Cornwall Football Forum

14 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

The last I heard, which was within the last few days, was that there was no reason for Parkway to change their mind. From the very start of the season they said they would be applying and that would appear to still be the case.

Can they finish in the top three though?

If argyle finish in top three, then top four can do it. Laws governing Pro reserve sides at this level.

II would say (SWPL (P) one down & two up as there are no Devon clubs in the(WL(P) relegation zone.

In fact the whole of the Western League (P &Div1) has only two Devon clubs Buckland Athletic and Willand Rovers and both are in the top 6  with Buckland striving for Southern League.

I suppose if all goes wrong for Truro they could get FA special admission to join.

6 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

II would say (SWPL (P) one down & two up as there are no Devon clubs in the(WL(P) relegation zone.

In fact the whole of the Western League (P &Div1) has only two Devon clubs Buckland Athletic and Willand Rovers and both are in the top 6  with Buckland striving for Southern League.

I suppose if all goes wrong for Truro they could get FA special admission to join.

Nope...they go back to junior football like everyone else - Malpas Marauders (?)

From the SWPL forum :-

The Football Association has confirmed today 13 applications that were received by the 31st December deadline for Promotion to Step 5 from the independent Step 6 leagues.

All 13 are listed below, 1 club per league only can be promoted and a club should finish in the Top 3 of the league. (The FA may consider sides finishing 4th IF space allows and IF a Reserve team occupies a Top 3 placing at the end of the season.

All Step 6 leagues are required to complete league fixtures by the same April 29th date nationally. (East & West can play a week later to 6th May).

East Midlands Counties League

Aylestone Park FC, Kimberley Miners Welfare FC, Radcliffe Olympic FC, Radford FC, South Normanton Athletic FC, Stapenhill FC And West Bridgford FC

South West Peninsula League

Exmouth Town FC and Plymouth Parkway FC

West Midlands (Regional) League

Haughmond FC, Malvern Town FC, Wolverhampton Casuals FC And Wolverhampton Sporting Community FC

13 Applications

31 December 2016

Saturday morning, waiting to go to todays game and fancied putting on a post for once :)

My club in seasons gone have been repieved from relegation, had some good finishes, been relegated and now fight for a promotion place.

This is just being put out there for thoughts as I know this wouldn't be considered under current rules. However, could there be a future rule change if proposed and carried?

If Parkway or Exmouth earn and take promotion then the side that doesn't finish bottom will be reprieved from relegation from the Premier to Div One (1 down).

I'm unaware if any clubs are dropping down or across into the SWPL Prem?

It will be likely that top placed teams that apply from both the East & West will be promoted (2 up).

Question: Why should there be a reprieve if there are other teams that strive for promotion?

Thought: Couldn't another team be promoted even if it requires a East & West play off with the next best applicable teams?

Would the above option (only when it becomes available) not be more benificial to the league and its members in honouring 'the bottom two Clubs in each of Premier, East & West are ALL due to be relegated'?

I understand that as teams have the option to apply for promotion and if none did between Divisions/Leagues then teams would receive a reprieve every time.

Again this is only a thought of mine (pick it apart if required), with no bad feeling towards any member clubs at all.

I know if my club didn't receive a reprieve a few years back then we wouldn't have continued for a few more great years in the Premier!

Over to the floor....

Just to add to the 'mix' appropriately started by Nick Pope, you could argue that

(a) clubs that DO apply for promotion, providing they meet the ground standards, should take priority over those who don't, even if they finish in a lower position, and outside the usual to 3, 5 or whatever

(b) the respective leagues should do more to gain from their sponsors much bigger prize funding for taking promotion, so that there is a financial incentive as well as a cushion for coping with the inevitably greater costs in the division or league above

A lot needs to be done in the lower non-league steps where promotion is optional rather than obligatory, to make the 'pyramid principle' work in practice as was originally intended when introduced way back.

Just a few thoughts.  Flak jacket already on!

As a supporter of one of the 2 clubs facing almost certain relegation, I would be delighted to finish second bottom and get the reprieve! The clubs themselves can, of course, request a demotion as Liverton did a few years ago. As for the 3 up .. If you review the league AGM report from June, I think you will see this was suggested (again) and may well become a motion this year. That would be in all cases where sufficient teams were eligible, making 3 down, 3 up the norm.

18 hours ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

What if a team, who finish bottom of east or west, are the only side, out of those who have applied for promotion, to pass ground grading. Do you promote them or relegate them.

They have applied because, say manager left, new one made a few signings before deadline day and others may come to club next season.

If the 'finishing position qualification' was extended to, say, the top 6 or even 8, that situation wouldn't arise.  Anyway, Penzance haven't applied for promotion this season, though if they survive relegation this season, they may well do so next season under a new manager......