Cornwall Football Forum

GODOLPHIN VS PLYMOUTH RES

Looking forward to this match very much and hopefully a good crowd will turn up to what should be a good match with 2 really good football sides ,I will be there in my usual spot with Smokie dog and taking loads of photos even though i have been feeling crap today after i have been on radiotherapy for my prostate but i will be there at Godolphin Way even if i have to crawl there .I support Plymouth and Godolphin so could be wearing both team colours tmmrw . Think young Josh in the G goal will have a busy afternoon and sorry G im going for a 5-1 defeat hope im wong but this is a good Argyle  side and i wouldnt be surprised if there big striker Garida is back after his injury Good luck to Jamie and all the lads 

This looks the pick of todays games.

Some reasonably good weather has been predicted which should compliment the proceedings.

A lot may hang on how many established players the first team Argyle unit take to Mansfield in the FA Cup?

Possible upset if Godolphin get a good start? Like to hope so anyway.

At 3-1 Up Godophin where well in control and where playing some superb football but then they just seem to go to pieces and the defence just let in so many soft goals and im still not convinced about young Josh in the G goal he did 1 real good save when 1 on 1 but his decision making is just poor and the G need a more experianced goalie really .The young Plymouth team seemed a lot fitter than the G in the 2nd half and played some really outstanding football and will win this league easily my man of the match goes to Phil Lowry not just for his 2 goals his 2nd 1 easier goal he will ever score after the Plymouth goalie and defender collided into each other leaving Phil with a tap in but Phils overall play was outstanding Plymouth had so many good players but i thought the no6 was really good .Well at least  the G only let 6 in poor Newquay let in 10 to Tavistock that is embarassing think it will be McKellars last game in charge maybe Chris Moris could help them out or maybe they are past help 

Ok, we got 9 goals, some good, some totally ridiculous but the key factor to this rather disappointing encounter was the weather.

The strong wind off the sea made a mockery of anything longer than the 10 yard pass which probably more or less torpedoed pre match game planning for these two sides.

I had predicted Godolphin may have caused an upset for their encounter with the current league leaders and they looked fully capable of fulfilling my long shot on their first half performance. What duffed it up for them was an abundance of self inflicted defensive errors and the fluffing of some clear cut opportunities to put their much younger opponents to the sword. With respect to Argyle I merit that the wind will have had a direct impact on such observations.

It was a very messy unattractive football match with little cohesion or quality. The misplaced pass, wayward hoof and lost balls in nearby garden sheds seemed very much to the forefront. Not the best advert for a good few Argyle travellers in the 130 shivering attendance (approx. head-count).

Godolphin still have the basis of a decent side with some impressive individuals, they are let down in obvious key areas which ultimately turned 3 points into another defeat (I'm not naming the positions or individuals on a social media site).

This was my first look at the feared (so titled) Development Squad from Plymouth Argyle. Perhaps it was the wind but on this showing I simply do not recognise what all the fuss is about? I can appreciate an Argyle 11 loaded with first team fringe players would be a challenge but the young lads out there today won't win this league, that's a banker! I may be missing a few chapters from the book (I did queue ten minutes for a coffee and attended the portable bogs a couple of times) but I would be amazed if the likes of Bodmin Town, Parkway, Saltash and Co don't burn them off once the really difficult weather takes a hold.

Not often you get 9 goals and politely grumble about the quality of a game but I'm afraid that's my humble opinion as regards this one. Pity about the wind.

Hope Godolphin aren't too downhearted about their performance (and the score line) there is plenty to build upon.