Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway announce their man

From the club's website :

"Plymouth Parkway FC are delighted to announce their new manager Lee Hobbs

Lee who has been assistant manager at Parkway and also Bodmin, has agreed to join the club with immediate effect.

The club have had a number of very good applications and have spent the last few days meeting numerous people and believe that the drive and determination Lee showed will drive the team forward over the coming weeks.

Chairman Mark Russell said, ” the process to select the manager was very important that we chose the best person to take the club forward.
Lee showed us his determination to join the club now when he could have easily stayed at his current club and pushed on to trying to achieve a treble.

I am personally looking forward to working with Lee in the coming days, weeks, months and years.
I would like personally thank everyone who applied for the role.”

Well I won't be 2 upset he's leaving Bodmin. Don't know his football background but can't say he seems the type of manager players will take notice of. Quite a few times I've seen players turn a deaf ear 2 his comments from the touchline. I used 2 leave the grandstand just 2 get away from his continual shouting and arm waving. Good luck 2 him, I won't miss him

Good appointment - congratulations to Lee. Local chap who is very well connected and the reason why Bodmin had a strong contingent of better Plymouth lads down there this season. I'm sure Lee has learnt a lot from Darren in the past 18 months and seems like a good progression for him having been Assistant at Parkway and Bodmin in the last 3 years with a catalogue of achievements on his CV from that period. I think credit should be given to an ambitious young Manager who has come from P&D Football to the top team in Plymouth outside of Argyle in the space of 5 years. Best of luck to him and as the old saying goes "it's better to have tried and failed than never tried at all" !! Personally don't think he'll be able to get them promoted this season but would suggest that they'll be the team to beat in 17/18 with real promotion ambitions. 

Hope to nick a couple points of him in March down Pennygillam though.