Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Plymouth Parkway

Saw them up Newquay today boarding up the goals lol before the match tmmrw 1 of the best footballing teams come to Mt Wise Plymouth Parkway are a lovely team to watch and even without the Landricombe lads they are still a hell of a good team looking forward to this team hoping to get up there to see this match . I said on my prediction Parkway would win 12 -0 i think this is a bit silly score so i think Parkway will only get 10 Newquay will have there 3 new signings in Trevaskis ,O shaunessey and James Greet in ther team but with the defence they have got Parkway should have a field day i will predict Mike Smith for Parkway a hat trick , Look out for Newquay goalie Joe Crane walking bent over after the match think he will have a sore back from getting the ball out of the net .Hope Corey Harvey plays in goal for Parkway hes a good goalie but a short arse so they may play Dean Smith .I have been given  the all clear of Prostate cancer today after having double radiotherapy wasnt pleasant but good news at the end . So come along to Mt Wise and watch David vs Golitha who Knows Newquay may shock us all hang on a flying pig has just passed my window . Get behind Newquay and give them a shout me and Smokie dog look forward to seeing you all up there i think will be taking lots of photos tmmrw to put in my album mostly of Parkway i think 

100% - first thing is congrats on the prostate and hopefully remission to continue.. Like you I have doubts that Newquay can repel any attack force, let alone Parkway who when on form can crucify any team.. Really hope Newquay start to perform but scared about result tomorrow for them..

Ok GODFATHER  i hardly ever have anything negative to say against the G because they ae usually that good but i have my opinion and the G have missed goalie Sean Semmens ,and its shown and didnt i say Newquay played well the 1st half the other then fell apart in the 2nd half . I try not to be biased with what i right but if my team G play crap i say they play crap not they where unlucky or the ref was biased or Tania was shouting enough and theres not a lot i can say about Newquay they have just been abyssmal but i expect they will go and play like champions tmmrw it upsets me that Newquay are doing so bad because i have been watching them over 50 years and before me my dad and grandad both had ties with the club Thanks Bobjfh about the prostate hope it goes away this time and doesnt come back like it did this time . 1 Last reply Smokie enjoys going to football  Godfather and he has his long walk in the morning so we walk up the hill or drive to the G TO SUPPORT OUR LOCAL TEAMS .Good luck to the G at Falmouth tmmrw they will have to be at there best to beat my fav goalie Ryan Barnes reason hes my fav he used to play in the Perranporth team with my son and If Newquay can keep the score below 10 they will have done well .Ok footy fans night to you all and enjoy whatever match u r watching this weekend 

just got in from mt wise and a 5-1 win to Plymouth Parkway but could of been a lot more if they had  took there chances Kelvin fyneboy who scored twice and and should of scored a hatrick but slipped when 1 on 1 with the Newquay goalie and then seemed to have ages sitting down with the ball and still had time to pick out a playerwith Newquay too slow to get the ball off him .Newquay played quite well and Jack Bray evans when he was one on one with corey Harvey and his tame shot was easily saved when he should of scored , It was surprising seeing Danny O Hagan playing at centre half like i said he should and he was man of the match for Newquay but Jack Bray Evans had a fine goal and scored the Newquay goal .Parkway played some outstanding football and Danny Lewis never seems to have a poor game but my man of the match is easy for Parkway its the no3 Callum Thompson who was outstanding and even managed to score even though Joe Crane should never of been beaten at his near post , Steve Colwell scored fom the spot when O Hagan fouled him looked a clear pen .A lot better display but if  Parkway had taken all there chances it would of been 12 but Mike Smith guilty of so many misses  Well done Newquay for playing a lot better but Parkway are a class act and are a lovely team to watch and even on the bench they had good players in Paul Heveren and Jordan Trott who has been out injured for a long time  .Would love to see my home team survive relegation but looks like they are doomed . Smokie enjoyed the match as well is this ok for you Godfather Newquay played well but when the pen went in there heads just  dropped but they played so much better 

Newquay did play a lot better today and with the score on 2 to 1 , Newquay should have been awarded a penalty that

was waived away by what can only be discribed as a poor dicision by the referee,Parkway then broke away and scored a 

hotly disputed penalty, which even the Parkway players saidi was not a penalty and yes you are right 100%  to say Parkway 

deserved to win but a poor official spoilt what up to then had been a good game.

When your down everything seems to go against you but I dould not fault Newquay players for the effort they put in.

Onwards and upwards hopefully.

