Cornwall Football Forum

CCFA Hearing results for October 2016

Cornwall FA Disciplinary Hearing Results October 2016

Richard Full of Helston Athletic

1. Helston Athletic v Plymouth Parkway – Carlsberg South West Peninsula League

Richard Full is charged for an alleged breach of FA Rule E3 - Improper Conduct

In the 44th minute Mr Full, the Helston assistant manager entered the field of play without permission and used foul and abusive language towards the referee. The referee then dismissed Mr Full from the technical area

Plea – Guilty

Case – Proven

Suspension – 3 Match Touchline Ban Commencing 12th November 2016

Fine - £30

2. Matthew Beecher of Helston Athletic

Helston Athletic v Plymouth Parkway Carlsberg South West Peninsula League

Matthew Beecher is charged for an Alleged Breach of FA Rule E3 - Improper Conduct

After the game, Mr Beecher approached the referee in the clubhouse and acted in an aggressive and intimidating manner towards the referee including using foul and abusive language towards him

Plea – Guilty

Case – Proven - When applying the sanction the commission took into account the character reference provided by Helston Football Club in mitigation

Suspension – 3 Match’s commencing on 12th November 2016

Fine £30

3. Harry Pope of Carharrack FC

Mullion v Carharrack – LWC Drinks Combination League

Harry Pope is charged with an alleged breach of FA Rule E3 - Improper Conduct

Mr Pope, who is the manager of Carharrack was removed from the technical area for swearing at the referee

Plea – Guilty

Case – Proven

Suspension – 3 Match Ground Ban commencing on 12th November 2016

Fine £30

4. Adam Pryor of Mawnan FC

Chacewater v Mawnan – Whirlwind Sports Trelawney League

Adam Pryor is charged for an alleged breach of FA Rule E3 - Improper Conduct

After being dismissed from the field of play Adam Pryor used foul and abusive language towards the referee on two occasions

Plea – Not Guilty

Case – Proven - When deciding on the sanction the commission took into account Mr Pryor’s apology and plea for mitigation

Suspension – 2 Match’s commencing on 12th November 2016

Fine - £25

5. Nanpean Rovers

Roche v Nanpean Rovers – Mortgage Advice Bureau East Cornwall League East Cornwall Premier League

Nanpean Rovers are charged for an alleged breach of FA Rule E20

After the final whistle as the referee entered the changing room he received abuse from the players of Nanpean who used foul and abusive language towards him

Plea – Guilty

Case – Proven

Fine - £25

6. Lee Goodall – Penzance Reserves

New Inn Titans v Penzance Reserves – Whirlwind Sports Trelawney league

Lee Goodall of Penzance is charged for an alleged breach of FA Rule E3 - Improper Conduct

After being sent off Mr Goodall used foul and abusive language towards the referee and refused to leave the vicinity of the pitch

Plea – Guilty

Case – Proven

Suspension – 3 Match’s commencing on 12th November 2016

Fine £30

7. Carl Stretton – Illogan RBL

Illogan v Wendron United – Carlsberg South West Peninsula League

Carl Stretton is charged with an alleged breach of FA Rule E3 - Improper Conduct

After receiving a red card Mr Stretton continued to swear at the referee

Plea – Guilty

Case – Proven

Suspension – 2 Match’s commencing on 12th November 2016

Fine - £30

8. Charlie Penney

Individual Charge For Breach of FA Rule E1

Charlie Penney is charged for an alleged Breach of FA Rule E1 - Misconduct Under The Rules of an Affiliated Association

It is alleged that Charlie Penney has signed on Trelawny League forms For Ludgvan FC and St Agnes FC, Mr Penney knowingly used different dates of birth and different surnames on the registration forms and has therefore breached Trelawny League Rule 8G and FA Rule E1

Plea- Guilty

Case – Proven

Suspension – 182 Days Commencing 12th November 2016

Fine - £50

9. Jack Ostle – St Cleer

St Cleer v Boscastle – JJ Jones Builders Duchy League

Mr Ostle acted in aggressive manner towards members of the opposition and had to be restrained by team mates in the changing rooms after the game. Mr Ostle also swore at the referee when he asked him to calm down

Plea- Guilty

Case – Proven

Suspension – 2 Match’s commencing on 12th November 2016 – When deciding on sanction the commission considered

Fine - £30

Some of the suspensions that relate to incidents dont seem to add up. You can be restrained by your team mates from acting aggressively and swear at the ref and get 2 games, yet you can just swear at the ref and be sent from the technical area and get 3 games....  So essentially, if you are going to get in trouble for swearing at the ref, you may aswell go all out and end up needing to be restrained by your team mates because that wya you will only 2 games rather than 3.  Seems very odd.

3 hours ago, secretscout said:

Some of the suspensions that relate to incidents dont seem to add up. You can be restrained by your team mates from acting aggressively and swear at the ref and get 2 games, yet you can just swear at the ref and be sent from the technical area and get 3 games....  So essentially, if you are going to get in trouble for swearing at the ref, you may aswell go all out and end up needing to be restrained by your team mates because that wya you will only 2 games rather than 3.  Seems very odd.

He was restrained from the opposition not from the referee!

