Cornwall Football Forum

Friday night football - Nov 4th 2016

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

It finished goalless between Bodmin v Parkway.

Tight affair with Parkway just about shading it but failed to hit the target, or when they did, beat Bodmin's keeper Kyle Moore.

Fair assesment Dave, thought Parkway set up well,  were solid, hard to break down. Love a friday night game under the lights, pitch was looking great. We are a little dissapointed as believe we looked more threatening going forward. Not sure what game to watch a  today now though, St Dennis in the cup against Porthleven & check out the new ground improvements, or maybe St.Blazey against Tiverton Reserves, where I can see Blazey getting their first points since the first game of the season, A friend at Tiverton has told me their Reserves are travelling very light today with a number of players missing due to helping out with their first teams big fixture against Shortwood today, so be nice to some happy faces in the Bar afterwards after a home win

The BIG MATCH failed to reach the heights of unrelenting drama surrounding the Bodmin v St Austell clash last Friday.

However, despite periods of fragmented play the Bodmin v Parkway tussle still proved intriguing.

It was ultra competitive without being nasty and there was nowhere near the amount of theatrical flopping which got people sent off the week before.

I like both these sides as they try to play open expansive football the right way. On this occasion they simply cancelled each other out.

The game embraced the decent standard of football in the division without providing the roller coaster ride most of us had hoped for.

Both clubs will doubtless be in the shake up when the final furlong post comes into view.

I've now managed to navigate the notorious Bodmin roadworks twice in succession without getting lost. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Thank God Tiverton came down with a weakened side. Else it could have been embarrassing. 

If the club bother paying anyone for that performance it's a disgrace. 

Maybe that money should go to a local charity instead. 

That is pathetic. 

Paul, I saw the game, & I completely agree. Infact I would go as far to say it was a disgrace to all the good people involved behind the scenes. Never Ever can I remember St.Blazey being beat 10-0 at home in 45 years of local competitive  football & your correct in what you say in regards to donating the money to a local charity. Not one St.Blazey player today looked up to the challenge you have ahead of you, infact I even caught two smiling at each other when the 8th went in! The support still turns out, the manager has lost his opening 5 games I was told afterwards, & the players are a million miles off the required standard. Very bad times for St.Blazey.

54 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Paul, I saw the game, & I completely agree. Infact I would go as far to say it was a disgrace to all the good people involved behind the scenes. Never Ever can I remember St.Blazey being beat 10-0 at home in 45 years of local competitive  football & your correct in what you say in regards to donating the money to a local charity. Not one St.Blazey player today looked up to the challenge you have ahead of you, infact I even caught two smiling at each other when the 8th went in! The support still turns out, the manager has lost his opening 5 games I was told afterwards, & the players are a million miles off the required standard. Very bad times for St.Blazey.

What do you think should happen down there to stop the rot then leedsunited

12 minutes ago, cat weasel said:

What do you think should happen down there to stop the rot then leedsunited

Not for me to say, we all as football enthusiasts have our own opinions, but St.Blazey have lost 20 consecutive games now. Like Paul (who is Blazey through & through) states, how can you pay individuals good money after a performance like that. They just are not up to the standard of the league.  I mean this was no defeat it was an absolute drubbing to the highest degree. How also can you look to move on when two of your own players are laughing when the 8th goal of the day goes in the net! I think that question is better asked to Paul....

Just now, leedsunited said:

Not for me to say, we all as football enthusiasts have our own opinions, but St.Blazey have lost 20 consecutive games now. Like Paul (who is Blazey through & through) states, how can you pay individuals good money after a performance like that. They just are not up to the standard of the league.  I mean this was no defeat it was an absolute drubbing to the highest degree. How also can you look to move on when two of your own players are laughing when the 8th goal of the day goes in the net! I think that question is better asked to Paul....

