ref got wrong last night the G goalie should of been booked or even sent off for handling outside his area the linesman had his flag up but took it down when the ref had given a free kick to Helston for a later offence .What  a character the Helston goalie he is him and Phil LOWRY was having some good banter near me and it was funny .I think the G need a new goalie and the goalie i wouldlike to see there is Falmouths Ryan Barnes if he can be priised away from Falmouth . What a forward line St AUSTELL have now EDDY, GOLDIE AND NOW TORNADO BELLO 

19 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

i Can see the G getting hammered this saturday away at Plymouth ARGYLE without Sean Semmens in goal for the G he has saved the G so many time the match officials in Cornwall will be sighing with relief now he is up in Bristol 1 decison the ref got wrong last night the G goalie should of been booked or even sent off for handling outside his area the linesman had his flag up but took it down when the ref had given a free kick to Helston for a later offence .What  a character the Helston goalie he is him and Phil LOWRY was having some good banter near me and it was funny .I think the G need a new goalie and the goalie i wouldlike to see there is Falmouths Ryan Barnes if he can be priised away from Falmouth . What a forward line St AUSTELL have now EDDY, GOLDIE AND NOW TORNADO BELLO 

It will be a tough game for the G on Saturday but they will be better I think than they have been I think there should be a positive response but it will be very difficult for them to get anything from the game but I have faith! also in terms on the keeper handling the ball outside the box the ref blew before for a foul outside the box by the left back, so I'm not sure it was a card at all. your right about St Austell great strike force if only Tornado had a left foot!

Having seen the lad Gilbert he is going to be a very very good keeper, I just question whether it is a bit too soon for him and the 'G's this season. That said I can't see them any higher than upper mid table this season - they are a very good team with both Lowrys playing and Simms - without them, nothing special at all. 

On the topic of the Helston keeper - he has been referred to on other threads as a 'character' who has kept Helston in many a game. He is certainly an excellent keeper -  however 'character' must be a euphemism for 'he should / does and will fall foul of every CCFA attempt to bring 'respect' back into the game'. His 'getting under the skin' of other teams is through poor language and verbal / physical intimidation -  the best keepers intimidate through presence and ability. 

They will miss Sean the G goalie really badly and when Jamie Lowry plays they are a much better side , I cant see the young lad Gilbert moving to the G bit too far to  travel i would of thought theres lots of good goalies out  there but  Ryan Barnes would be my choice and i think he only lives in Perranporth