Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & FA Vase fixtures for Saturday January 7 2017

Don't forget to add your result, post-match comments and goalscorers

Saturday January 7 (3 pm unless otherwise stated)

THE BUILDBASE FA VASE

Fourth Round Proper

Exmouth Town

Corinthian

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

Premier Division

Camelford

P

Cullompton Rangers

P

Falmouth Town

Witheridge

Godolphin Atlantic

Tavistock

Ivybridge Town

Plymouth Argyle Reserves

Plymouth Parkway

St Austell

Saltash United

Bodmin Town

St Blazey

Launceston

Tiverton Town Reserves

Helston Athletic

Torpoint Athletic

Callington Town

Division One (East)

Alphington

Budleigh Salterton

Axminster Town

Sidmouth Town

Galmpton United

Appledore

Liverton United

Newton Abbot Spurs

Stoke Gabriel

Exwick Villa

Teignmouth

University of Exeter

Torridgeside

Brixham

Totnes & Dartington

Bovey Tracey

Division One (West)

Bude Town

Porthleven

Dobwalls

Illogan RBL

Mousehole

St Dennis

Plymouth Marjon

Vospers Oak Villa

Plymstock United

Millbrook

Sticker

Penryn Athletic

Wadebridge Town

Elburton Villa

Wendron United

Liskeard Athletic

Plymouth Parkway (2) 4 St Austell (1) 5

This must have been one hell of a game, one of the best games of the season. A draw at Parkway is a good result for a visiting team but to come back from 2-1 behind and win 5-4 was an amazing performance from the Lillywhites, perhaps Giler's red card really wound up the boys and the ten men were inspired. With Saltash and Bodmin sharing the spoils, Tavy coming back from 2-0 down to win 4-2, the title race is really wide open and moving to an exciting end of the season, makes a change from the two horse races of recent seasons. 

St Austell scorers were Goldsworthy 3 ( 1 pen), Watts an incredible 50 yard free kick near the half way line which caught the keeper off his line and Eddy. Apologies I don't know the Parkway scorers which were not given on the tweets. 

Does anybody know the attendance ? Congratulations to both teams on a fantastic match. 

Finally congratulations to Exmouth on their superb 4-0 FA Vase win v Corinthian

Parkway very guilty of missing early chances and then the footballing team began to dictate as the game went on.  The substitutions for Saint Austell changed the game during the second half and somehow going down to 10 men appeared to make everybody work that much harder. Onwards and upwards for  The Lillywhites as now they can set their sights on silverware after a fantastic recent run. Credit goes to  Parkways Danny Lewis for filling in at centre half with a workmanlike display. And for  Austells substitute Harry Evans for a fantastic second-half performance

20 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

Parkway very guilty of missing early chances and then the footballing team began to dictate as the game went on.  The substitutions for Saint Austell changed the game during the second half and somehow going down to 10 men appeared to make everybody work that much harder. Onwards and upwards for  The Lillywhites as now they can set their sights on silverware after a fantastic recent run. Credit goes to  Parkways Danny Lewis for filling in at centre half with a workmanlike display. And for  Austells substitute Harry Evans for a fantastic second-half performance

By 'footballing team' do you mean playing the conditions better by going long and playing on the break? Good St Austell tactics I thought. Young Evans certainly made an impact at half time and bailed out the St Austell defensive midfield where they were completely over-run and devoid of any quality in the first half. 

Parkway might have the quality but apart from a select few, I'm not sure about their passion and desire. 

Great game for the neutral!

1 hour ago, midlandlilywhite said:

Plymouth Parkway (2) 4 St Austell (1) 5

This must have been one hell of a game, one of the best games of the season. A draw at Parkway is a good result for a visiting team but to come back from 2-1 behind and win 5-4 was an amazing performance from the Lillywhites, perhaps Giler's red card really wound up the boys and the ten men were inspired. With Saltash and Bodmin sharing the spoils, Tavy coming back from 2-0 down to win 4-2, the title race is really wide open and moving to an exciting end of the season, makes a change from the two horse races of recent seasons. 

St Austell scorers were Goldsworthy 3 ( 1 pen), Watts an incredible 50 yard free kick near the half way line which caught the keeper off his line and Eddy. Apologies I don't know the Parkway scorers which were not given on the tweets. 

Does anybody know the attendance ? Congratulations to both teams on a fantastic match. 

Finally congratulations to Exmouth on their superb 4-0 FA Vase win v Corinthian

Mr Hiscox has informed me the attendance was 218 and it was one of the best matches he has seen. I suppose the attendance was lower due to so many Argyle fans travelling up to Liverpool 

Was at the big Saltash v Bodmin clash.

Possibly the biggest game of the season to date (and what an enthralling season its turning into).

Think everyone from both clubs was looking forward to a really good game today. Unfortunately nobody told the Referee who brought along a totally separate agenda.

Endless whistle blowing for the slightest reason with almost everyone on the pitch getting booked and... (you guessed it) a token sending off to ruin the match completely.

Looking back on the game it wasn't that dirty a game, players got frustrated with the Refs decisions and push came to shove, a lack of control brought about a lack of respect.

