Cornwall Football Forum

GODOLPHIN VS IVYBRIDGE

Not much to say about this afternoons game the G where very poor indeed and young Josh Gilbert the young G goalie sent off as well the match was very poor and Ivybridge won 3-1 G defence very poor today young Gilbert made a brilliant save but from the resulting corner the big Ivybridge no5 scored a soft goal not more can write about the match it was just very poor . My man of the match goes to Kyran Parker to the G and the No5 for Ivybridge .Wish i stayed home in the warmth and watched the rugby now bloody freezing there stood up poor Smokie was even shaken . Another hammering fo Newquay big match next week vs St Blazey for them and St Blazey got to be the favourites to win the crucial match 

Why not get off the young keepers back 100% Cornish? Seen you slating him on here for the last few weeks. He's 21 years old, which i believe is the youngest keeper in the Premier League. I watched the G game today and he was very good, made 4 important saves and had no chance with the 2 goals. I have also seen some of his other games, where he has been at fault for some goals, but very easy to remember the bad things. I see you haven't mentioned the mistakes from the 2 G players for both goals? This shouldn't be somewhere were you slag players off, there was mistakes everywhere on the pitch today and not fair to single someone out. 

57 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Why not get off the young keepers back 100% Cornish? Seen you slating him on here for the last few weeks. He's 21 years old, which i believe is the youngest keeper in the Premier League. I watched the G game today and he was very good, made 4 important saves and had no chance with the 2 goals. I have also seen some of his other games, where he has been at fault for some goals, but very easy to remember the bad things. I see you haven't mentioned the mistakes from the 2 G players for both goals? This shouldn't be somewhere were you slag players off, there was mistakes everywhere on the pitch today and not fair to single someone out. 

Having played in goal for 25 yrs at a high level I hate when I read goalkeepers getting slated it's a helpless task!!!! Strikers can miss plenty of chances but a keeper makes a mistake and it's a goal!!  He is 21 no age for a keeper he will learn from mistakes and kick on of that I am sure but encouragement is what's needed not publicly scrutinised 

Ok Josh is a very good shot stopper like he showed again yesterday he made 1 brilliant save unfortunaly from the resulting corner the Ivybridge captain scored ,What i have seen so far of young Josh so far hes not good at crosses and slow coming off his line but i thought he was close to man of the match yesterday but i thought Kyran Parker was superb .Sorry for being critical of him will see what hes like against Bodmin ,Parkway ,St Austell and Saltash when they come to town 

Lots of players out injured Luke Rigby ,kAYNE Trevaskis , Ollie Pinnell and im sure theres others but Sean Semmens the best goalie around moving to Mangotsfield is the biggest lost and Jamie Lowry not playing as many matches makes a diffence as well but the G will be safe enough unlike our neighbours Newquay who are right in the muck nearly put a rude word there . The score was 2-1 to ivybridge when Josh was sent off for bringing down the ivybridge player when in on goal and Big Ben Williams went in goal 

Edited by 100%cornish
wanted to add the bit for dirty thirty about the sending off

The "G" Missing 5 key players with Sean Semmens moving, Kyle Brown a huge miss in the centre of the park but he will be back, Luke Rigby due back after Christmas, Ollie Pinnell, Tiago back soon (who has been great this season) and as mentioned Kane, the good news is there is some talented youth players coming through but time is a virtue with that. The G will be fine, obviously it will not be their best season however, there is plenty of planning going on behind the scenes so I'm sure they will be a real force next season. 

Corey Harvey couldnt be that good if Argyle and Torquay let him go hes too short for a start Jason Chapman isnt a bad keepr or Ryan Rickard at Saltash Kyle Moore is a very good keeper but not in the same class as his predessor Kevin Miller ,and yes Sean did come rushing off his line a lot but he saved the G week after week from defeat and hes still a good goalie up in Bristol now my fav goalie in the league at the moment is FALMOUTHS RYAN BARNES 

Corey Harvey was a sensation when he played at Saltash. Made some absolutely outstanding saves during his time there in games that were 'backs to the wall' and Saltash were hanging on. His ability saved many a point during that time. If a goalkeeper is released by a professional club, sometimes is due to ability but I think in Corey's case (sad to say) it's probably due to his height.