I only asked your point of view as an outsider looking in although I think the immediate future isn't looking too great 1 win could change the losing mentality and turn fortunes around a club of st blazeys standing should never lose by that margin if I were the players laughing I would be embarrassed to turn up again get players in who want to fight for the club maybe not the most talented but players prepared to fight for every ball 

I'd start by saying no win....no payment. Simple. Enough is enough. 

Or with relegation staring us in the face how about taking all expenses away and spend that good money on the roof behind the goal which is damaged, the seats in the stand which need replacing or the bulbs that don't work on the floodlights. 

Enough is enough. I can take watching us being around the bottom. Not everyone can be top. But loosing 0v10 at home......come on. It's their reserves for God's sake. It was only 0v1 in the 44th minute!!!! 

Paul or Leeds - do you know the Blazey squad from today's game? With their recent signings, the Spear brothers and a couple of new players Griffiths and Cheshire - - they just shouldn't be getting beaten by 10. Tivvy have a decent squad but are not good enough to win against any Prem team by 10 (without first team players)  - no disrespect to all at Tivvy  

If they played a full squad and let in 10, then St Blazey might as well start building a squad for playing in the West next season - 1 point from 19 games won't keep them up

What about poor Newquay as well losing 10-0 to Tavistock Newquay and St BLAZEY  where 2 of the top teams around now they are a laughing stock i dont think either of these 2 teams will be releagated because i think no team will take pomotion ,i hope so then both teams can both rebuild in the summer Blazey need Alan Carey back and god knows who would come to Newquay Would love to see Derek Martyn or Chris Morris there the team is getting hammered every week you got to feel sorry for the young lads and the  Newquay goalie Joe Crane will be walking bent over before long . Both teams will be get more heavy defeats before the season is over so sad for 2 Conwalls top clubs and sad for the fantastic people behind the scenes and there loyal supporters 

6 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

What about poor Newquay as well losing 10-0 to Tavistock Newquay and St BLAZEY  where 2 of the top teams around now they are a laughing stock i dont think either of these 2 teams will be releagated because i think no team will take pomotion ,i hope so then both teams can both rebuild in the summer Blazey need Alan Carey back and god knows who would come to Newquay Would love to see Derek Martyn or Chris Morris there the team is getting hammered every week you got to feel sorry for the young lads and the  Newquay goalie Joe Crane will be walking bent over before long . Both teams will be get more heavy defeats before the season is over so sad for 2 Conwalls top clubs and sad for the fantastic people behind the scenes and there loyal supporters 

Sticker will take promotion I believe and they are doing well in the West this season.

45 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Paul or Leeds - do you know the Blazey squad from today's game? With their recent signings, the Spear brothers and a couple of new players Griffiths and Cheshire - - they just shouldn't be getting beaten by 10. Tivvy have a decent squad but are not good enough to win against any Prem team by 10 (without first team players)  - no disrespect to all at Tivvy  

If they played a full squad and let in 10, then St Blazey might as well start building a squad for playing in the West next season - 1 point from 19 games won't keep them up

Paul is the best person to ask for todays line up Bobjfh, as I did not recognise hardly anyone apart from the boy Spears!!?? Now I heard today he is getting paid £75 A GAME. They are bottom of the league & just been crucified 10-0 at home, how does this work? The manager seemed way out of his depth. I believe Paul has a point in taking expenses away, see how many really care because not even competing you might as well play blokes in the bar & save a few quid or play the second team that will at least hang around & play when relegated next season. I was told that 10 players today commuted from Plymouth, what an awful waste of club money & now obvious how these lads can't get a game nearer to home, as they are just not up to it & without sounding patronising been sussed out by clubs in their own areas. Feel dreadfully sorry for Martin, Amos, Chris & the rest of the backroom guys that breathe Green & Black & have done for over many many years

It does look like Domesday for the two once great historic Cornish clubs-Newquay and St.Blazey and relegation looms.

Sticker have ambitions to promotion from the West and in the East the two leading clubs Newton Abbot Spurs and Creditron United both have the floodlights and facilities  in place to accept promotion.

