Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL matches - Friday 28th & Saturday 29th October 2016

Friday October 28 (7.30 pm unless otherwise stated)

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

PREMIER DIVISION

Bodmin Town   4-4  St Austell

Plymouth Argyle Reserves 0-2   Tavistock

Witheridge  2-1  Camelford

Saturday October 29 (3 pm)

Saturday October 29 (3 pm)

THE BUILDBASE FA VASE

First Round Proper Replay

Plymouth Parkway

Bemerton Heath Harlequins

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

Premier Division

Callington Town

Exmouth Town

Cullompton Rangers

St Blazey

Falmouth Town

Tiverton Town Reserves

Ivybridge Town

Saltash United

Newquay

Launceston

Torpoint Athletic

Helston Athletic

Division One (East)

Appledore

Alphington

Brixham

Budleigh Salterton

Crediton United

Newton Abbot Spurs

Galmpton United

Bovey Tracey

Liverton United

Exwick Villa

Sidmouth Town

Stoke Gabriel

Teignmouth

Axminster Town

Torridgeside

University of Exeter

Totnes & Dartington

St Martins

Division One (West)

Bude Town

Vospers Oak Villa

Elburton Villa

Plymouth Marjon

Penryn Athletic

Millbrook

Plymstock United

Porthleven

St Dennis

Dobwalls

Sticker

Holsworthy

Wadebridge Town

Illogan RBL

Wendron United

Penzance

Cracking game at Priory Park!

A 4-4 draw

Three penalties for St Austell (two scored)

Two sent off for Bodmin

And an unhappy Bodmin bench!

(There was a shout about a linesman too!)

Witheridge 2 v Camelford 1

The team who created more good chances lost but Witheridge took their chances so deservedly got the 3 points. Good luck to them for the season - with the help from Bideford players they will be fine this season and rebuilding well after problems pre season  

It was a shame one goal was from a corner that should have been a goalkick and  one was at least 5 yds offside, but they all count. I am starting to get very dispondent though with the inconsistencies being shown by officials lately - a two footed knee high tackle goes unpunished; a goal keeper shouting abuse at the ref goes unpunished; linesmen who cannot keep up with play being overruled and then supported by the ref - it seems that some refs want to prove a point that they 'handle' aggressive play and language, by ignoring it.  Didn't affect the final score though as was equally poor for both teams. 

T'was good to see Camelford making the trek to Witheridge on a Friday night. Unfortunately they lost but no complaints (yet) about having to make the trip in the evening.

8 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

T'was good to see Camelford making the trek to Witheridge on a Friday night. Unfortunately they lost but no complaints (yet) about having to make the trip in the evening.

Willow - Camelford have made the Witheridge fixture a night out (usually last to leave the bar) and even had that mentioned in the match day programme. A very hospitable club and bunch of lads - no complaints from any at Camelford over evening journey or result - just unfortunate standard of officiating. 

6 hours ago, dannybalst2006 said:

No complaints from Camelford. Witheridge has been are favourite away game over last few years and tonight was no different. Not going to say anything about game as I understand you can get banned for voicing opinion 

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

Don't encourage them Willow - it's part of football, they have to accept it or just don't travel. I've found in the past actually, that referees are very good about delaying a start if the travelling team are late in arriving. Some folk moan for the sake of it, it seems to me.

25 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Willow - Camelford have made the Witheridge fixture a night out (usually last to leave the bar) and even had that mentioned in the match day programme. A very hospitable club and bunch of lads - no complaints from any at Camelford over evening journey or result - just unfortunate standard of officiating. 

Sarcasm doesn't always come across well on a computer! After all the whinging and moaning from the other night I was trying to emphasise that Camelford to Witheridge is further than Saltash and I believe Camelford even requested it!

Bodmin vs St Austell. People complaining about cards being show and how many there were. Also about the play acting of the St Austell players. I can remember on 3/4 occasions, when Bodmins "Hard Men" went down like a sack of s**t to be up sprinting around again in 30 seconds. I'm sure that is play acting? From a neutrals perspective, the ref did ok, I didn't see the first pen (so can't comment on that) What he did get wrong was the Jake Ash second penalty (which was saved) but lead to him being sent off, soft. A lot of people around the Bodmin bench saying they had been hard done by. What goes around comes around, think about how "Hard Done By" Falmouth felt last week, you got away with one there. Anyway, great game, great advert for Cornish football

Penryn 1 - 1 Millbrook (J.Foster)

A very good away point for Millbrook which now means we're unbeaten in 4. We scored early in the first half which woke Penryn up - they battered us for most of the game after that. Defended resolutely though and only conceded very late on (80mins +) to an absolute worldy!

Torpoint Athletic 3 Helston Athletic 0

This was my fourth match in five days, part of my mini groundhop. Helston appeared to be understrength with only two substitutes. Torpoint were too strong for them, playing some nice football and creating numerous chances. Goalscorers were Young 7, Bevon 28, Swain 76. Attendance - 83. I was very impressed with Lewis Young, a quick skilful creative winger, finished strongly for his goal. 

2 hours ago, Jamesy7 said:

Penryn 1 - 1 Millbrook (J.Foster)

A very good away point for Millbrook which now means we're unbeaten in 4. We scored early in the first half which woke Penryn up - they battered us for most of the game after that. Defended resolutely though and only conceded very late on (80mins +) to an absolute worldy!

Right on the money there buddy.

In the end, we thought it was a good point for us (!)

It looked like we were never going to score, and you're right....a peach of a goal from Dave Broglino, unbelievably - he hits about 5 of those a season.

Plenty of do or die defending from yourselves, with the rub of the green with the rebounds not dropping to a Penryn player once (!)

Your keeper was solid as well, but I thought the (older ?) balding (same as me) fella was a standout for you boys, didn't miss a thing all afternoon (ratbag)

All in all, a pretty good game to watch, frustrating for us, and yes - a good point for you.

Not a bad team you got there buddy - you'll do well enough this season...one place above relegation :P

Best of luck from me :c:

Wadebridge 1-2 Illogan rbl 

Illogan according to my report from Illogan player went 1-0 down on 65minutes they were then reduced to 10 men when centre back Sam emery was given a second yellow card and the red card followed !! But Illogan kept going for it and on 80th minute dario pisano equalised and then Illogan got winner in injury time through league top scorer Dan Richards 3 big away points