Cornwall Football Forum

1 hour ago, pastyman said:

You have obviously visited the ground and inspected the pitch, so you would have a good opinion.

With the small amount of rain that had fallen, and the game called off, then there must be severe drainage difficulties. Has the ground not got a perforated drainage system,an essential for any ground in a senior league, surely ?

Just now, BIG AL said:

With the small amount of rain that had fallen, and the game called off, then there must be severe drainage difficulties. Has the ground not got a perforated drainage system,an essential for any ground in a senior league, surely ?

BIG AL you are deviating here.  Did you visit the Callington ground?

50 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

A game being called off has had more comments on it than games that went ahead! 

It rained a lot, pitch waterlogged, game off. If you had inspected the pitch Big Al and saw it fit to play on fair enough, but the fact is you didn't and a qualified local referee did and deemed it unplayable 

50 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

A game being called off has had more comments on it than games that went ahead! 

It rained a lot, pitch waterlogged, game off. If you had inspected the pitch Big Al and saw it fit to play on fair enough, but the fact is you didn't and a qualified local referee did and deemed it unplayable 

That says it all !!

The useless weather forecasters had predicted the rain front would be 100 miles east of Plymouth by 10am?

The Bodmin Moor area in general copped for heavy rain fall overnight and it was still raining consistently in parts of the area come lunchtime Saturday.

I thought given the 'predicted' dry spell from early morning up until kick off we might have escaped SWPL postponements but the duff information from the weather-wasters only proved to confirm that parts of Cornwall had a problem (football pitch wise).

I just hope we don't have such a long continually wet winter as last season.

Lets remember, most of our clubs only have a tiny resource and extremely limited assistance for pitch maintenance. Come a bad storm, come the postponements. The grounds people do a really great job but there is only so much within their capacity to safeguard the pitch.

Surely it will be a bit dryer this winter? We'll soon find out.

Here's hoping.

Cornwall is extremely difficult to forecast for as we stick out like a finger into the Atlantic.

The weather can travel completely differently up one coast compared to the other.

Also because we are a long county, you will see games played down West, and cancelled further up due to the weather clearing from the Southwest hours before the same weather reaches "up North" - it's not rocket science when you think about it.

And this post is spot on, usually only one man and his dog repairing the pitches.....well said Uwdi Krugg :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Lets remember, most of our clubs only have a tiny resource and extremely limited assistance for pitch maintenance. Come a bad storm, come the postponements. The grounds people do a really great job but there is only so much within their capacity to safeguard the pitch.

1 hour ago, NORTH DEVON DWELLER said:

I really don't know why people rise to him, I don't think I have ever seen anything sensible posted by him.

He is what is nowadays known as an internet troll that hides behind a pseudonym and gets off on posting crap.

And I am proud of it !

17 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Cornwall is extremely difficult to forecast for as we stick out like a finger into the Atlantic.

The weather can travel completely differently up one coast compared to the other.

Also because we are a long county, you will see games played down West, and cancelled further up due to the weather clearing from the Southwest hours before the same weather reaches "up North" - it's not rocket science when you think about it.

And this post is spot on, usually only one man and his dog repairing the pitches.....well said Uwdi Krugg :thumbsup:

Since moving away from the Plymouth area, I can appreciate how much it rains down there. Should be re-named the Wet-country.

10 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

He said a bit more than one word, but I admire anyone who does not mind being laughed at so often.

Well done Al....ho, ho, ho.

As I do not see local football thru rose tinted glasses as many do, I will probably have the last laugh when it disappears in 10years time. The decline at present can bring no other result.

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

As I do not see local football thru rose tinted glasses as many do, I will probably have the last laugh when it disappears in 10years time. The decline at present can bring no other result.

Hope you are wrong about local football  Al , see my post on main discussion forum ,  I do think  sometimes you are a wind up merchant and enjoy the reactions you get :)

13 hours ago, BIG AL said:

It is certainly going to be reduced in 10 years time - but not gone.

As for glasses - I'd give yours a good clean if I was you.