RGB CORNWALL SENIOR CUP

First Round

Bodmin Town

St Blazey

Falmouth Town

Sticker

Illogan RBL

Saltash United

aet Saltash win 4-3 on penalties (score at 90 minutes 3-3)

Lanreath

Bude Town

aet (score at 90 minutes 1-1)

Nanpean Rovers

Penzance

Penryn Athletic

Launceston

Perranporth

Newquay

St Agnes

Mousehole

St Austell

Mevagissey

St Dominick

St Dennis

St Ives Town

Dobwalls

Torpoint Athletic

St Just

Wadebridge Town

Helston Athletic

Wendron United

Camelford

DEVON PREMIER CUP

First Round

Alphington

St Martins

Appledore

Totnes & Dartington

Axminster Town

Plymouth Marjon

Barnstaple

Vospers Oak Villa

Braunton

Newton Abbot Spurs

Crediton United

Feniton

Fremington

Stoke Gabriel

Galmpton United

Roborough

aet Galmpton win 4-1 on penalties (score at 90 mins 1-1)

Holsworthy

Elburton Villa

aet Elburton win 5-4 on penalties (score at 90 minutes 2-2)

Liverton United

Ivybridge Town Reserves

Millbridge

Bovey Tracey

Newton St Cyres

Plymstock United

North Molton Sports Club

P

Exwick Villa

P

Shamwickshire Rovers

Teignmouth

Sidmouth Town

P

Budleigh Salterton

P

Torridgeside

Newtown

University of Exeter

Kingskerswell & Chelston

Waldon Athletic

Brixham

People suggest our tie against St.Blazey is a guaranteed result, we played them two weeks ago & it should of been 8-0, however it finished only 2-0. Its the Cup as well, & I am sure Danny & his troops will be looking to put right their 9-1 defeat at Tiverton Reserves last weekend. I think this might be closer than most people think

St Austell 7-0 Mevagissey (H/T 2-0)

Meva gave a good account of themselves in the first half and had no answer to St Austell's second half showing. They could have had a consolation goal but one of their shots ended up in the road!

The goals: 22m, 23m, 51m, 64m, 67m, 69m, 80m

Saturday 8th October

Cornwall Senior Cup: 

Bodmin Town   4-1   St Blazey

Falmouth Town   1-0   Sticker

Illogan RBL   3-3   Saltash United (Saltash Won on Pens)

Lanreath   1-4   Bude Town

Nanpean Rovers   4-5   Penzance

Penryn Athletic   1-2   Launceston

Perranporth   0-3   Newquay

St Agnes   1-3   Mousehole

St Austell   7-0   Mevagissey

St Dominick   6-4   St Dennis

St Ives   2-3   Dobwalls

Torpoint Athletic   7-1   St Just

Wadebridge Town   3-0   Helston Athletic

Wendron United   3-5   Camelford

Today I visited oxland for illogan v saltash. Well illogan started well and got the reward when Joe carlyon scored a lovely curling effort from 20 odd yards to give illogan the lead 1-0 3 minutes. Illogan continued to press and after 15 doubled there lead through Steve abbot smith I didn't see it but think it was a header from a corner. Then after 16 minutes Dan Richards broke past the defence and even a last minute attempted to bring him down which would of been a straight red Dan stayed on his feet to smash it past the keeper 1 on 1. 3-0. Saltash then started to step up there game and after about 37 a deep cross with a hint of hand ball was played back across goal for there player to tap in at the back post 3-1. There was a few tackles going in a lot of moaning from saltash no6, but no cards shown and half time came.

2nd half started just as there manager had mentioned at half time cause I think everyone heard the boll*cking he gave his side, another deep cross if I member rightly with I believe Ryan Richards tapping in at the back post. Then a moment that probably had an impact on the game saltash number 6 booked for persistent fouling. Gave a stray elbow to illogans player who had to come off with a tooth missing and blood not stopping later went to hospital. Moments later his gaffer took him off think he saved his man a few quid fine. Illogan defended valiently and tried to break but were pinned back then in the 92nd minute a foul throw resulted in saltash getting a cracking cross into the box and was sent back across goal and went in 3-3.  And full time

extra time wasn't as eventful both sides playing it out saltash tried to push but nobody could get on the end of the crosses going in from sub Callum hall. Ryan's Richards who can find space anywhere I think had a cracking volley off a corner abit scholesy esq. full time After extra time.

penalties

illogan had there first pen saved which was low in the bottom corner by saltash keeper credit too him. Saltash scored . Illogans 2nd was saved keeper guessed right and got it away. A decent height for him. Saltash scored. Illogan scored then saltash went straight down the middle keeper saved . Illogan scored , saltash scored , illogan scored and saltash scored and sealed the victory on penalties. So great penalties taken and confidently. 

Illogan did themselves proud but would also be gutted to not win. Saltash would think themselves lucky but didn't stop and got into the next round. Great game to watch thought there would of been more people there but the Ines who were got a treat and a decent contest. 

How Bodmin did not hit double figures today I do not know! We hit the post twice, had one chalked off for offside, had two cleared off the line & it was just one of those days. However it was a cup game & I suppose in the cup you do not get anything extra for scoring more goals, however if this was a league fixture I would not like to of been one of our players at full time! Heard all sorts of mutterings from the good St.Blazey following today, just hope you can all club together & turn it around

2 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

Meva gave a good account of themselves in the first half and had no answer to St Austell's second half showing. They could have had a consolation goal but one of their shots ended up in the road!

Saturday 8th October

Cornwall Senior Cup: 

St Ives   2-3   Dobwalls

If I'd known you were there I would have looked out for you ! 

