Cornwall Football Forum

SATURDAY 19TH NOVEMBER: SALTASH UNITED VS AFC ST AUSTELL

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 19:25, David Bray said:

Poor weather forecast ( rain wise ) from Thursday mid afternoon right through Friday and into Saturday.. :(

Hope the playing surface at Kimberley can absorb what's coming. Mind you the forecasters don't always get things right. 

Have you booked Big Al for the pitch inspections??

26 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Entitlement is half of a match fee plus expenses according to the FA !

I'm told by the SWPL that actually "half fee & expenses only applies if NO inspection carried out and match ref travels to the game.

If called off in morning inspection their is NO fee - and clubs can call in a local ref to reduce/avoid expenses."

1 hour ago, Willow Tree said:

It won't beat Bodmin Town 4-4 St Austell

That was a wonderful game. Total commitment from both teams gave rise to an exciting 90 minutes. Both teams were a credit to the League. I really enjoy our matches v Bodmin, both sides determined to win, played hard but fair, no quarter asked or given and then a pint together after the match. Brilliant !

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

I'm told by the SWPL that actually "half fee & expenses only applies if NO inspection carried out and match ref travels to the game.

If called off in morning inspection their is NO fee - and clubs can call in a local ref to reduce/avoid expenses."

How much would Big Al charge for a pitch inspection ? Services free of charge ?

21 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I think last season's 5-3 win for Bodmin at St Austell will take some beating.

St Austell looking good with I think a 3-1 lead and then with a red card, press the self-destruct button and in front of a crowd of 606 Bodmin end up pretty much comfortable winners! 

Was a walk in the park Dave, remember Gilby lighting a Cigar with his feet up in the dugout, gave them a head start as well!!

3 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Entitlement is half of a match fee plus expenses according to the FA !

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

As Dave said referees are entitled to reasonable expenses for inspection only, if they travel to the game for normal time (an hour before KO) they are entitled to 1/2 fee plus mileage but most only take mileage in my experience.

Said last week that the Ashes were looking good and predicted a decent win for them today but didn't expect 4 goals. Still way to soon to write any of top 6 off - but any team wanting to win will have to beat Ashes. 

As an aside Saltash must be paying more than most - their strike force won't come cheap???

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Said last week that the Ashes were looking good and predicted a decent win for them today but didn't expect 4 goals. Still way to soon to write any of top 6 off - but any team wanting to win will have to beat Ashes. 

As an aside Saltash must be paying more than most - their strike force won't come cheap???

Too right Bobjfh, there isn't another club in Cornwall who could afford the money the Saltash United's strikers are on. That's why they will stay at Saltash.