Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL fixtures for Saturday, Nov 12th 2016

Saturday November 12

THE BUILDBASE FA VASE

Second Round Proper

Cullompton Rangers

Bemerton Heath Harlequins 

(at Willand Rovers) after extra time (score at 90 minutes 1-1) replay Tuesday 7.45pm

Gillingham Town

Exmouth Town

Torpoint Athletic

Clevedon Town

Tuffley Rovers

Bodmin Town

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

Premier Division

Callington Town

P

Plymouth Parkway

P

(waterlogged pitch)

Godolphin Atlantic

Ivybridge Town

Plymouth Argyle Reserves

Helston Athletic

Saltash United

Camelford

St Austell

Witheridge

Tiverton Town Reserves

Newquay

Division One (East)

Alphington

St Martins

Appledore

University of Exeter

Axminster Town

P

Newton Abbot Spurs

P

(no referee)

Budleigh Salterton

Liverton United

Exwick Villa

Stoke Gabriel

Galmpton United

Crediton United

Teignmouth

Brixham

Torridgeside

Bovey Tracey

Totnes & Dartington

Sidmouth Town

Division One (West)

Bude Town

Plymstock United

Dobwalls

Holsworthy

Elburton Villa

Porthleven

Millbrook

Plymouth Marjon

Penzance

Sticker

St Dennis

P

Liskeard Athletic

P

(waterlogged pitch)

Vospers Oak Villa

Illogan RBL

Wadebridge Town

P

Mousehole

P

(waterlogged pitch)

Wendron United

Penryn Athletic

Saltash 7 v 0 Camelford

Would say that Camels were missing some key players / injuries, wet pitch or any other excuse but no point - Ashes were the much better team and deserved winner, on the day. . At 4-0 HT and scoring within seconds of start of second half thought it might go to double figures and what the Camels can take from the game is their battling in the second half - for 44 mintes Ashes scored twice and Camels had some chances as opposed to 5 in first 46 minutes. 

I have long put Parkway / Bodmin for my favourites for league - seeing Ashes today with their starting 11 and bench - can't see them not winning the league - their strike force (midfield and forwards) will be too much for the others. 

Nice club, great squad and great facilities. 

Would also add that the referee today was the same ref that's Camels had v Holsworthy on Wednesday. At that match he was poor, as I put on the forum - today, 'hats off' he had a very decent game. Didn't agree with every decision but he was fair, consistent, positioning far better and game management much much better - credit where it's due. 

14 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Saltash 7 v 0 Camelford

Would say that Camels were missing some key players / injuries, wet pitch or any other excuse but no point - Ashes were the much better team and deserved winner, on the day. . At 4-0 HT and scoring within seconds of start of second half thought it might go to double figures and what the Camels can take from the game is their battling in the second half - for 44 mintes Ashes scored twice and Camels had some chances as opposed to 5 in first 46 minutes. 

I have long put Parkway / Bodmin for my favourites for league - seeing Ashes today with their starting 11 and bench - can't see them not winning the league - their strike force (midfield and forwards) will be too much for the others. 

Nice club, great squad and great facilities. 

Would also add that the referee today was the same ref that's Camels had v Holsworthy on Wednesday. At that match he was poor, as I put on the forum - today, 'hats off' he had a very decent game. Didn't agree with every decision but he was fair, consistent, positioning far better and game management much much better - credit where it's due. 

Good evaluation there Bobjfh. Thought saltash were absolutely on it yesterday and completely dominated as the scoreline suggests, on what was a marsh of a pitch by the end of the 90.

for me, the ashes have been the most impressive side ive seen so far this season, perhaps barring Argyle's team that dealt the 6v0 mauling of St austell but thats another debate.

How refreshing is it to have 4/5/6 sides that could win the league this year though? and not just 1 or 2 streaking ahead. it's certainly going to be tight and i think it would be silly to rule out sides at this stage.

Another observation - I think the league has separated into two mini leagues this season. the top 6 or 7 sides look to be of greater standard to the league than of previous years i feel. whereas the bottom few are of a far poorer standard. thoughts?

Hemming Berg - totally agree about the 'two leagues' (Saltash/Parkway/Tavistock/ Bodmin and St Austell - I don't include Argyle are they in an artificial position and then the rest). I don't think that those 5 are of a higher standard than winners previously but good for the league having true competition at the top. 

At the other end - Newquay and St Blazey are very poor at the moment and not playing to SWPL Prem standard. 

I think that the other 12 teams can all beat each other (Camels were not great yesterday but in the reverse fixture the Ashes were slightly lucky to walk away with all three points and Witheridge were beating the Ashes before the game was abandoned).

Within those 12 the standard is generally good but all suffer from quality across a whole squad and particularly strikers. Also, remembering 3 of the 14 are still in the Vase. 

Great result for Bodmin yesterday, Bodmin against a very good Tuffley side. Fantastic all round performance. Have not been up to long due to many Rum & Pineapple mixers on the journey back, head was a little fuzzy today but got to celebrate a win. :thumbsup: Well done also to Torpoint for their cracking result yesterday also in the Vase.