Cornwall Football Forum

GODOLPHIN VS BODMIN TOWN

Should be game at Godolphin way tonight where Bodmin town are the visitors looking forward to seeing there striker Hopcroft in action he seems to be scoring regulary but hopefully tonight he will have a off day but i think he will score twice ,looking forward to see the Gs new goaliein action hes got big shoes to fill because Sean was 1 of the best goalies around . Got the camera boys there tonight filming as well so hope the G put on a good show for the cameras GOOD LUCK TO THE G TONIGHT THINK YOU WILL NEED IT 

Well i dont like  being critical of the Godolphin team but sod it im going to be tonight could of been a massacre if it wasnt for the Gs new young goalie he stopped shot after shot after Bodmin attack time after time he was like he was at the Alamo his shot stopping was superb but he was at fault with 2 of the goals when he failed to gather a cross and Sam Matthews heading in and he was indecisive coming off his line that let Hopcroft lob him for the 3rd Bodmin goal.This was about themost 1 sided game you will see Bodmin purred class and  HOPCROFT has got to be the fastest player in the league but hes very greedy and if him and Carter had more of a understanding there could of been 10 or 12 scored tonight and not just 5 .It was good to see Sam Matthews back playing after his injuryarrow-10x10.png and hes my man of the match for Bodmin easy 1 for the G the Goalie Josh GILBERT .The G PLAYED a bit better when player manager Jamie Lowry came on but there was so many players having bad games and what has happened to Jared  Sims a few weeks ago he was brilliant but the last 2 games i seen him play he just has well been helping Tanya out in the food van ,its going  to be a long season for the G they just need a winarrow-10x10.png to kick start there season again Well done to young Josh in goal but well done to Bodmin for a dominating display in a very 1 sided match .I thought the ref had a good game and could of sent more than just Alec Cole off  but Bodmin had 3 good pens turned down dont know how he didnt give the 1st 1 Hopcroft had rounded the goalie and was about to knock the ball into the empty net when the G goalie pulled him back and he shot wide dont know how the linesman and ref missed that 

8 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Godophins bubble has burst it seems, was always going to though.

What a stupid, ignorant remark to make!

Godolphin certainly had an off night and are going through a transitionary period but the structure of the club is sound with a strong team off the field.

I accept that one or two players may perhaps not be good enough at this level, and indeed that the team is stronger with Jamie Lowry playing, but the club will address any short term issues.

first time going over the g for a couple years now since all the work. And for a club to come.from duchy to where they are now and the work that has gone on at the ground is outstanding. An amazing transformation.

Back to he footy. There was only one team in the game. Bodmin should have been 5-6 up at half time. 1st penalty shout wasn't nowhere near one keeper took ball away from my angle. Keeper let the team down at vital times of the game poor decision making for that level and distribution was terrible. Two centre backs for g were weak to. If it wasn't for Bradshaw with some great covering tackle's it would have been more first half.

Secound half was the same one way traffic Bodmin are a quality side and with billy up top they break so fast.

only disappointing thing for me was the language from the side and on the pitch. Everytime there was a tackle swearing and appealing to the ref. This needs stamping out ruins the spirit of the game.

Bodmin title to lose this year.

Lets not everyone get carried away here, the G like mentioned earlier are in  transformation currently and I will promise you this Jamie is a fantastic young manager and player, he will address the situation over time and the G will stay firmly where they belong. To write them off after what they have achieved is just ridiculous, this is a club full of spirit, fight and good people, believe me they will be back you can quote me on that! Considering the financial differences with players wages etc. I think every club could take a leaf out of the G's book they instil commitment for the big cause rather than throw £100 under a players nose these lads play for the club not the money! This of course puts them in a difficult decision when attracting players but believe me when they are exposed to the culture of the club they don't want to leave! There will be a lot of scouting going on and of course hard work on the training field, they will be back! And Bodmin are a very good side fit and well drilled!

Well that's the second time I have seen Bodmin this season and for the second time they have been  very impressive. Long way to go but Bodmin certainly the team to beat at the moment. A mention for Godolphin who never gave up and will certainly be top half this season as they wont play against a team as good as Bodmin every week. Fancy Bodmin to have a good run in the Vase this year. Where was Dan Sullivan though? BEST PLAYER I HAVE SEEN THIS SEASON

15 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Well i dont like  being critical of the Godolphin team but sod it im going to be tonight could of been a massacre if it wasnt for the Gs new young goalie he stopped shot after shot after Bodmin attack time after time he was like he was at the Alamo his shot stopping was superb but he was at fault with 2 of the goals when he failed to gather a cross and Sam Matthews heading in and he was indecisive coming off his line that let Hopcroft lob him for the 3rd Bodmin goal.This was about themost 1 sided game you will see Bodmin purred class and  HOPCROFT has got to be the fastest player in the league but hes very greedy and if him and Carter had more of a understanding there could of been 10 or 12 scored tonight and not just 5 .It was good to see Sam Matthews back playing after his injuryarrow-10x10.png and hes my man of the match for Bodmin easy 1 for the G the Goalie Josh GILBERT .The G PLAYED a bit better when player manager Jamie Lowry came on but there was so many players having bad games and what has happened to Jared  Sims a few weeks ago he was brilliant but the last 2 games i seen him play he just has well been helping Tanya out in the food van ,its going  to be a long season for the G they just need a winarrow-10x10.png to kick start there season again Well done to young Josh in goal but well done to Bodmin for a dominating display in a very 1 sided match .I thought the ref had a good game and could of sent more than just Alec Cole off  but Bodmin had 3 good pens turned down dont know how he didnt give the 1st 1 Hopcroft had rounded the goalie and was about to knock the ball into the empty net when the G goalie pulled him back and he shot wide dont know how the linesman and ref missed that 

Looks to me like boy Sims has spent to much time at Tania's food van 100% Cornish, last night he looked as if he was pulling a caravan trying to get around the Park. Delighted with the win & the way we won, at times Godolphin could not get near us, however still a very difficult game away at Godolphin, & definatly the 'Towns Club' at present, wish them well for the future. Now attention turns to Saturday & a potential banana skin cup fixture against St.Blazey

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Bannana skin against St BLAZEY dont think so Leeds Utd the boy Hopdcroft will have a field day think Bodmin will get at least 6 and Jarod Sims dont know what has happened to him he has been awful of late and hes such a good player 

Maybe players get sussed out against better opposition (no disrespect intended)

10 hours ago, Cornish Brazillian said:

What a stupid, ignorant remark to make!

