Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Godolphin

Watched Godolphin take on Newquay at Mt wise in the Walter parsons this game got off to a very slow start but when the G got into there stride this match was never in doubt ,the G dominated this game and there young keeper never had a save to remember Paul CLark in the Newquay goal made some good saves but  the 3 goals came after he had saved the original G shot but his defenders where to slow to clear and the G scored twice from the rebounds .You got to feel sorry for Newquay and you cant really scoring without Danny O Hagan in the side and next week Saltash will be at Mt WISE so that will be a hard game but some of there injured and cup tied players will be back . My man of the match to Newquay goalie Paul CLark and to the G Aaran Dilley who ran his heart out Jamie Lowry also had a fine game with his range of passing .So the G go into the cup draw hoping they dont get Bodmin Final score Newquay 0 - GODOLPHIN ATLANTIC 3 

Also at this one, Newquay never really threatened and the repeated lack of basic technique from the Newquay keeper cost them dearly. Time after time from medium range shots he gifted Godolphin clear shots on goal. When you're a keeper you either have to catch it or push it away from the danger zone. Not today, at least 3 times he just stopped the ball right in the middle of the 6-yard area for advancing forwards to have easy chances. Even then they managed to hit the post with one.

Newquay appear to have a bunch of very young players who exhibited moments of individual skill and will hopefully have learned some lessons today playing against a far better side

Maybe the Bodmin team will go down with Food poisoning or something before the G go there think i will be taking a trip there and leaving poor Smokie dog in the car because of there no dog policy there The G will have to play well to get anything out of that match and if Jamie Lowry plays for the G they may have a chance of a win 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Maybe the Bodmin team will go down with Food poisoning or something before the G go there think i will be taking a trip there and leaving poor Smokie dog in the car because of there no dog policy there The G will have to play well to get anything out of that match and if Jamie Lowry plays for the G they may have a chance of a win 

Watch the game for free up on the banking, and smokie gets a good run around as well.

Godolphin deservedly won the game and it could've been a lot more than 3-0, with Jamie Lowry at the back the young Newquay team never looked like scoring. You could tell both teams where missing players with the home team struggling for possession, for me MOTM's would go to the number 5 captain for Newquay who was winning headers and putting tackles in and Aaron Dilley for Godolphin who was very comfortable on the ball.

10 minutes ago, B Manning said:

Mike. the top area (as all the way around) is fenced but not boarded so viewing from that top car park is possible. as of yesterday that is.

Smokie must go to the ball  , this dog is as well known as 100% and the G they follow  , perhaps he could be the official club mascot .

8 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

It would be hard for Smokie to be the G mascot because hes also a big fan of the St Austell team and he doesnt  want to be in the limelight Stevie 

100% he is probably the most well know dog in football   and I had the pleasure of meeting you both last season ,   dogs are great company  better than cats as they only give cupboard love , we have both at home . Keep up posting on the G.  Look forward to them  in the future .

i was never a dog lover Stevie i was always a cat lover but i saw Smokie on FACEBOOK his owner down Penzance was having him  put down because her daughter had just had a baby and they no longer wanted a dog so i thought i could do with the company so i drove down and got him and that was 3 years ago and he goes everywhere with me but hes still a pain in the ass .I will keep posting on the G Stevie but it will be Newquay vs Saltash next satday could be another hammering for the peppermints hope not 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

i saw Smokie on FACEBOOK his owner down Penzance was having him  put down because her daughter had just had a baby and they no longer wanted a dog

And you saved the fellas life....well done buddy - my type of bloke.:thumbsup:

My two were not wanted anymore because of a baby as well, 9 years I've had them.

IMG0008A.jpg

1 minute ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

My two were not wanted anymore because of a baby as well, 9 years I've had them.

IMG0008A.jpg

Older they say dogs look like their owners , in your case they are better on the eye :yahoo:

Older and 100% well done to both of you we have ourselves have had  5 dogs since we have been married ( 30 years next month )  four have been rescued  several cats all rescued  and the wife who I rescued from Akey bay , St. Ives for those not in the know lol .?

7 minutes ago, stevieb said:
10 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

IMG0008A.jpg

Older they say dogs look like their owners , in your case they are better on the eye :yahoo:

Revenge is best served COLD .........chips was it (?)