Cornwall Football Forum

Is this seasons Bodmin side as good as last year

Some players they have this year are better than what they had last year, but the general standard isn't as good this year. Milton and Ash are no doubt the better players this year, but on the whole, a poorer team this year.  Not saying they are poor, because they are still a top side, but in direct comparison to last year, poorer.

herbie777 - best of luck with that question and you'll never get a straight or reliable answer, especially from the clubs themselves. Simple fact is that all of the 'better known' players will play for who pays the most, only a very few are club men and won't be swayed by cash.

I would suspect that Saltash / Tavvy / Bodmin / Parkway and St Austell all pay the same / similar for the majority of their squad and then each team splash about a bit for key players (each team has a couple). Rumour has it that Tivvy are also big spenders this year.

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

herbie777 - best of luck with that question and you'll never get a straight or reliable answer, especially from the clubs themselves. Simple fact is that all of the 'better known' players will play for who pays the most, only a very few are club men and won't be swayed by cash.

I would suspect that Saltash / Tavvy / Bodmin / Parkway and St Austell all pay the same / similar for the majority of their squad and then each team splash about a bit for key players (each team has a couple). Rumour has it that Tivvy are also big spenders this year.

I have no idea exactly how much "the ashes" have for a budget, but to say it is the same/similar to Tavistock/Bodmin and St Austell is way off the mark.

This Bodmin team is nothing like last yeas team how could it be without Kevin Miller ,Rocky Neale ,River Allen , Tom Chambers and others you  got to give credit to this Bodmin team its been completly rebuilt and they could win the league and cups Jake Ash is class and i like the striker Hopcroft and Sullivan and the goalie is pretty good and Steve Simmonds and Adam Carter they still are a very good team 

Again this is only my opinion, more than likely get shot down. Don't think there's a mention of Sullivan. A very good player. Pity Bowker isn't still around. Someone said Milton and Ash are class. Can't agree. Both in the end might cost Bodmin the league etc. Along with Bailey they don't worry about getting sent off. If they are going to win anything surely they need a full squad at back end of the season. Not short of banned players or 2 subs and Gilbert

On 11/30/2016 at 05:02, Goldeneye said:

They don't have to be as the league is weaker!

100% disagree with that statement. Look at the Vase games. We have Torpoint doing well in a national competition and, with all due respect, are a mid table side in the SWPL. Our strongest teams, barring Bodmin, either lost a little earlier or couldn't enter at all such as Saltash (which is perhaps why their league form is so good?)

I think the SWPL is a stronger standard than Western league and even some sides above that. Look at Parkways pre season result against Bridgewater for example.

But on topic, the league table will tell you if Bodmins side are as strong as last seasons at the end of this one!