Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & Cornwall Senior Cup matches - Sat 14th January 2017

Please feel free to post results, goalscorers, post-match comments etc

Saturday January 14 (3 pm unless otherwise stated)

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

PREMIER DIVISION

Helston Athletic

Exmouth Town

Plymouth Parkway

Tiverton Town Reserves

Tavistock

P

Launceston

P

Waterlogged pitch - rearranged for Tuesday April 4 (7.30 pm)

Witheridge

Cullompton Rangers

Division One (East)

Appledore

Sidmouth Town

Brixham

Alphington

Liverton United

Totnes & Dartington

Newton Abbot Spurs

Bovey Tracey

St Martins

Exwick Villa

Teignmouth

Crediton United

Torridgeside

Stoke Gabriel

University of Exeter

Galmpton United

Division One (West)

Bude Town

Wendron United

Dobwalls

Plymouth Marjon

Illogan RBL

Wadebridge Town

Liskeard Athletic

P

Penzance

P

Waterlogged pitch - rearranged for Tuesday April 25 (7.30 pm)

Penryn Athletic

Holsworthy

Plymstock United

Sticker

RGB CORNWALL SENIOR CUP

Third Round

Bodmin Town

St Austell

aet (3-3 after 90 mins)

Carharrack

Torpoint Athletic

(eight)

aet (3-3 after 90 mins)

Falmouth Town

Camelford

Holman Sports Club

Porthleven

aet (1-1 after 90 mins)

Millbrook

Mousehole

Newquay

St Day

aet (2-2 after 90 mins)

Saltash United

St Stephens Borough

Ludgvan 4-0 Polperro

Draw for the Quarter-Finals (scheduled for Saturday February 11):-

Ludgvan v Bodmin Town

Millbrook v Newquay

Saltash United v Holman Sports Club

Torpoint Athletic v Falmouth Town

Can somebody please give me a logical reason why Bodmin v St Austell kicks off at 2pm?

I can see the sense with say Carharrick etc but not teams with lights AND some teams are kicking off at 3pm so I'm baffled....not to mentioned narked because I should be working all day and if I go I now have to knock off an hour earlier than I thought!

ve

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Can somebody please give me a logical reason why Bodmin v St Austell kicks off at 2pm?

I can see the sense with say Carharrick etc but not teams with lights AND some teams are kicking off at 3pm so I'm baffled....not to mentioned narked because I should be working all day and if I go I now have to knock off an hour earlier than I thought!

I have been commenting about this for years because I am in the same predicament as yourself. It seems that the infamous cornwall fa do not realise that clubs have floodlights - still in the 19th century I am afraid !

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I would have thought Bodmin would have wanted to bring the game forward and play on Friday evening. A bigger crowd would be guaranteed.

50 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I have been commenting about this for years because I am in the same predicament as yourself. It seems that the infamous cornwall fa do not realise that clubs have floodlights - still in the 19th century I am afraid !

Big Al you are in luck, Falmouth are kicking off at 3pm. Does that suit you?

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

ve

The clubs are the ones who can choose kick off. If the clubs don't want to change that's not the CCFA's fault!

7 hours ago, Tony said:

The above tie could have kicked off at 3.00 pm if both sides were in agreement and the CCFA duly informed.

All Club Secretaries have a copy of the Competition Rules.

Parkway 2-3 Tiverton Town Reserves

A cliché game of two halves. Parkway starting very poorly conceding 3 sloppy goals within 20 minutes, 2 of which I believe came from set pieces. Things heated up in the last part of the half, with arguably both sides lucky to not have players sent off. Parkway rallied in the second half with Goals from Sam Davey and Josh Zimmerman, but couldn't find the equaliser given their pressure. A draw probably would've been the fair result, but given their poor first half performance Parkway only find themselves to blame. Big shake up needed if they're to get promoted

4 minutes ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

Nice lady on Radio Cornwall has just given Saltash 4 Stevenage Borough 0. Didn't they fancy facing Argyle ?

actually think a lot of football coverage on Radio Cornwall is a joke, rugby commentators talking about touch judges etc in football matches...embarrassing!   

