Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL(P)-Helston Athletic 2--Falmouth Town 7

Where did that result come from ? Falmouth having lost their last 5 league games

waiting on goalscorers (i know former strike Matt Drummond netted 2 for the Blues) and any eye witness accounts.

Great response Andy Westgarth-I t could be Falmouth's best ever away win in their SWPL history (I remember a 7-3 at Ivybridge)

Falmouth Town scorers   Ollie Walker 2, Jordan Annear 3, Tom Annear 1, and Rob Wearne penalty.

Really good game from Town just shows what they can do,

nice end to Christmas...... Thanks

ex Falmouth and Helston player Nigel Thwaites voted man of the match to Falmouth`s Ollie Walker

Edited by noahc

5 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Where did that result come from ? Falmouth having lost their last 5 league games

waiting on goalscorers (i know former strike Matt Drummond netted 2 for the Blues) and any eye witness accounts.

Great response Andy Westgarth-I t could be Falmouth's best ever away win in their SWPL history (I remember a 7-3 at Ivybridge)

Correction Falmouth won 8-0 (Drummond 5) at Bovey Tracey 2012-sorry  to build you up Andy

03min...0--1 Ollie Walker (First club goal)

27min..0--2  Jordan Annear (H)

35min..1--2 Matt Drummond

41min..1-3 Rob Wearne (Pen)

57min..1-4 Tom annear (First club goal)

63min..1--5 Jordan Annear

75min..2--5 Matt Drummond

78min..2--6  Ollie Walker

80min..2--7 Jordan Annear (First club hat trick)

87min..Red Card Matt Buchan

Tale of two County Youth players

elston Ath 2, Falmouth Town 7

TEENAGE winger Ollie Walker produced a splendid individual display as Falmouth tore apart their local rivals in this SWPL Premier goal feast at Kellaway Park on Boxing Day.

The county youth player scored his first goals for the senior team and set up two more, while Jordan Annear notched his first hat-trick for the club as they ran riot in the sunshine.

Helston's miserable day was sealed by the sending off of Mattie Buchan for an off-the-ball incident involving Ed Timmons late in the match.

With the next County Youth fixture dated for 21st.January v Sussex--How does the sending off of Matt Buchan affect Cornwall if he is suspended? (looks like a 3 match ban)

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Tale of two County Youth players

elston Ath 2, Falmouth Town 7

TEENAGE winger Ollie Walker produced a splendid individual display as Falmouth tore apart their local rivals in this SWPL Premier goal feast at Kellaway Park on Boxing Day.

The county youth player scored his first goals for the senior team and set up two more, while Jordan Annear notched his first hat-trick for the club as they ran riot in the sunshine.

Helston's miserable day was sealed by the sending off of Mattie Buchan for an off-the-ball incident involving Ed Timmons late in the match.

With the next County Youth fixture dated for 21st.January v Sussex--How does the sending off of Matt Buchan affect Cornwall if he is suspended? (looks like a 3 match ban)

At the end of last season I said that he should be included always in the team. He is very talented and if he continues to have to sit on the bench he will move on - common sense !

Did he start yesterday ?