Cornwall Football Forum

Conceding 100+ league goals in a season

Both clubs steeped in tradition & history. A great shame to see both of these clubs down there struggling. But in reality, up to now neither are up to the required standard. Newquay do have 2/3 games in hand & I think I saw majority of Home fixtures left  but still a lot of hard work ahead to achieve survival, maybe their only hope is if only one side does get relegated. As for St.Blazey,  I fear for them as a club as with no local players at all in their set up, relegation would need a whole new re-building process & with the team they currently have down there in mine (&  lot of others opinion) not being able to finish in the top 10 in the current league below, I feel they are in Real Real trouble. Is there anyone out there who can do what Alan Carey did last season & save either of these two clubs?

5 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Newquay for the first time since the start of The SWL in 1951 are at present on 108-their previous worst was 87 in 2011-12

St.Blazey have now conceded 101 with their only ever three figure against record being 102 conceded in 2001-02

Sadly these two major Cornish clubs look like relegation this season

I hope I haven't read this wrong but Newquay's previous worst goals against was 98 in 2015/16 (In 2011/12 they won Division 1 West)

St Blazey's worst goals against is 112 in 1974/75 (In 2001/02 their points total was 102)

14 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

I hope I haven't read this wrong but Newquay's previous worst goals against was 98 in 2015/16 (In 2011/12 they won Division 1 West)

St Blazey's worst goals against is 112 in 1974/75 (In 2001/02 their points total was 102)

Mike started on the Prosecco a bit early ?

I once managed a djm under 11 team who conceded 100 goals in six games the worst defeat in that run being 26-1. we actually finished the season with a record of played 18 lost 18 goals scored 9 goals against 227 the plymouth herald ran a story about the team. Needless to say I resigned at the end of the season lol