St Austell goalscorers - Evans ( 23, 51, 67,80) Reski 22, Bishop 64, Bidgood 69. 

Attendance - 191 

Mevagissey although outplayed for most of the match deserved much credit for battling hard and never giving up, especially in the second half when St Austell scored five times and missed numerous chances. An enjoyable day, worth the 250 mile journey , great to see my former village team who I played for over 40 years ago play their local esteemed rivals. 

13 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

Saturday 8th October

Cornwall Senior Cup: 

St Ives   2-3   Dobwalls

I am surprised that the next round was not made on Radio Cornwall yesterday, would seem logical although cornwall fa have never heard of logic.

Another great performance from the Stickey. More than holding their own against a top half SWPL team. Just the one goal by Falmouths in form striker Rob Wearne deciding a really close tight match. Nice to visit Bickland Park again, a lovely old football ground. Not a bad thing, Andy and Gary can continue their fine work and concentrate on the league now, which I'm sure is the priority. Brother was over at Perranporth to see Newquay win 3-0. He said the home team defended well but Newquay had all the possession. Two goals for Danny OHagan on his debut, a tap in and a trademark header and also a great finish from county youth striker Jack Rapsey. Jack Bray-Evans also had a penalty saved in the first half.

7 hours ago, BIG AL said:

I am surprised that the next round was not made on Radio Cornwall yesterday, would seem logical although cornwall fa have never heard of logic.

I would have thought it would have made sense but obviously not.

Other results that weren't listed on the SWPL website:

Looe Town 3-2 Roche

Morwenstow 1-10 St Day

Perranwell 0-1 Ludgvan

Polperro 3-2 Hayle

St Teath 2-3 Padstow United

20 hours ago, Jamie C said:

Today I visited oxland for illogan v saltash. Well illogan started well and got the reward when Joe carlyon scored a lovely curling effort from 20 odd yards to give illogan the lead 1-0 3 minutes. Illogan continued to press and after 15 doubled there lead through Steve abbot smith I didn't see it but think it was a header from a corner. Then after 16 minutes Dan Richards broke past the defence and even a last minute attempted to bring him down which would of been a straight red Dan stayed on his feet to smash it past the keeper 1 on 1. 3-0. Saltash then started to step up there game and after about 37 a deep cross with a hint of hand ball was played back across goal for there player to tap in at the back post 3-1. There was a few tackles going in a lot of moaning from saltash no6, but no cards shown and half time came.

2nd half started just as there manager had mentioned at half time cause I think everyone heard the boll*cking he gave his side, another deep cross if I member rightly with I believe Ryan Richards tapping in at the back post. Then a moment that probably had an impact on the game saltash number 6 booked for persistent fouling. Gave a stray elbow to illogans player who had to come off with a tooth missing and blood not stopping later went to hospital. Moments later his gaffer took him off think he saved his man a few quid fine. Illogan defended valiently and tried to break but were pinned back then in the 92nd minute a foul throw resulted in saltash getting a cracking cross into the box and was sent back across goal and went in 3-3.  And full time

extra time wasn't as eventful both sides playing it out saltash tried to push but nobody could get on the end of the crosses going in from sub Callum hall. Ryan's Richards who can find space anywhere I think had a cracking volley off a corner abit scholesy esq. full time After extra time.

penalties

illogan had there first pen saved which was low in the bottom corner by saltash keeper credit too him. Saltash scored . Illogans 2nd was saved keeper guessed right and got it away. A decent height for him. Saltash scored. Illogan scored then saltash went straight down the middle keeper saved . Illogan scored , saltash scored , illogan scored and saltash scored and sealed the victory on penalties. So great penalties taken and confidently. 

Illogan did themselves proud but would also be gutted to not win. Saltash would think themselves lucky but didn't stop and got into the next round. Great game to watch thought there would of been more people there but the Ines who were got a treat and a decent contest. 

Just out of a matter of interest, what time of the late afternoon was it when the penalties were concluded. 

Danny OHagan scores twice on his debut for Newquay vs Perranporth i think he will be a brilliant signing for Newquay also Marks lad Jack scored in the 0-3 win at Perranporth hope this is the turning point for Newquay but after next Saturdays match vs Godolphin in the Walter Parsons cup dont want them beating the G 

49 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Danny OHagan scores twice on his debut for Newquay vs Perranporth i think he will be a brilliant signing for Newquay also Marks lad Jack scored in the 0-3 win at Perranporth hope this is the turning point for Newquay but after next Saturdays match vs Godolphin in the Walter Parsons cup dont want them beating the G 

Danny Hitman OHagan will always pinch a goal or two 100%Cornish, St.Blazey looked lost yesterday without his leadership qualities. I would not get to excited though as Newquay beat a Combination league side that are struggling two leagues below them

4 hours ago, David Bray said:

Cheers.

penalties

Yeah about 4:40 

Watched a goals galore game in St Dom v St Dennis on Sat.

Having seeing St Dennis turn up with Dan Jennings and both Rickards brothers, I thought St Dom would be in for a long afternoon.

How opposite it was, St Dom were brilliant first half and the lad 'Brents' who scored 4 was unplayable at times.

In all fairness, St Dom were helped by some embarrassing goalkeeping but could not have complained about the result as the better team won and apart from possibly Bodmin, St Austell and Saltash, St Dom could be capable of beating anyone else that they meet in this cup as their team looks smartly made up with both physical and technically good players. 

Leeds utd any win  for Newquay must be good for them at the moment hope this will get them up and running no one wants to see them relegated with the history they got would be the same at St Blazey a great club with nice people there O Hagan is a good player and his experiance may just save Newquay from relegation