Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Wednesday Dec 7 2016

As Leedsunited has said, I tell things straight. I thought last night's game was a very boring, talentless game filled with bad fouls and bad language from both teams and benches. Sorry, I'm at an age when it was a joy 2 go and watch a good game. They days are gone. Only bright spot was friendly couple in the tea hut

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Routine win for Bodmin last night, in what at times could be described as a scrappy affair, however the amount of chances we missed was unbelievable. I usually tell things straight ( to the upset of some) but I must admit Godolphin last night were probably the worst I have ever seen them

Have to agree Godolphin were awful ..when the game was lost for them they just seem to be content on leaving the foot . 

3 hours ago, paul pearce said:

As Leedsunited has said, I tell things straight. I thought last night's game was a very boring, talentless game filled with bad fouls and bad language from both teams and benches. Sorry, I'm at an age when it was a joy 2 go and watch a good game. They days are gone. Only bright spot was friendly couple in the tea hut

Most games  are - it is time for a big rethink on local football !

2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Any idea how Big Al ? 

Me too intrigued to know what that rethink should consist of? Surely it's not just a case of restructuring the leagues so that it becomes an all Cornish affair?

Having said that, somehow we all have to start looking as if we enjoy the game. By we I mean the players, match officials, committee members, management and spectators. Quite often now I go home from a game wondering if anyone enjoyed it! 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Me too intrigued to know what that rethink should consist of? Surely it's not just a case of restructuring the leagues so that it becomes an all Cornish affair?

Having said that, somehow we all have to start looking as if we enjoy the game. By we I mean the players, match officials, committee members, management and spectators. Quite often now I go home from a game wondering if anyone enjoyed it! 

The impression I get is that many supporters like to go for a moan! Praise can be grudging when given and criticism is rarely positive.

The antics of many occupying the benches are annoying and create a poor atmosphere off the pitch whilst the actions of players, many of whom should know better, are also unhelpful.

I know it's become something of a cliche, but as a watcher of several other sports including rugby, the more friendly and inclusive ambience at those sporting occasions makes for a far more enjoyable afternoon or evening

Having also been at Bodmin I can echo the frustration of those attending.

We should always try and pick out the positives from a game but quite frankly this turned out to be a scruffy rag-tag affair with little in it's favour.

However, I don't think we should be too hasty in criticising the respective game plans and execution levels of the Bodmin and Godolphin sides.

The whole evening quickly went down hill when everyone realised we had a Referee who thought he was on Sky Sports.

I found his ridiculous posing, daft over the top decisions and utterly incompetent communication methods with both the players and management a major factor in ruining what could have been a good nights football.

There were tell tale signs early doors but the silly decision to send the Godolphin keeper off sent the game into free-fall. Bodmin never needed to go through the gears after that and despite the visitors missing a penalty and 3 accompanying sitters not many in the crowd expected Godolphin to threaten the outcome.

I found the way the official spoke to the players and alienated the benches totally disrespectful, the consultation and communication rating was zero. This resulted in niggly stop start disruptive football throughout.

When the Referee sent Bodmins Adam Kelly off for nothing more than handbags we'd gone off the radar. He even awarded Bodmin the resultant free kick which they then got another goal from? Unreal.

Hope it's a long time before I come across this official again, such a contrast to the excellent refereeing I witnessed up at Pensilva v Falmouth last Saturday.

3 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

When the Referee sent Bodmins Adam Kelly off for nothing more than handbags we'd gone off the radar. He even awarded Bodmin the resultant free kick which they then got another goal from? Unreal.

It was a bit more than handbags, and it was in retaliation for a Godolphin player's foul, so it certainly wasn't unreal that the resulting free kick was to Bodmin.

• 2 weeks later...