Newquay have not scored in their last 6 league games and have conceded 44

St.Blazey have conceded 50 in their lat 10 league games

It

10 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Paul is the best person to ask for todays line up Bobjfh, as I did not recognise hardly anyone apart from the boy Spears!!?? Now I heard today he is getting paid £75 A GAME. They are bottom of the league & just been crucified 10-0 at home, how does this work? The manager seemed way out of his depth. I believe Paul has a point in taking expenses away, see how many really care because not even competing you might as well play blokes in the bar & save a few quid or play the second team that will at least hang around & play when relegated next season. I was told that 10 players today commuted from Plymouth, what an awful waste of club money & now obvious how these lads can't get a game nearer to home, as they are just not up to it & without sounding patronising been sussed out by clubs in their own areas. Feel dreadfully sorry for Martin, Amos, Chris & the rest of the backroom guys that breathe Green & Black & have done for over many many years

Sad to say that the decline has been steady over the last several Years and a lot of good people would turn in their resting places to see the state of things on and off the field. I would take issue with your stated sorrow for Martin and Co. because they have been part of the decision making that has allowed the situation to develop.

The turn-around at St Austell stemmed from the Committee working hard and well through some desperate times and this is what St Blazey needs to copy to find some energy and good sense amongst Executive and Members.

I wish them every good luck in turning this once great Club round again.

On 06/11/2016 at 09:18, ex-chairman said:

It

Sad to say that the decline has been steady over the last several Years and a lot of good people would turn in their resting places to see the state of things on and off the field. I would take issue with your stated sorrow for Martin and Co. because they have been part of the decision making that has allowed the situation to develop.

The turn-around at St Austell stemmed from the Committee working hard and well through some desperate times and this is what St Blazey needs to copy to find some energy and good sense amongst Executive and Members.

I wish them every good luck in turning this once great Club round again.

Why would you take issue with regards to Martin & Co? You might/probably  know more than me in regards to behind the scenes as I only socialize at the club & watch occasional games when Bodmin are not fixtured, but you say they have a certain responsibility for the downfall on & off the field? As far as I am aware, they are caught in very difficult situation as the Committee does not pick the team/players etc, however when the managers position became vacant they had only 1 interested party, I heard this first hand one evening from a club officer & after contacting many respected figures before giving the only interested party the job, every person they had contacted to take the reigns of the team had all rejected the opportunity. Now what more can Martin & Co can do They cant leave the position vacant forever!

I believe St Blazey have only conceded double figures in one home league game. Saturday 13th September 1958: St Blazey 2-10 Launceston (South Western League new boys).

On Saturday 19th December 1971, they lost 2-11 away to Falmouth Town and I can't find any other record from memory of them conceding double figures in a game.

14 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

I believe St Blazey have only conceded double figures in one home league game. Saturday 13th September 1958: St Blazey 2-10 Launceston (South Western League new boys).

On Saturday 19th December 1971, they lost 2-11 away to Falmouth Town and I can't find any other record from memory of them conceding double figures in a game.

Somebody in the tea hut said St.Blazey have conceded 20 goals in two games this season against Tiverton Reserves?

I hear Lee, the new manager at St Blazey is using his contacts with the Argyle Developmemt setup to bring down quality 17/18 year olds - which is probably why most are commuting back to Plymouth after the game. It may add some quality to the St Blazey squad (and as young lads probably cheap) but whether they will be sufficient to save St Blazey is another question - also creates no loyalty to the club / area and the possibility that if the manager goes the squad goes.

1 hour ago, Willow Tree said:

19 (1-9 and 0-10)

It could be ironic that St.Blazey held the record for the highest SWPL (P) league Double (18-0)

2012-13  St.Blazey v Penzance (H.11-0 & A.7-0)

Also is the run of 20 consecutive defeats Premier Div. a SWPL (P) Record? ----Penzance  had 2 draws(2-2 at Bovey & 0-0 v Torpoint) and 34 defeats in 2012-13