Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL fixtures for Friday December 30 2016

You'd of thought I have seen enough of Camelford last few days but the wife was watching some old Western on the box (reminds her of her days of living in St.Austell in the 90's!) So I ventured down to sip a mulled wine.....well what can I say, boy Hopkinson stole the show, St.Blazey looking beat, even in their warm up. Terrible defending & lacking a willingness to even compete. Sad to say but their players are so far out of their depth. But a good display from Reg's guys. 

Have to agree with Leeds, St Blazey looked a beaten side from the start. Camelford stormed into a 5-0 lead but two late St Blazey goals made it a more respectable scoreline.

St Blazey: 84m, 86m

Camelford: 13m, 44m, 45m, 48m, 58m

If you hadn't been at the St Blazey v Camelford match tonight and just saw the scoreline of 5-2 to the Camels, you may be mistaken into thinking that St Blazey could at least take something away from the game and only lost by 3 goals against a Camels team on a good spell.

But you would be wrong - Camels were 5-0 within the hour and basically switched off, squandering a handful of very good chances and could very easily have gone to double figures against, sad to say, a St Blazey team who will struggle in SWPL (West) next season. Camels gifted St Blazey two late goals, the first by Simms that was a decent finish - he actually had a semi decent game.. Simple fact is that St Blazey do not have anywhere near enough quality in their squad to compete at this level.

Camelford have now settled on a working set up and Bobby Hopkinson playing up front with four County U18 players behind him (Hambly, Harrison, Penrose and Adkins) which is showing great promise with pace, tenacity and technical ability. Camelford are also looking stronger in defence (except the two very soft ones tonight) - a good finish to 2016 for them.

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Have you got the line up Willow as I hardly recognised any (If Any) of the Blazey Side. So very poor 

Sorry Leeds I haven't. I didn't recognise any of the names let alone the players.