Cornwall Football Forum

Senior Cup FALMOUTH TOWN v STICKER Note 2pm Kick Off

Intriguing cup tie in prospect at Bickland Park

Inconsistent Falmouth of the SWPL (Prem) host unbeaten and free scoring Sticker from the SWPL (1West)

Sticker will be the 50th.different Cornish opponent since Falmouth began their Senior Cup knock out stage in 1951.

Please note the non floodlit kick off time of 2pm with the tie to settled on the day with extra time and penalties if neccessary

3 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Intriguing cup tie in prospect at Bickland Park

Inconsistent Falmouth of the SWPL (Prem) host unbeaten and free scoring Sticker from the SWPL (1West)

Sticker will be the 50th.different Cornish opponent since Falmouth began their Senior Cup knock out stage in 1951.

Please note the non floodlit kick off time of 2pm with the tie to settled on the day with extra time and penalties if neccessary

Why a 2pm ko - it is not dark until 7pm

Another weird decision by the cornwall fa no doubt !

Mike - not all senior clubs ko at 3pm or have floodlights, as this stage of the tournament there are still Combo and ECPL teams in it, so I suppose the 2pm ko is in case one of the not so senior senior clubs is hosting?

Sticker are going to be a real test for Falmouth, with the lad Annear looking like he pulled a hamstring mid week v Camelford he will be a real miss. Sticker have a solid team, but I think with the pace Falmouth have up front they will have enough. Saw Sticker manager scouting the mid week match - so I'm sure they will be testing Falmouths left / right defensive areas tomorrow as they looked shaky against Camelford..

4 hours ago, jay1982 said:

The sole reason for the 2pm kick off time is to give people something to moan at.

The reason I enquired was that I am one of the few that work on Saturdays until 1pm and cannot get to the match for 2pm - a perfectly balanced question !