Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP 2nd Round

Ties played 26th Nov

St Dominick    4-8    Torpoint Athletic  aet (4-4 at 90 mins)

Launceston    1-2    Bodmin Town

Tie played 2nd Dec

Liskeard Athletic     0-4    Saltash Utd

Ties to be played Saturday December 3rd

St Stephens Boro 4-2 Redruth Utd  (AET - Redruth 2 nil up after 88 mins according to their facebook!)

Padstow Utd 1-2 Carharrack

Mullion  0-1 Polperro

Goonhavern Ath 1-7 AFC St Austell

Pensilva  2-5 Falmouth Town

RNAS Culdrose 0-2 Mousehole

Callington Town 0-2 Newquay

Camelford 4-2 Wadebridge Town (aet, 2-2 at 90 mins)

Millbrook 7-3 Dobwalls (aet, 3-3 at 90 mins) 

Penzance 2-3 St Day

Bude Town 0-3 Ludgvan 

Holman SC 6-1 Looe Town

Porthleven 4-1 Godolphin Atlantic

Yes a new venue - The Millenium House Recreation Ground to visit-what are the facilities like for parking please?

Another ground looking forward to is Coach Road for the Falmouth visit to Plymouth Argyle Reserves.

A revisit to Ladysmead (Tiverton) to see Falmouth since there last meeting in 1982-83.

Just now, midlandlilywhite said:

Scorers -.Watts 3 (another Senior Cup hat trick), Evans 2, Bragg, Eddy. Goonhavern scored near full time when the score was 6-0. 

Any idea of the attendance? 

I would say probably about 75 or more. Goonhavern played well in the first half and hit the post before St Austell scored. Two goals in the first three minutes of the second half seemed to knock the stuffing out of the home side but they battled on.

Went to watch Goonhaven this afternoon and was surprised why it was only £2 to go in and watch the match , i turned up 10mins late after going on a mystery tour yes i got lost looking for the ground , Goonhaven really went for it in the 1st half and could of scored twice but failed to take there chances and St Austell took control of the match and there class shown and as young Rappo said St Austell would step up a gear and Mark was right and St Austell scored 2 quick goals in the 2nd half and ran out worthy winners but Goonhaven gave it a go in the 1st half and well dont to them Man of the match Martin Watts but Tom Chambers was brilliant . Was nice seeing lots offriendly people and Smokie liked the fuss supporters made of him but it was bloody cold there and left before the end of the match time to get on e bay to get some thermal underwear i tried to get smokie to wear his coat but he wasnt having it he hates it . Well Done Newquay for there win but what the bloody hell happened to Godolphin losing to Portheleven they do rely on Jamie Lowry too much and will have to do for some time now after he has had his op 

I was one of the Frozen 55 at Pensilva 2 Falmouth Town 5 today.

A moody grey afternoon below Caradon Hill. Images of old blokes with 6 thick jumpers spring to mind. I was one of them.

No programmes, no admission (at least from where I and most other folk entered the field from).

There was a well attended café back in the Community Centre Building doing tea bags for £1.75p a go, at that price I would guess they had little to do with the football club.

The reasonable weather this week ensured a decent enough pitch, and yes there is a bit of a slope and it's not entirely even, but it did look well within the standards of holding a game at this level. Didn't see too big a problem with it really.

A 5-2 away win looks emphatic on paper but in reality the winning margin somewhat flattered the Falmouth side. When you consider the gap in league status Pensilva more or less competed at a very similar standard to the SWPL Premier Division visitors which is a great credit to their efforts.

It was scrappy, committed and enthusiastic, I was not expecting silky flash football and I didn't get it that's for sure. I will say that the game flowed well enough and kept your interest through most of the toe numbing temperatures, this was partly enhanced by some positive refereeing and whilst all the decisions didn't please everyone I think the official had a rather good game and added to the entertainment.

Pensilva were never that far from creating an upset here, I think two of the Falmouth goals came from slightly debatable penalties? It was a pretty even tussle.

Without wishing to be disrespectful I did expect a tad more quality from what appeared to be a loose and fragmented Falmouth outfit, they were often under the cosh from Pensilva and for most of the first half Falmouth seemed to be adopting a counter attacking style of play. Second half the home side seemed to tire a little and Falmouth enjoyed more possession. They got the win today but surely they can't be 100% happy with the overall performance?

Nice to watch a game at a pitch I've seen many a time in passing but never when a game was on. Today I achieved that feat.

Callington Town 0-2 Newquay

After their excellent victory in the league against Argyle 8 days ago, Callington took part with Newquay in what can best be described as a dire game of football, many misplaced passes and too many in free kicks preventing any sense of a flowing game at a blustery Marshfield Parc.

