Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Matches - Wednesday, October 26 2016

St Blazey should have gone 2v0 up. Had the chance. Parkway didn't really look like scoring. Poor defending for the equaliser and once we went down to 10 men after Nelson was sent off at 1v2 the flood gates opened. Much better performance for 65 minutes. Paddy West going off injured at half time changed the game. We lost our shape a bit. Things are looking up. 

Can't comment on first half performance Paul as I did not get there until the second half. Reports suggest Blazey did Ok. My view from the second period was St.Blazey fell to pieces as game went on. 5 goals conceded in 45 mins must be very concerning any team at any level, & their supporters. Was it 6 last mid-week against Godolphin also? Tea Hut said it was 17th consecutive defeat, worrying times, against a Parkway side that looked re-shuffled due to a lot of injurys/ unavailability etc? Can't see how you can blame a sending off Paul when it was 3-1, with 12 minutes to go!! 

2v1 when Nelson was sent off. 

We're miles adrift. The chances of staying up are pretty slim. 

But you just never no. 

Where was Robin Van Parkway tonight? 

Went to buy him a pint I owe him :drink: but he wasn't there. Not hard enough for a mid weeker at St Blazey??? :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Paul said:

But you just never no. 

Went to buy him a pint I owe him :drink: but he wasn't there. Not hard enough for a mid weeker at St Blazey??? :thumbsup:

He was there Paul as I had a chat with him pre match. Disappointing outcome for you Paul as your boys played well first half but when Parkway scored the floodgates opened. Good luck for the rest of the season.  

Holsworthy 0 v 0 Elburton Villa

Could have been a defeat, happy with an away point, should have been a win <_<

Found out tonight that scoring a goal doesn't count if everyone in the ground see's it cross the line but the officials dont :wacko:

All the best to Holsworthy for the rest of the season :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Paul said:

I did ask a few Parkway fans. They'd never heard of him. :wacko:

We played ok. There will be some new faces to help us over the next few games. 

Did hear that Blazey are hoping to get Aaron Spear back whilst he is now in the country, good player  that boy Spear, did hear last night he was asking Blazey for £60 a game, & promised to bring his brother Raymond along to! They need someone of that ilk as for the second time in a week they let in 5 goals. If all your hopes of staying in the league rest with just that crop of players then I to agree & think your down Paul, those players that played last night nowhere near good enough. Thought the ground was looking tidy, good work to pitch as well looked nice.

9 hours ago, Paul said:

But you just never no. 

I was there Paul, spent most of the first half behind the dugout after chatting to Midland Lilywhite before KO. Moved behind Dave P's goal in the second half. Parkway not at the race in the first 45, No excuses, Blazey were the better side. I think the half time oranges and word in the players ears made a differance.

Certainly a game of two halves.

Oh, and I havent forgotten that pint :D