Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Tavistock 25/11

2-1 to Tavistock here at present, it should be at least 6! Opted for the tea hut at half time tonight instead of the bar & my favourite Gin & Peach Snapps. Farcical start to match, St.Blazey keeper arriving late & the game starting nearly 10 minutes late to let him get ready, like Pub football stuff. Very accommodating of Tavistock as well! 

Well its taken me nearly 12 hours to warm my hands, blooming freezing watching this fixture last night. The result ended St.Blazey 2-6 Tavistock, in what was an eerie Blaise Park atmosphere. Poor attendance ( in comparison to St.Blazey's usual good following over recent years.) Tavistock had enough chances to score even more & would not of flattered them if they had reached 10 last night. St.Blazey without doubt will be relegated, I was told last night majority of their signings were from clubs struggling in the division below, how do you expect these lads to compete? The manager has one win from 8 matches, & in the tea ladys own words its a complete  'mismatch',  should think if Mr. Carey saw this side to what he had built last season he would be extremley demoralized withoubt doubt. Nice to see the usual old faces trying to steady a rapidly sinking or in most eyes already sunken ship! Now I am trying find my longjohns ready for my trip to Launceston today in the cup, another battle with the cold i am sure!

18 defeats on the trot I've watched. 

Add to that the two defeats in 4 days at Home Park and not a single goal it's been another great week of football I've watched. :wacko:

Oh well......onwards and upwards. Home Park again next Saturday in the F.A. cup. After today's awful result at Morcambe we need to win that one. 

You might miss out on a Promotion & suffer a Relegation Paul with both your clubs? I went to watch on Friday evening, my god, how has it got so bad there? Most if not all of the players would not make the 'Dog & Duck' side on a Sunday. Woeful defending, & for 85 minutes it was Men against Boys. Takes a true fan (or depressant!) to watch a side lose 18 in a row & still return the following week. How do you think you'd fair in the West Division with your current crop of playing staff? :(

7 hours ago, leedsunited said:

You might miss out on a Promotion & suffer a Relegation Paul with both your clubs? I went to watch on Friday evening, my god, how has it got so bad there? Most if not all of the players would not make the 'Dog & Duck' side on a Sunday. Woeful defending, & for 85 minutes it was Men against Boys. Takes a true fan (or depressant!) to watch a side lose 18 in a row & still return the following week. How do you think you'd fair in the West Division with your current crop of playing staff? :(

If we went down and kept the same group we would still finish in the bottom third. I can't believe the standard is that much worse. 

No game next week. Then we're away to Ivybridge. A must win if ever there was one. Followed by Torpoint away and St Austell away. We finish the year at home on the Friday before NYE. Our fate could almost be sealed in a way before the new year. :wacko:

Hopefully Argyle put Newport to bed and then there's trips to Barnet and a third round tie, plus a mid weeker at Yeovil to look forward to.

Fingers crossed Argyle turn this around quick. 

On 28/11/2016 at 00:27, Paul said:

If we went down and kept the same group we would still finish in the bottom third. I can't believe the standard is that much worse. 

No game next week. Then we're away to Ivybridge. A must win if ever there was one. Followed by Torpoint away and St Austell away. We finish the year at home on the Friday before NYE. Our fate could almost be sealed in a way before the new year. :wacko:

Hopefully Argyle put Newport to bed and then there's trips to Barnet and a third round tie, plus a mid weeker at Yeovil to look forward to.

Fingers crossed Argyle turn this around quick. 

Worrying times for your teams in Green Paul!  Take the rough with the smooth, what are Newport County like nowadays? Remember them being half decent in early 80's. It must be a real dagger to the chest for so many down at Blaise Park, I have seen them now maybe 3/4 times & every  week the amount of goals they seem to concede must be difficult to digest for you as a supporter. Also for an avid supporter like yourself to say the current playing staff would finish bottom third in the league below might explain why there is a real lack of optimism around there at present, & hence the very poor attendance for a Friday fixture, even the tea lady was downbeat which is never a good sign!