Dobwalls    5    Penzance    4    
Elburton Villa    4    Millbrook    2    
Holsworthy    5    St Dennis    3    
Illogan RBL    0    Sticker    2    
Plymouth Marjon    3    Penryn Athletic    0    
Plymstock United    P    Bude Town    P    Bude Town unable to field a side
Vospers Oak Villa    3    Porthleven    2    
Wendron United    1    Mousehole    2    

Witheridge must be delighted having to nip down to Godolphin, weekend before christmas! Make a weekend of it lads & stop off  in Quintrell Downs on your way home for their weekly disco & karaoke. Might even see me in there singing my special version of the early 70's classic 'Little Drummer Boy' by Bing Crosby. With it being Christmas & the season of goodwill, I wonder if the bottom two might get a win this weekend!?

Was going to go watch the G Vs Witheridge but my clutch on my car decides to go wrong on me so im upthe road to see Newquay vs Ivybridge and watch Jack Bray Evans score from the halfway line like he has in the last 2 games by all accounts ,i cant see Newquay getting much against Ivybridge i saw them earlier in the season and they are a good team and have 2 good strikers in Lee Doel and the underated Steve Sutton so Newquay i predict a 4-1 win to Ivybridge hope im wrong and good luck to the G today 

Watched a outstanding display from a fine Newquay side this afternoon they where brilliant from Joe Crane making important saves when needed Luke Whelden having having a fine game up front Jack Bray Evans playing the best i have ever seen him having some impressive runs and was brilliant but my man of the match has got to go to Danny O,Hagan who was brilliant and had the young defence so well organised and yound Dan Ball what a player hes going to be if he turns out half as good as his Dad Dave was hes going to have some future the 1st half Ivybridge had enough chances but woeful finishing and fine goal keeping from Newquay Joe Crane and Newquay going in at half time 2-0 with goalsfrom Louis Price and Luke Whelden  up and in the 2nd half dominating it with further goals  from Jack Scott after a brilliant run from Bray Evans and a lovely shot from Louis Price across goalie Dan Tecza and into the far corner . This was Newquay at there best and on this display the great Escape could be on they just need Steve Mcqueen on his motorbike and they will do it .Looking forward to the Boxing day game with the G should be a cracker Final score at Mt Wise 4-0 to a brilliant Newquay team . I would of been out watching the G playif my car had decided not to break down on the way to Truro and having to be towed back and the AA man saying your clutch is nackered nice Christmas present 

Illogan 0, Sticker 2

0 - 0 at HT. 58 mins 0 - 1 Sticker.

66 mins Dario Pisano (Illogan) sent off - wild tackle, 2nd yellow.

74 mins Sticker triple substitution after which they lost the initiative and Illogan looked like they might equalise but in added on time Sticker broke away to make it 0 - 2 against the run of play at that point. Sticker, over the 90 mins, had far more possession and attempts; Illogan defended well and their 'keeper made five or six excellent saves. Illogan guilty of losing discipline - some silly fouls - and giving the ball away far too easily - the old problem of getting caught in possession too easily (playground football, wanting to keep the ball too long, never heard of one-touch, two-touch) plus inaccurate 5 to 10 yard passes. Sticker hit the bar twice in the 2nd half - could they survive Premier football? This wasn't comparable to the old level 7 South Western League but it was a good, tense contest.

3 hours ago, CornishMaid said:

Well done to the Newquay team for today's result. Special thanks to manager, Tony McKellar, a lesser man would have given up long ago. The team played with a new confidence, conceding no goals, and scoring four. Let us hope it is only the beginning of a brighter future for the club. Well done, boys!

Congratulations to Newquay & Tony McKellar, a cracking result today. In reality 5 points going in to boxing day with one win is extremely alarming at any level & not good enough. But with St.Blazey being so poor, A straight race between Newquay & St.Blazey to see who goes through the hatch door is looking like the likely scenario. One of them is (if not both) are going to go. With St.Blazey losing again the pendulum for bottom spot looks at present to be going there way.. Feel for their manager/players, just nowhere near at the require standard.