Newquay took the lead on 35 minutes when a free kick on the right on the half way line was misjudged ( or caught by the wind) and ended up in the home goal to give Newquay a 1-0 half time lead.

The game continued in a similar manner in the second half, Callington persisting in playing the ball in the air towards Danny O'Hagan at the heart of the Newquay defence.

As Callington pushed on at the end of the game, Jack Bray-Evans scored a second for the visitors, fortunately sparing spectators the prospect of another 30 minutes of extra time.

The afternoon was summed up for me when a Newquay supporter told me that he thought Tavistock had a good chance of winning the Cornwall Senior Cup, it was that sort of afternoon.

A good second half performance saw St Austell go through to the next round of the Senior Cup after a 7-1 win at Goonhavern. The home side started brightly and hit the post before Josh Bragg gave the Lillywhites the lead. Second half goals from Harry Evans(2), Liam Eddy and 2 goals from Martin Watts gave St Austell a 6-0 lead before Craig Brown pulled a goal back for the home side before Martin Watts completed his hat-trick to make the final score 7-1. Good to see 100%Cornish and Smokie there on a cold afternoon, even if Smokie was unwilling to wrap up warm! Full credit to Goonhavern and good luck to them for the rest of the season.

24 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

You must have VIP status Dave

It has it perks! :yahoo: Seriously though, I think I also read the board you've mentioned but the two teas I bought were definitely £1 and very useful to keep the cold out!

All results showing now

Names in the hat for the draw which I think will take place next Saturday

SWPL Prem - 7 : Torpoint, Bodmin, Saltash, St Austell, Falmouth, Newquay, Camelford

SWPL D1W - 3 : Mousehole, Millbrook, Porthleven

MAB ECPL Prem - 2 : St Stephens Boro, Polperro

LWC Drinks CC - 4 : Carharrack, St Day, Ludgvan, Holman SC

15 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

I was one of the Frozen 55 at Pensilva 2 Falmouth Town 5 today.

A moody grey afternoon below Caradon Hill. Images of old blokes with 6 thick jumpers spring to mind. I was one of them.

No programmes, no admission (at least from where I and most other folk entered the field from).

There was a well attended café back in the Community Centre Building doing tea bags for £1.75p a go, at that price I would guess they had little to do with the football club.

The reasonable weather this week ensured a decent enough pitch, and yes there is a bit of a slope and it's not entirely even, but it did look well within the standards of holding a game at this level. Didn't see too big a problem with it really.

A 5-2 away win looks emphatic on paper but in reality the winning margin somewhat flattered the Falmouth side. When you consider the gap in league status Pensilva more or less competed at a very similar standard to the SWPL Premier Division visitors which is a great credit to their efforts.

It was scrappy, committed and enthusiastic, I was not expecting silky flash football and I didn't get it that's for sure. I will say that the game flowed well enough and kept your interest through most of the toe numbing temperatures, this was partly enhanced by some positive refereeing and whilst all the decisions didn't please everyone I think the official had a rather good game and added to the entertainment.

Pensilva were never that far from creating an upset here, I think two of the Falmouth goals came from slightly debatable penalties? It was a pretty even tussle.

Without wishing to be disrespectful I did expect a tad more quality from what appeared to be a loose and fragmented Falmouth outfit, they were often under the cosh from Pensilva and for most of the first half Falmouth seemed to be adopting a counter attacking style of play. Second half the home side seemed to tire a little and Falmouth enjoyed more possession. They got the win today but surely they can't be 100% happy with the overall performance?

Nice to watch a game at a pitch I've seen many a time in passing but never when a game was on. Today I achieved that feat.

The decline of Falmouth appears to be rapid - when did they last win ? I predict that come the end of the season they will be in the bottom four.

When is the draw for the next round ? No doubt the cornwall fa will see fit to have this on Christmas day ! Why can it not be made on the same day that all the games are completed - only they know the answer !

16 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

The decline of Falmouth appears to be rapid - when did they last win ? I predict that come the end of the season they will be in the bottom four.

When is the draw for the next round ? No doubt the cornwall fa will see fit to have this on Christmas day ! Why can it not be made on the same day that all the games are completed - only they know the answer !

Probably because clubs don't always get results in quickly enough!

Both draws are being made next Saturday live on Radio Cornwall.

3 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Moan moan moan!!! BIG AL it's nearly Christmas time for festive cheer or are you bah humbug

6 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Umm yesterday :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, BIG AL said:

Appreciate yesterday but before that ? Maybe a temporary blip but I think it is more than that.

Keep the faith Big Al, it might only be a blip but feel for Newquay and St Blazey - their blip has been season long!