Bodmin went down to 10 men before half time and with it went any reasonable chance of victory (not to mention the entertainment factor for the neutral).

Saltash held their own but failed to stamp real authority on the game. Too often it was hoof and chase when they could have tactically capitalised on superior numbers.

Most of the possession (even with 10 men) was from the visitors and they looked the better of the two sides on the day. 

Bodmin really did get a raw deal from the Referee today. Despite the difficulties they still produced a hard working performance and created some genuine chances. After the sending off their primary objective was not to suffer defeat, credit to them that they achieved this.

Saltash maintain the top spot but they had a clear cut chance to finish off a serious competitor today, whilst they played well in patches they may come to regret not being a bit more expansive against 10 man opposition, they lacked confidence and quality on the ball. Bodmin live on to fight another day (just).

On a final note it was uncomfortable and completely out of order that some of the Saltash crowd in the stand chose to target explicit derogatory abuse against a Bodmin player in the second half. I heard some very unsavoury remarks and a lot of other people commented upon it. It has no place in a football ground or any other environment for that matter. Disgraceful in this day and age.

I agree, this wasn't a dirty game at all, considering that both teams are supposedly title contenders I thought the game as a whole was a dull affair. I think if both teams were still playing now it'll be goalless. Neither keeper really had much to do. As for Bodmin getting a raw deal off the referee, If they learn to curb the dissent, the ref would've kept his cards in his pocket & Bodmin finish with 11 men on the pitch. In fact with all the whinging & dissent coming from Bodmin the ref done well not to show more cards. I will also agree the abuse 1 of the Bodmin players got was out of order

Torpoint Ath 6-0 Callington Town 

Att: 104

Torpoint scorers

OG , Lewis Young x2, Jason Vincent x2 and Ryan Swain X1 

Great team performance after two defeats. Cornwall Senior Cup next week at Carharrack. This should be a good cup tie as they are top of the Cornwall Combination League. We are taking a coach and it is only £10 return. We are taking 20 plus already.

I went to watch Saltash v Bodmin yesterday as well ( Watched their last two home matches now and I think for £5 I've been royally entertained )

I would say that Mr Krugg was spot on with his analysis of the football played but have to agree with The Boy on the refereeing performance. Never seen a side whinge as much as Bodmin did yesterday. From the big centre back right through to the ginger No 7 ( who is a real handful and played well ) they didn't give the ref a minutes peace.

If they did get on the wrong end of a lot of borderline decisions then it was understandable as if the ref was half as fed up of hearing it as I was then it's going to affect his judgement.

Some good players on show but against Tiverton ,Saltash had a midfielder ( No 6 ) who was outstanding. He was missing yesterday and I think if he'd have played the outcome may have been different

Mr Gilbert responded to the barracking by blowing the home fans a kiss and wishing them a merry xmas.

I didn't hear anything directed to anyone that was untoward - Bodmin No 6 exchanged a bit of banter with the crowd but it was all done in good humour - not saying it didn't happen, just that I didn't hear it

Delighted with the point, playing away at the league leaders with only 10 men for over 45 mins is a result most would take. Could of gone either way, but delighted with a point. Tavistock still keeping on the pressure with a late drubbing of Godolphin, St.Austell also pegging back Parkway still leaves it open at the top. Not so enthralling at the bottom, St.Blazey losing again, infront of only a handful of people shows how disgruntled the supporters really are down there, I nipped in for a Baileys & Cherryade on way home from Saltash & the club was like a morgue, dissapointed, disillusioned, down & embarrassing is what Big Malcolm said as I walked in, just not good enough. Senior Cup for us next weekend, home two big spending St.Austell, a tough fixture for both sides.

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Delighted with the point, playing away at the league leaders with only 10 men for over 45 mins is a result most would take. Could of gone either way, but delighted with a point. Tavistock still keeping on the pressure with a late drubbing of Godolphin, St.Austell also pegging back Parkway still leaves it open at the top. Not so enthralling at the bottom, St.Blazey losing again, infront of only a handful of people shows how disgruntled the supporters really are down there, I nipped in for a Baileys & Cherryade on way home from Saltash & the club was like a morgue, dissapointed, disillusioned, down & embarrassing is what Big Malcolm said as I walked in, just not good enough. Senior Cup for us next weekend, home two big spending St.Austell, a tough fixture for both sides.

One has to applaud Darren Gilbert for fielding a side on a £5, a pasty and a pint of bitter per player. How does he do it?   

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 17:55, rocky170267 said:

Rock , are you suggesting Plymouth Parkway are not a footballing team ? A bit harsh if you are.  Is that sour grapes as your lad could not get in their starting 11 maybe ?

4 hours ago, TURNIP TED said:

Rock , are you suggesting Plymouth Parkway are not a footballing team ? A bit harsh if you are.  Is that sour grapes as your lad could not get in their starting 11 maybe ?

My comment was actually made as a Parkway fan and at no time have I mentioned my son.  All I will say is that when Saint Austell did eventually get the ball from the SKY they played the better football. Hence the scoreline at the final whistle I think. PLAN B and a Variation needed at times I feel