Torpoint Athletic 2-1 St Blazey 

Att: 103

Torpoint Scorers: Lewis Young 42 pen & 48

St Blazey Scorer: Ryan Howe 92

Torpoint goals scored just either side of half time shock the visitors, but they scored a very late goal and push for a equaliser very late on. Credit to St Blazey, they never gave up and I wish them all the best for the rest of the season. I hope you pull off the great escape.

15 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Went to Falmouth today and witnessed probably the worst refereeing I have seen in many a year. Good 3 points for Parkway though. Some good football too. My man of the match was Danny Lewis. Strange how one home fan shouted out he was a donkey lol. Not many people on this planet would agree ha ha. 

Cmon Parkway.

Falmouth outclassed in every department by one of the best footballing sides i have seen for a while.

Falmouth could do with a midfield dynamo/general in the mould of Norman Ashe,George Torrance or Andy Stree of old.

Will Parkway be applying for Western League if they meet the requirements -it will be a sorry loss if they do.

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Falmouth outclassed in every department by one of the best footballing sides i have seen for a while.

Falmouth could do with a midfield dynamo/general in the mould of Norman Ashe,George Torrance or Andy Stree of old.

Will Parkway be applying for Western League if they meet the requirements -it will be a sorry loss if they do.

Did Falmouth have a full strength side or half a team as normal ?

3 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Yes Mike , Parkway will take promotion.  To be honest I thought Falmouth did have several goid chances yesterday. Good even.

Also at the Falmouth v Parkway game.

Bickland Park is still a charismatic non league ground for me and that Main Stand provides an excellent view of the match.

Thought the Plymouth side pretty much bossed the game with some truly sublime passages of play. 0-3 at half time summed it up perfectly.

Falmouth stuck at it and created more than a few good chances but they were up against a good SWPL side who have some very good players in the ranks.

Things got a bit scrappy second half and the chill drifted in. 2 hot drinks and an emergency sandwich from home just about made the 90 minutes bearable, to be honest the result was done and dusted after half an hour or so.

The hard working guy in the club car park doing a full-on jet wash for punters cars was doing a roaring trade. He was even doing spectators cars and hand delivering the keys back to the owners in the ground. That's what you call enterprise. The spray was pluming above the social club end all afternoon.

I have noted that a few people have questioned the refereeing standard for the game (on here & twitter etc). Must agree that the game contained a fair proportion of utterly-bonkers refereeing decisions but when you realise that the Ref was Nigel D'Arcy it comes as no surprise. 'Nige' is probably a thoroughly decent chap but we all have our views on football games and some of Nigel's don't quite fit the same criteria as mine. Of course, he is quite rightly the official in charge and I am purely a spectator and that is the be all and end all but he doesn't half wind people up. Lets remember (for those with an interest) it was Nigel that trashed the Bodmin v Godolphin cup game a couple of weeks ago.

I will say he did get a good few decisions correct (but there was still an awful lot that were completely mystifying). Just think of him as part of the 5 quid entertainment, keeps the blood pressure down. He's good fun if you attend as a neutral.

All in all an impressive Parkway victory, bit scrappy but they'll be glad of the 3 points. Despite what some say I reckon they will definitely be in the mix when the final furlong post comes into view.

Enjoyed a good nights entertainment amidst the bright lights of Falmouth following the game (hence the late report).

Dobwalls 5 Penzance 4

I decided to call in to Dobwalls as I was passing through and certainly got my moneys worth. The home team were awful in the first half and Penzance took advantage of their lacklustre performance by helping themselves to 3 uncontested goals.

Whatever was said at halftime the hosts looked a different team after the break.Midway through the second half Dobwalls scored twice to put the visitors on the back foot.

A long range shot was only parried into the goal to level the scores and two further goals looked to have won the game for Dobwalls. With time running out the referee awarded Penzance a penalty to reduce the arrears. He was later heard to say that he had got it wrong which is unusual for a referee.

All in all the game was played in good spirit although things got tense towards the end as you would expect but the official handled it well.

I think that was a pretty good summary of the game. We were truly awful in the first half and after a few home truths were said at half time we completely turned things around. To be fair to the referee he did admit to making a mistake for the late penalty but was big enough to say that after the game. At least we were in a Christmas mood giving 3 presents to Penzance in the first half !