Cornwall Football Forum

GODOLPHIN VS TAVISTOCK

Off to Godolphin way this afternoon havnt been for severel weeks should be a good game think Josh; in the G goal will have to be at his best today think the Tavistock is called Josh as well Josh Oak . Tavistock are title contenders but have lost the last 2 games so hopefully this will be there 3rd but i think Tavistock ,will win 3-1 and Glynn Hobbs, will get a hat trick hes not your usual shape for a footballer but hes a brilliant player he was when he was with Bodmin but hes even better now hes the leading scorer with 35 goals i think but hes also got the talented Jack Crago beside him. Hope Godolphin play well u never know which G team will turn up hope its the good 1 today . Hope people turn up for this good match .Im off to ANFIELD tmmrw leaving here at 3am to get the coach from Truro going for a 1-1 draw with Plymouth vs Liverpool well it is only liverpool reserves and kids lol

What a good team Tavistock are a wonderful 2nd half performance they played some marvellous football and scored 4 goals after going in at half time 2-0 down TAVISTOCK  started the game on fire and shot after shot at the G goal and young Josh GILBERT was having a tremendous game keeping them at bay and took the lead with a fine Jared Sims header and got a 2nd Goal just before half time with a good shot and goal from Phil LOWRY .In the 2NDand  half Tavistock came out and played tremendous football Glyn Hobbs was having a quiet game with Jamie and Tom Shepperd hardly given him a kick but he was different in the 2nd half and it was him vs Josh Gilbert and Josh was equal to him making 1 tremendous save when Hobbs controlled the ball brilliantly turned and smashed the ball at goal but Josh made a outstanding save but was eventually beaten and then Hobbs scored from a penalty when outstanding defender Josh Robbins was tripped in the box and from then on it was all Taviif only Luke RIGBY had scored a sitter in the 1st half when he had a open goal but decided to pass instead of shooting .Well done to a tremendous performance from Tavistock this could be the future champions on there 2nd half performance but to be honest they where  good in the 1st half . My man of the match is easy The Gs Josh Gilbert and for Tavi dont know who he was but the No8 was outstanding in midfield but the whole team where very good .Early night tonight alarm set for 3am and then off to watch Plymouth got £5 on Argyle drawing withLiverpool 1-1 Carey to score a pen for Plymouth .Off to Tenerife next weekend then back to watch Newquay vs Plymouth Argyle Reserves

Thanks Mark it was a great day out pity i will miss the replay but hopefully i will be able to watch the match over in Tenerife in a pub somewhere .Smokie is staying with a friend of min in Newton Abbot so he will be ok see u up Newquay when i get back forthe Plymouth reserves match should be a lot of goals

Thats true Paul I saw him play in pre season and the cup but i have heard he gives half his wages to charity which is good and i talked to him at St Blazey and he was a lovely bloke ,I wont be going up Plymouth again for a while now its too expensive and i am not allowed to take any photos anymore and i enjoy doing that so i will stick to the local football

The match ticket was 6 quid cheaper. The rest of the day certainly wasnt cheap. I do find it funny how people moan Argyle are rubbish and its expensive bla bla bla, then suddenly money is no issue to travel to Anfield to watch them, then its back to, its so expensive, you wont see me again. :SM_carton:

It was a once in a lifetime  chance to get to Anfield and just to be there to hear the Kop sing you will never walk alone was worth the money alone i have been watching Argyle since 1964 and for 30 of those years i was a season ticket holder and caught the bus up to Plymouth every week even going to watch Combination games ,Plymouth are having a wonderful season and i havnt been going to watch them because most friday i was having Radiotherapy and wasnt well enough to make the journey to Plymouth . Would you still go watch them if McCormick had killed your kids while being over the Limit i think most people wouldnt .Hope Plymouth do win next week hope to find a bar in Tenerife to watch it but im goin for a 3-0 win to Liverpool hope im wrong but watch Liverpool bring the big guns out at Home Park