Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH V BODMIN

2nd worst refereeing decision Ive seen in a week. Common sense gone out the window again. Can clearly see via the video that, no contact made from the keeper. Hope it gets reviewed at least.

45 minutes ago, Asterix said:

2nd worst refereeing decision Ive seen in a week. Common sense gone out the window again. Can clearly see via the video that, no contact made from the keeper. Hope it gets reviewed at least.

The cornwall fa will not be interested - what are they really interested in - only they know !

9 hours ago, Asterix said:

Whether the keeper made contact or not, why did he do it? It gave the lino the opportunity to flag for the pen, if he had booted the ball down the other end, Falmouth would've probably seen out time & come away with a deserved win

46 minutes ago, The Boy said:

Whether the keeper made contact or not, why did he do it? It gave the lino the opportunity to flag for the pen, if he had booted the ball down the other end, Falmouth would've probably seen out time & come away with a deserved win

Probably true mate. But worst but of play acting ive also seen this week. 

I was peering through the curtains when this happened. Vera tried stopping me but I gave her a slap across the face. Penalty all day long. He almost killed the lad.

I remember one time when I played for t'Rovers, Roy tried to kick me. Instead of kicking him in retaliation, I hit his wife in the balls! Moral of the story, the keeper should of kicked his mrs in the bollocks instead!

27 minutes ago, Norris said:

I was peering through the curtains when this happened. Vera tried stopping me but I gave her a slap across the face. Penalty all day long. He almost killed the lad.

I remember one time when I played for t'Rovers, Roy tried to kick me. Instead of kicking him in retaliation, I hit his wife in the balls! Moral of the story, the keeper should of kicked his mrs in the bollocks instead!

Norris, I was a huge fan of Deidre Rachid (nee Barlow), do you have any memorabilia lying around of hers? She was the only symbol for me in the four decade's of 70's, 80's, 90's & 2000's. Gorgeous. 

22 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

Falmouth had to provide a linesman for both their Walter C Parson Cup game and the Cornwall Senior Cup game. Presumably he wasn't available that night?

What is the ruling on linos, for the Walter C Parsons & Cornwall senior cup games?, because I've heard that it's supposed to all neutral officials, but I've also heard times where club linos have been needed to do the line for these competitions

25 minutes ago, The Boy said:

What is the ruling on linos, for the Walter C Parsons & Cornwall senior cup games?, because I've heard that it's supposed to all neutral officials, but I've also heard times where club linos have been needed to do the line for these competitions

The Boy - I think you'll find that if the game is hosted by a SWPL E or W side then the linos are club officials ( as with all their games) - if hosted by a SWPL Prem side then neutral (paid) assistant referees - as is normal..

36 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

The Boy - I think you'll find that if the game is hosted by a SWPL E or W side then the linos are club officials ( as with all their games) - if hosted by a SWPL Prem side then neutral (paid) assistant referees - as is normal..

Partly correct, some games hosted by SWPL Prem teams when playing West/East teams or Combo/ECPL in Senior Cup will still have club assistants. In the earlier games it is only Premier v Premiet who have 3 officials.

1 minute ago, bighairydave said:

Partly correct, some games hosted by SWPL Prem teams when playing West/East teams or Combo/ECPL in Senior Cup will still have club assistants. In the earlier games it is only Premier v Premiet who have 3 officials.

Thanks BHD - so it's only Prem v Prem where 3 officials - any other permutation is club officials, presumably up to a certain round  (quarters or semis) when irrespective of team its 3 officials?

Fair play must go to the 64 year old official for still doing what he does. But if you know you are struggling you've got to think of your own health and how it may impact on a game of football. So I see where you are coming from skinner. And I suppose there are plenty of young referees who could've officiated on that evening, especially one that is fairly local.

1 hour ago, JENGLE said:

Fair play must go to the 64 year old official for still doing what he does. But if you know you are struggling you've got to think of your own health and how it may impact on a game of football. So I see where you are coming from skinner. And I suppose there are plenty of young referees who could've officiated on that evening, especially one that is fairly local.

1 hour ago, skinner said:

the official who had to go off at half time should also take some blame as he is 64 years old who has been talking about retiring with leg injury for a long time   sorry but evening game plenty of young reffs available

Regardless of the Assistants age, a prerequisite to lining on the SWPL is to pass a fitness test. If you pass the fitness test and are at least a level 7 referee, you can run the line at SWPL. Whilst these games are important to the clubs I'm sure, it is not the Premier League.

As a level 6/7 referee, the only way you will really gain experience and knowledge in the game is from the more senior and more experienced referees. The only way this can be achieved is to run the line for them in the SWPL. 

If the guy is still found suitable to run a line at 60 odd years old, I say good man. It is unfortunate that he has picked up an injury, but that's part of the game I'm afraid. 

I'm not saying he's not suitable Dave. But at the same time he's got to look after himself and his health too. And when you've been talking about retiring for a while, there's clearly a reason for it. I know the referee who got injured on that evening, and I must say he's a good official. I've ran the line for him a few times, he knows the game well and has been in the middle at a fairly high level.