Godolphin certainly had an off night and are going through a transitionary period but the structure of the club is sound with a strong team off the field.

I accept that one or two players may perhaps not be good enough at this level, and indeed that the team is stronger with Jamie Lowry playing, but the club will address any short term issues.

What's ignorant about it "seems" (?)  all clubs will have a "blip" it's commonplace in football, just have to be careful the "blip" doesn't last to long.

You can have the strongest team off the field you like -you need one on it.

You're sliding a bit, so what, get used to it.

Transitionary period, one or two not good enough, an off night - that's what they all say ....right up to the premier league.

When they experience the camaraderie, the craic, the fun.....they don't need money - yeah (!)

Others say that as well - I don't believe them either - LOL

Best of luck from me.

Ignorant means lacking knowledge and awareness - exactly what you were demonstrating with regard to Godolphin.

Time will tell whether this is a short-term situation, as I believe, or something more lasting as you have suggested....

I hope sincerely that I'm right, as I believe that Tanya and Goldolphin have earned the right to succceed.

21 minutes ago, Cornish Brazillian said:

Ignorant means lacking knowledge and awareness - exactly what you were demonstrating with regard to Godolphin.

Not really lacking knowledge, nor lack of awareness.

All football clubs bubble bursts eventually - fact, and I'm aware of that also.

Your recent results have been down on the last few seasons - so - 

As you said - time will tell.

11 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Not really lacking knowledge, nor lack of awareness.

All football clubs bubble bursts eventually - fact, and I'm aware of that also.

Your recent results have been down on the last few seasons - so - 

As you said - time will tell.

I think you underestimate the club, agreed performances of late have not been good at all. I know the club well and the people who are involved and I can assure you that wrongs will be put right and the G will maintain their SWPL status for many years! That might mean that this season does not go entirely to plan but steps will be taken to put it right, this club has thrived on people having this opinion of the , "pub team" "they don't belong" and they have always proved people wrong! I can't see that changing and your flippant cliché remark of " the bubble has burst" just demonstrates how little you know about this club! I'm fairly confident that you have been proved wrong by the G many times over! We are are all entitled to our opinion some opinions are just a little more educated than others but good luck with your predictions. 

The G will never go down the road of paying big bucks to there players like the likes of Bodmin Plymouth Parkway and St Austell  and the professional players of Plymouth Argyle ,they are a family club and always will be its hard to compete against big teams like these but there is no worry of them being relegated they are too good for that they will come good again Jamie and Russ will sort them out  the defence was poor against Bodmin the other night Ollie Pinnell should of played if fit Jamie Shepherd and Jack HUNTER JUST COULDNT cope with Hopcroft and Carter .If the G dont get better they will have Tanya to answer to and that would sort them out shes the Gs Little Rottweiller 

1 hour ago, TURNIP TED said:

How do you know what the teams above pay ?  You do talk tosh sometimes 100%.   ( have to answer to Tanya - seriously ) .

LOL that did make me laugh! I think we all know Bodmin pay a lot more than the G, along with 90% of the other clubs in the league I think that is a fair point?

7 hours ago, SID said:

I think you underestimate the club, agreed performances of late have not been good at all. I know the club well and the people who are involved and I can assure you that wrongs will be put right and the G will maintain their SWPL status for many years! That might mean that this season does not go entirely to plan but steps will be taken to put it right, this club has thrived on people having this opinion of the , "pub team" "they don't belong" and they have always proved people wrong! I can't see that changing and your flippant cliché remark of " the bubble has burst" just demonstrates how little you know about this club! I'm fairly confident that you have been proved wrong by the G many times over! We are are all entitled to our opinion some opinions are just a little more educated than others but good luck with your predictions. 

Your bubble has burst compared to previous seasons, results show that.

I don't need to "know" the club to see that.

And nowhere did I say, or intimate that you would be relegated.

For your information, as you obviously have never spotted it - football is full of cliches.

Blimey one little comment against the "G" and pop:wacko:

What prediction (?)

9 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Your bubble has burst compared to previous seasons, results show that.

I don't need to "know" the club to see that.

And nowhere did I say, or intimate that you would be relegated.

For your information, as you obviously have never spotted it - football is full of cliches.

Blimey one little comment against the "G" and pop:wacko:

What prediction (?)

I was not having a pop, I was merely giving you my more educated opinion hahaha!

19 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

So what about Tavi , Saltash , Tivy Reserves ect. The list goes on . Who realy knows what players get paid, and to be honest ,just because some players get more than others , it does not mean they are always better.

I agree with that, just because a player is on more money doesn't mean they are better!

3 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

Sorry if I got my facts wrong but I got told by a committee member. No mention of away till xmas but work was given as an excuse. My response 2 that was let's see transfer list in awhile. Again sorry if I'm wrong just passing it on

Never be sorry! Im sure Gilby will have a few irons in the fire :thumbsup: