Dobwalls

St Dennis

Helston Athletic

University of Exeter

Stoke Gabriel

Wendron United

Sticker

19 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

The only winner was the ref. - £35 fee plus expenses = laughing all the way to the bank.

What a complete shambles !

You really have got a very low opinion of everything connected with local football Big Al haven't you?

Who's to say the ref either was entitled to the whole fee involved or even actually took it.

Is there anything good that you like on today's local football scene?

32 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

The only winner was the ref. - £35 fee plus expenses = laughing all the way to the bank.

You talk total bollocks! He would only be entitled to half a match fee and expenses. How do you know that the referee even charged that? The fee also only being £33!

2 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Well said Dave. Give us a break BIG AL.

Sorry I should have known that refs. are perfect - and YES they are entitled to take the whole fee.

1 minute ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

And everyone is laughing at you.

Good - I like that !

I was delighted to Callington v St Blazey called off. I drove up to Plymouth and the water on the roads was unbelievable. No one driving much over 30 miles an hour. I did wonder if it might be called off noing Callingtons pitch can get pretty soft after heavy rain. 

Argyle v Pompey was brilliant to watch. Good to see Home Park so full. Brilliant equaliser to snatch a late point. Looking good for promotion.

Hopefully the re arranged game at Callington will be a mid weeker and we will get to see St Blazey under the new Callington lights. 

36 minutes ago, predator said:

Launceston 0 - Falmouth 3

refeere was really disappointing Falmouth played well .. but tI've never seen such a poor performance from a ref . I hope he was getting assessed .. very very poor 

I'm on holiday in the SW, and initially tried Callington, arriving at 2.30 just in time to see it called off. I then went on to Launceston v Falmouth instead.

At the risk of causing a row, as a neutral, and an ex Ref,  I thought that the Ref did OK, apart from a couple of issues.  I thought that his foul detection was good, not letting himself be influenced by players or dugouts. Obviously the first red card was a shambles and he should be disappointed with the way that he dealt with that. Secondly the second red (actually two yellows) - how a tirade of foul and abusive language only deserves a yellow escapes me - the player could easily have had several reds in one go! Even a non playing player was calling him a  beep beep fool.

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

I was delighted to Callington v St Blazey called off. I drove up to Plymouth and the water on the roads was unbelievable. No one driving much over 30 miles an hour. I did wonder if it might be called off noing Callingtons pitch can get pretty soft after heavy rain. 

Argyle v Pompey was brilliant to watch. Good to see Home Park so full. Brilliant equaliser to snatch a late point. Looking good for promotion.

Hopefully the re arranged game at Callington will be a mid weeker and we will get to see St Blazey under the new Callington lights. 

Best result you have had all season Paul! Argyle drawing not bad either, must be one of your best weekends of the season so far!! 

2 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Who was sent off djs ?

5 minutes ago, djs said:

I'm on holiday in the SW, and initially tried Callington, arriving at 2.30 just in time to see it called off. I then went on to Launceston v Falmouth instead.

At the risk of causing a row, as a neutral, and an ex Ref,  I thought that the Ref did OK, apart from a couple of issues.  I thought that his foul detection was good, not letting himself be influenced by players or dugouts. Obviously the first red card was a shambles and he should be disappointed with the way that he dealt with that. Secondly the second red (actually two yellows) - how a tirade of foul and abusive language only deserves a yellow escapes me - the player could easily have had several reds in one go! Even a non playing player was calling him a  beep beep fool.

The player had just been elbowed with blood dripping down his face and the ref had given no foul or didn't stop the play !

5 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Who was sent off djs ?

Sorry Keith, don't know the names. Both were Launceston players. The first was a centre half, after about half an hour, although pretty much everyone thought that the Ref sent the wrong player off. The second, pretty much in stoppage time, was a gobby midfielder,.

14 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Best result you have had all season Paul! Argyle drawing not bad either, must be one of your best weekends of the season so far!! 

Very good result for Argyle. 

Blazey no worse than any other of the past 12 weeks. I'll take that. :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Ok - thanks for that djs. Sorry to hear this news though - doubtless losing the players didn't help the result for Launceston.

It didn't!

I thought that Launceston were on top until the first red for a player who looked dominant at the back. I don't think that they really organised themselves properly afterwards, with massive gaps in midfield, and although they had a fair percentage of the play in the second half, they didn't look like scoring, and Falmouth spurned a load of really good chances.

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

No comment on the town's excellent win at Launceston then Big Al ! But then that would be dishing out praise which isn't in your nature is it ?

I was not at the match so cannot comment on the performance ! I will always give praise when it is due but cannot do so unless I witness the event !

Big Al is entitled to his opinion  even if most don't agree with him , that is what the forum is about it makes for good discussion / argument   good job  we don't all think alike and at least on here you don't get banned for expressing an opinion  not like some forums mentioned on other sections of the forum .

Perhaps Big Al is our version of Donald trump :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, stevieb said:

Big Al is entitled to his opinion  even if most don't agree with him , that is what the forum is about it makes for good discussion / argument   good job  we don't all think alike and at least on here you don't get banned for expressing an opinion  not like some forums mentioned on other sections of the forum .

I had to re-read that - thought you said Donald duck (!)

On 15/10/2016 at 18:25, BIG AL said:

I suspect you remember this but just for clarity, a Ref attending game & calling it off without starting is entitled to only half fee, so your above comment is inaccurate. Also - Whether the Ref would want / take payment is of course upto him 

12 hours ago, stevieb said:

U do get banned on here as I once found out lol