Vospers Oak Villa

Holsworthy

WALTER C PARSON FUNERAL DIRECTORS CUP

Third Round

Sticker

Exmouth Town

aet (1-1 after 90 minutes)

Sticker 1-2 Exmouth Town (aet)

Brave Sticker fought to the end and at times more than held their own against Premier Division side Exmouth. The home side can hold their heads up after an entertaining game. Exmouth bossed extra time and it took a penalty six minutes from the end of the game to progress.

Sticker took the lead after 25 minutes which was cancelled out after 44 minutes. Both teams went close but the Devon side went through.

Great win for Helston through against Saltash!

Yes hard luck on Sticker, smashing club, I have a number of long time friends and acquaintances there. The club has made great strides since I played against them in the late 60s and early 70s for Trethowel and Mevagissey. They will be an asset in the Premier Division next season and will probably play St Austell in the Bank Holiday derbies. 

Great result and performance by St Austell today v Tavistock. 3-1 win, scorers were Chambers, Prynn and Goldsworthy, Hobbs for Tavy. Another good attendance - 275. 

With Tavy and Saltash losing, Bodmin only able to get a draw the top of the League has opened up, all chasing Saltash who may start to feel some pressure after an unexpected defeat. 

Just a quick thing for any views - Jake Ash scored two goals for Bodmin today - yet last weekend he was knocked unconscious in the game v Camels (he was out cold for a good couple of minutes). I know there is no way a player like Jake would want to miss a game, espicially an important one like today's - but surely there has to be health concerns?? In rugby there would be an automatic 3 week rest and full medical check up. It's all well and good for the player to say he is fine but surely clubs have got to stand up and insist on player safety?  Just a view. 

17 minutes ago, midlandlilywhite said:

Yes hard luck on Sticker, smashing club, I have a number of long time friends and acquaintances there. The club has made great strides since I played against them in the late 60s and early 70s for Trethowel and Mevagissey. They will be an asset in the Premier Division next season and will probably play St Austell in the Bank Holiday derbies. 

Great result and performance by St Austell today v Tavistock. 3-1 win, scorers were Chambers, Prynn and Goldsworthy, Hobbs for Tavy. Another good attendance - 275. 

With Tavy and Saltash losing, Bodmin only able to get a draw the top of the League has opened up, all chasing Saltash who may start to feel some pressure after an unexpected defeat. 

Tiverton best side over 90 minutes at Priory Park today Midlandlilywhite, echo your comments about the race being wide open, at 2-0 down at half time, we would of took a point. As I have said previous, Tiverton are a good side. With both Tavistock & Saltash losing today Its certainly helped the chasing pack. Very sad for Sticker today, lovely club & will rightfully get their place in the top flight next season.

Went to Poltair Park for what promised to be Match of the Day in the Premier Division.

Never quite lived up to expectations.

Tavistock started well against a nervous looking home side and deservedly took a 1-0 lead. Sat behind some celebrating Tavistock supporters in the stand I was amused to hear them predicting how many they would win by? 0-3 seemed the most popular choice but one chap was convinced they'd get four?

Their 15 minutes of fame soon elapsed.

St Austell dragged themselves back into the match and got a well deserved equaliser. We got a few more chances at either end but the general feeling about the first half was one of a slightly disjointed stalemate. There was the odd passage of quality football but too often we seemed to be watching a war of attrition.

The second half witnessed a much more determined St Austell performance. They were winning the second balls and hunting down chances. Tavistock looked hurried and never quite got the end-ball going, such a shame to see Hobbs starved of possession although you have to credit the St Austell defence, despite bouncing off him a few times they had him pretty much under control today.

The home side took their opportunities very well indeed and seemed to be coasting for the last 15 minutes, 3-1 was probably a fair representation of events.

This isn't an easy place to come to, what happened to Tavistock today is testament to that. St Austell have had a 6 point festive break and will be straining at the leash to hunt down the pack. On this gritty showing they will prove stern opposition indeed.

Its passionate support at Poltair Park but I do wish the home favourites would tone down playing to the audience a bit. Some of the theatricals today reminded me more of one of those silly games on the TV with players flopping on the floor every five minutes. I've seen St Austell 3 times this season and its a recurring pattern. They are a decent football side and they don't need to employ those tactics. Be nice if they cut it out and just got on with the game. Fortunately we had the excellent Chris Rea refereeing the game today and he was having none of it, well done Sir.

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Just a quick thing for any views - Jake Ash scored two goals for Bodmin today - yet last weekend he was knocked unconscious in the game v Camels (he was out cold for a good couple of minutes). I know there is no way a player like Jake would want to miss a game, espicially an important one like today's - but surely there has to be health concerns?? In rugby there would be an automatic 3 week rest and full medical check up. It's all well and good for the player to say he is fine but surely clubs have got to stand up and insist on player safety?  Just a view. 

Maybe he has been to the Dr and given the all clear and the club were happy with that.

FA Directive

If concussion is confirmed, the player should rest for 19 days, 23 days if the player is under 19.

With Bodmin being one of Cornwall's premier clubs, I'm sure that all the correct procedures were followed and the player was not concussed.

11 hours ago, St John said:

FA Directive

If concussion is confirmed, the player should rest for 19 days, 23 days if the player is under 19.

With Bodmin being one of Cornwall's premier clubs, I'm sure that all the correct procedures were followed and the player was not concussed.

Not being a doctor - but I do know that you can get mild concussion without being knocked out, however when knocked completely out you do suffer concussion - as a temporary loss of brain function. Jake was unconscious and after the match was still very unsteady. Do local clubs actually follow the procedure or is it only used a pro level?

Well, that looks like concussion to me and he shouldn't be playing. There are well documented cases about players being knocked out and suffering fatal consequences from a second impact days later. This is a very serious issue and should be acted on accordingly. Over to the Bodmin hierarchy who follow this forum, if you please.