17 minutes ago, karaoke said:

actually think a lot of football coverage on Radio Cornwall is a joke, rugby commentators talking about touch judges etc in football matches...embarrassing!   

Have to regrettably agree. It's a shame the various local radio stations can't get together and produce a decent alternative!

I must admit I felt sorry for the woman on Radio Cornwall sport today > The links to the reporters were late or there was deadly silenceand rhe reading of rge results left a lot to be desired. I think she must have been a last minute replacementfor the usual reporter.

On 13/01/2017 at 18:01, Sijames said:

What is the set price for these games? I've heard one of the combination teams is charging £6 for entry, surly not!!?

I don't know where you heard this but it definitely wasn't Carharrack. £3 for 11 goals was definitely value for money!

19 minutes ago, panda said:

must have been a last minute replacementfor the usual reporter

No it was said at the end of last week's programme that she was hosting today's

48 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

But they will never beat the soccerforum dave

No that's for sure and maybe the reason they don't include local football on there anymore :thumbsup:

Second visit this year to priory. I never expected a game to match  the league encounter earlier on in the season. Bodmin were the best team in the first half and st austell the best team in the second half. Extra time bodmin seemed fitter and just about deserved the win.

Great game, pitty this wasn't the final. Bodmin will breaze to another senior cup victory now. Hopefully Saltash will have a say in it though. 

From a personal point of view st austells defence is not strong enough. They would steam roll every game with a better defence. Going forward they are very impressive and the long ball game really works for them. 

22 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

I don't know where you heard this but it definitely wasn't Carharrack. £3 for 11 goals was definitely value for money!

Tell me about it,£3 was a bargain for today's game! And stood amongst the torpoint fans (a bus load) right by the tea hut for the game made it even better value for money! Good game, and a fair result overall, feel for carharrack towards the end when the goal came from and incorrect decision (by the linesman I think), which led to torpoint taking the game into ET, still a day away from the nagging wife!

Just now, Sijames said:

Tell me about it,£3 was a bargain for today's game! And stood amongst the torpoint fans (a bus load) right by the tea hut for the game made it even better value for money! Good game, and a fair result overall, feel for carharrack towards the end when the goal came from and incorrect decision (by the linesman I think), which led to torpoint taking the game into ET, still a day away from the nagging wife!

Things even them out though, Torpoint had a goal disallowed before Carharrack took the lead, video evidence proved it crossed the line.

I was in line and in slow-mo it shows it was over the line before being cleared. At this level it's happened for years and is meaningless but there are times when it's good to know one way or the other.

12 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

Penryn 5-0 Holsworthy. Luke brabyn x2 kyle cooke x2 and finn cross 1. Well done to the man in the middle today Martin Ault a great game. 

Lino wasn't bad either....pity about some of the gobby comments coming from the away team......ref got well pee'd of with it as well come the end.

What is the charge for the senior cup? or is it up to the Home team.

Got to say today at Newquay I was shocked that after spending most of the time with the team; organizing their kit and filling in team sheets, and discussing things with the officials, I decided all that complete I would pop to the bar to get a quick drink with our supporters as there was 15 minutes before KO. Leaving the bar I was told I had to now go and pay and although I did try to tell the gentleman I had just come out of the players entrance, nope I had to enter through the normal gate, this was where I was shocked, I was asked to pay £5 to enter!!! £5 bloody pound, and then on being offered a programme I accepted however when being charge for that also I kindly handed it back.

However I feel the very expensive prices was reflected in the very few people watching. How can there be a set charge for so many different things but not the senior cup. How can some charge a reasonable price and others daylight robbery?

All that said, it was a great game and it had it all; goals, penalties, yellow and a red card for both sides. Thanks to Newquay for the HT refreshments and maybe that's what i paid for in the end....haha

Good luck in the next round.