Watched the game today and agree with bits of 100% Cornish and Bazzers comments. No doubt about it Parkway are a top side and create chance after chance. Thought the evergreen Danny OHagan was excellent at the back for Newquay, still a lot to offer even at 41? Especially in that position, could have another few seasons. Jack Bray-Evans was impressive and Callum McOnie caused plenty of problems for Parkway when he came on. Agree with Bazzer, Newquay were pushing for an equaliser at 2-1 with ten minutes to go and young Jack Rapsey was definitely wiped out for a stonewall penalty not given then 30 seconds later Parkway get one at the other end after what I thought was a clean strong tackle by OHagan that took man and ball. Usually quite like referee Steve Annis? but he killed it for Newquay with those decisions. Couple late goals put gloss on it for Parkway after the stuffing was knocked out the young Newquay side. What happens when you're stuck at the bottom but they didn't get any rub of the green today. Dave Ball, Mark Rapsey and Dominic Evans all there watching their boys play, how Newquay could have done with 3 players of their ilk out there today! Hope Newquay keep the faith, still plenty of points to play for yet. Great win for Sticker up in Devon today as well.

People should stop blaming referees all the time would they like to do the job dont think so thought the ref did ok but it wasnt a pen it was right in front of me Danny got the ball farely but he did follow though after the tackle so it may of been given for that. I  see in the Sunday Independant Joe Crane was given man of the match thought Callum Thompson should of got it on 1 run he beat nearly the whole Newquay team and he did score as well but Joe Crane should of sved that after another run not bad for a defender .Got talking to some nice Parkway supporters and they where telling me how much it cost to put that Parkway team on the pitch also it was nice to see Rappo up there and SMOKIE enjoys seeing him . Well done again Newquay glad Tony McKellar took my advice and put  Danny O Hagan in Defence 

Top two in Div.1 East are Newton Abbot Spurs who have been in the Prem.Div.previously and Crediton United who have Premier Div. facilities so I am sure there will be a promoted club from the East .

I am afraid It looks gloomy for Newquay and St.Blazey.

Another slight reprieve for one club will be if a SWPL club applies for Western League Prem. as there are no Devon clubs in the Western League relegation zone there wont be any to drop into the SWPL Prem.

We are nearly into December and I believe  the 31st.December is the deadline for applying to join the Western League Prem. so is there any news coming out of the camps of the usual suspects Bodmin.St.Austell or Parkway? or perhaps Saltash,Argyle and Tavistock ?--I cant see Tiverton Reserves being in the equation as their first team would be  only one level above.

Still early days and many hypotheticals.  Including will Sticker both finish above Elburton AND get the ground grading & planning permission?  In which case I'd guess both Newquay and St Blazey relegated (barring miraculous turn-arounds) and, if so, into the West division with either Elburton or Plymstock (yet again) or maybe Marjon transferring to the East to equalise the numbers - but this also depends on promotion from the East, if any, and whether any clubs in feeder-leagues to both West and East can qualify.  This then affects relegation from the West, in particular, with Vospers and/or Penzance hoping the numbers game works in their favour. But still more than half a season to go! 

PS according to SWPL website the deadline for applications for promotion from Division 1 to Premier is end of January - more will be revealed at that point!

1 hour ago, Bazzer said:

You will never see Bodmin or St Austell taking promotion they like to be big fishes in a small pond, I think Parkway might take promotion if they qualify

Not about being big fishes in a small pond but due to simple economics and geographical location. Truro had the financial backing when they were promoted to Step 5 and onwards to cover the high transport and accommodation costs plus the increased wages that would continue to increase with further promotions. This topic will continue to arise until Step 5 is reorganised geographically more appropriately to the clubs in Cornwall and Devon. Currently the majority of clubs in the Western League Premier are based around Bristol, Bath and even into Gloucestershire. This would cause serious difficulties in part-time players getting time off work for a midweek matches located 100-150 miles away and those who may have to work on Saturday mornings  

Unfortunately at the moment it is a common sense decision for clubs in Cornwall to remain in the SWPL for the reasons that I have stated, not about being big fishes in small ponds. 

It's been mentioned before but Step 5 in this region does need reorganising - if there was a league that drew from Cornwall, Devon and then all/part of Somerset and Dorset I imagine that St.Austell would probably have taken promotion in the last 2 years, Parkway probably would have 3 years ago and maybe Bodmin would have as well.

Until there is such a change I think it's unlikely many clubs will go up even though they want to for fear of the financial consequences.