4 hours ago, ex-chairman said:

No point CCFA banging on about respect etc and then hand out trivial punishments.

You have never sworn at anyone? Be careful that halo don't slip and hang you. All adults who have heard swear words before I'm sure. Swearing is part of common speech nowadays and I was always taught that respect must be earnt. It is not a god-given right. 

12 hours ago, Keith B said:

Be careful in case your mates don't restrain you in time chum. You might not play football again if your temper is that bad. The sooner they introduce into football, rules akin to rugby union where discipline is concerned the better.

I agree, if they want to stamp these issues out then more has to be done, like they do in rugby.  But these punishments do seem to lack any thought process or consistency across the board.  Nevermind.

So Keith B you are saying the Referee's are exempt from the 'Respect' campaign?  I for one have been on the end of some pretty unsavoury comments from Officials so it definitely goes both ways!  I'm not saying the comments to Officials are very often over the top and unwelcome but it needs buy in from all concerned.

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Just so that I know I've read this correctly - are we saying that some match officials should improve the way they deal with the players as well as the other way round? 

Yes!

I'm not "ganging up" on officials, my point is, could it not be possible that officials also have a part to play in helping to stamp this out. Had a similar conversation with Gary Cornish a few weeks ago. I actually praised Gary on the way he officiated our game, not on the fact I thought every decision was correct, but by the way he knows how speak to players and seems to be able to control a game and stop potential flash points by explaining decisions and in a manner that  doesn't antagonise players. I've certainly been no angel in my career, but I think if officials could learn to speak to players in a more understanding manor then players will respond differently. Of course there are always going to be a certain amount of players that are just going to "lose it". Impossible to stamp it out completely. I just wish people would look at it from both angles and realise we all need to learn!

1 hour ago, Crouchy said:

I'm not "ganging up" on officials, my point is, could it not be possible that officials also have a part to play in helping to stamp this out. Had a similar conversation with Gary Cornish a few weeks ago. I actually praised Gary on the way he officiated our game, not on the fact I thought every decision was correct, but by the way he knows how speak to players and seems to be able to control a game and stop potential flash points by explaining decisions and in a manner that  doesn't antagonise players. I've certainly been no angel in my career, but I think if officials could learn to speak to players in a more understanding manor then players will respond differently. Of course there are always going to be a certain amount of players that are just going to "lose it". Impossible to stamp it out completely. I just wish people would look at it from both angles and realise we all need to learn!

I have said exactly the same thing on several occasions always to cause a defensive reaction on behalf of refs. They show little respect for players and are there purely as a paid job.How many times has anyone seen a ref. actually smile - answer never !

I'm always sticking up for refs on here but I absolutely get what you're saying. On two occasions I had referees tell me to "shut up" and "Go away" last season. One of those was someone I knew and spoke to on a regular basis! I agree with what you are saying. I got those responses for simply asking "what was that for ref?"... I wasn't  being facetious or aggressive, I was genuinely wondering why on both occasions, the teams were penalised (opposition and my side). That's what I got thrown at me. 

I get that, I understand where you are coming from. Respect from the referee was a big topic during the Respect and Behaviour meetings that took place across the county not so long ago.

49 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I have said exactly the same thing on several occasions always to cause a defensive reaction on behalf of refs. They show little respect for players and are there purely as a paid job.How many times has anyone seen a ref. actually smile - answer never !

If you want a smile then pay a bit extra!

On 10/11/2016 at 21:10, Dange'rous said:

I'm always sticking up for refs on here but I absolutely get what you're saying. On two occasions I had referees tell me to "shut up" and "Go away" last season. One of those was someone I knew and spoke to on a regular basis! I agree with what you are saying. I got those responses for simply asking "what was that for ref?"... I wasn't  being facetious or aggressive, I was genuinely wondering why on both occasions, the teams were penalised (opposition and my side). That's what I got thrown at me. 

I get that, I understand where you are coming from. Respect from the referee was a big topic during the Respect and Behaviour meetings that took place across the county not so long ago.

But had you been moaning about the descions before hand ? Because everyone has a breaking point ,  look I have been involved with games when both teams are on to a ref even about a blatant throw in against and constant appealing for every descions which becomes tedious  and even refs are human and can get fed up , on the other hand there are a couple who you know from the first whistle if they let the game flow or if it is all about them doesn't happen often .

I used to. I was never bad, I used to question decisions (in a positive way) but you're talking to a man that has been playing football for over 13 years and only received two yellows. One for shooting after the whistle had blown (didn't hear it), an the second was for a late tackle on my referee course (ironic). Since completing the course I've not questioned decisions whilst on the field with anyone but myself. There's been times where I've wanted too, but I know how hard it can be in the middle so I keep my opinions to myself. Ive always tried to be one for setting an example, not being the example.

You are completely correct in your post Stevie :) Constant appealing gets my back up, I get bored of it after a while. 

9 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Run the line the other week against Hayle in combo in the first half their manager appealed for everything but always with a smile on his face and we both had some great banter.sometimes it's how you appeal

Completely agree. I manage Wendron Sunday side, depending on the referee (whether I know I can have a laugh and joke), I do the same. Always with a smile, of course :)