Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Friday night fixture 30th Sept 2016

Very good performance last night from Bodmin, another result thats sure to disappoint a lot of people hoping we would go there & get beat so they could be on here tapping away trying to get a bite! Well, it was a tough game, as expected against an undefeated Parkway side, but Bodmin ground out a Win like 'Gilbys' teams are known to do! However, like I stated on a previous topic League Championships are not won in October, a long way to go yet. 

Fair shout Leeds. I think  Bodmin edged it on the night .They looked very sharp going forward. Hard fought game. I was appauled by the rant from the Bodmin manager in the first half tho. No need for that , refs get decisions wrong sometimes and I would have sent him from the ground. Theres wearing your heart on your sleeve and then theres just aggression. That would have been an ideal instance for the ref to stamp authority , but oh no.

Still ,not sure why Colwell the Parkway captain was subbed at 2-2 ? May have been injured , but did not look like it.

Has there ever been 2 stronger subs benches ?

Move onto the next game now , well done Bodmin and yeah pants pulled down Leeds.

Well done Bodmin (especially as I had that score on the prediction table). I still think Parkway will be top three (along with Bodmin and an other) with a good chance of title - both they and Bodmin have the squads to see through the winter - unlike some of the other contenders  

Last week all the papers were full of the CCFA taking action for foul and abusive / threatening language - yet once again Bodmin dugout get away with continual abuse. Managers / Players in the lower leagues are being carded left right and centre for abuse yet Bodmin get away with it every week (other senior clubs do as well but let's be honest Bodmin are renown for it). 

2 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Still ,not sure why Colwell the Parkway captain was subbed at 2-2 ? May have been injured , but did not look like it.

I took it as almost a signal that Parkway were prepared to settle for a draw. Pople came on and sat just in front of the back line, trying to cancel out the work of Dan Sullivan

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

Who was this humble refereee?

Mike, I am in no way inferring the referee was humble or had a bad game.

I am however questioning whether there is any consistency at all. On a weekly basis, some dugouts in the SWPL use language and behaviour that in ECPL / Combo / Dutchy /Trelawney would see red cards / stadium bans.

The referees and assistant referees in SWPL Prem are of a higher standard / qualification than those in the lower leagues. If the higher ranked officials do not penalise where lower ranked ones do, what is the point. I know refs are individuals and will always see things in different ways, as would be expected and all have different views on game management, however the gulf in interpretation of threatening / abusive language or behaviour is huge. By example I have seen a referee red card a player for saying 'your f ing joking' when not close too or facing (intimidating the official) and arguably saying the comment about themselves and not a decision - and I have seen dugouts screaming foul mouth abuse and intimidate towards officials for 30 minutes of a game and are not even spoken to.