Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay v Plymouth Argyle

Hoping to be up for this match after coming back from a awful holiday in Tenerife where myself and Partner where robbed b some scum bag who broke into our holiday appartment and stole my camera and 5oo euros and my Plymouth shirt and clothes as well and the hotel mangement didnt care a shit so people dont go to Tenerrife or stay in the  BLUESEA APPARTMENTS CALLAUGARDENS ADEJE .So glad to be back home no place like Cornwall the people  on the plane must of thought i was mad when i kissed the tarmac at Exeter Airport when i landed was so happy to be back . Looking forward to the match but without my camera i will be lost unless i can borrow my friends see u all up there bit colder here it was 26 in Tenerife yesterday but I love Cornwall

9 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Hoping to be up for this match after coming back from a awful holiday in Tenerife where myself and Partner where robbed b some scum bag who broke into our holiday appartment and stole my camera and 5oo euros and my Plymouth shirt and clothes as well and the hotel mangement didnt care a shit so people dont go to Tenerrife or stay in the  BLUESEA APPARTMENTS CALLAUGARDENS ADEJE .So glad to be back home no place like Cornwall the people  on the plane must of thought i was mad when i kissed the tarmac at Exeter Airport when i landed was so happy to be back . Looking forward to the match but without my camera i will be lost unless i can borrow my friends see u all up there bit colder here it was 26 in Tenerife yesterday but I love Cornwall

I'm really sorry that you had such an awful experience 100%. No doubt you reported everything to the police and can claim off your travel insurance. However this doesn't take away that your privacy and security has been invaded and the hassle it has caused you. Hopefully you can get back now with Smokie and enjoy watching your love of football again. 

9 hours ago, baldy said:

The major works have been done. Just waiting for "making good" and final testing.

It won't matter what team PA put out!

Think 'baldy' might be right here Bazzer, I don't think it matters what side Argyle Development play, I can only see one outcome. To see a once great footballing club & steeped in so much history to be facing relegation out of Cornwall's top division (& your noisy neighbours) overtaken you On & Off the field must be very very bitter pill to swallow? Some found memories of playing at Mt.Wise in the 70's & 80's. Maybe relegation & consolidation might just be what you need to build again

Hoping to be up for this match after coming back from a awful holiday in Tenerife where myself and Partner where robbed b some scum bag who broke into our holiday appartment and stole my camera and 5oo euros and my Plymouth shirt and clothes as well and the hotel mangement didnt care a shit so people dont go to Tenerrife or stay in the  BLUESEA APPARTMENTS CALLAUGARDENS ADEJE .So glad to be back home no place like Cornwall the people  on the plane must of thought i was mad when i kissed the tarmac at Exeter Airport when i landed was so happy to be back . Looking forward to the match but without my camera i will be lost unless i can borrow my friends see u all up there bit colder here it was 26 in Tenerife yesterday but I love Cornwall So some little shit in Tenerife is wearing my Argyle shirt wearing my swimming shorts and listening to my mp3 player and has got the presents i got for my grandson i hope he gets cancer or something nasty happens to him the Police over there dont care a shit anyway got to keep smiling

Ok onto Newquay it will be a hammering for sure and have heard there will be 9 1st teamers for Plymouth  playing plus there new signing Sarsevic from Shrewsbury Danny O HAGAN will be marking Nathan Blissett for sure so that should be a good battle still looking forward to the match been lent a camera but cant work the bloody thing out

6 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Ok onto Newquay it will be a hammering for sure and have heard there will be 9 1st teamers for Plymouth  playing plus there new signing Sarsevic from Shrewsbury Danny O HAGAN will be marking Nathan Blissett for sure so that should be a good battle still looking forward to the match been lent a camera but cant work the bloody thing out

Sympathy with you 100%Cornish, no one deserves the way you were treated on your Vacation in the sun. Hope you get your Kodak working in time for your match tomorrow! Are all the Newquay supporters as dissapointed & as downbeat as you!! 

Im just being realistic  Leeds i dont like seeing my home town struggling but i have been told by someone connected with Plymouth Argyle that the peppermints will be facing  a very strong Argyle side so only 1 outcome really . Its a Nikon camera and im still trying to work the bloody thing out so many buttons on it but going togive it a try .Hope Newquay give it a go they shouldnt be down at the bottom i still think they will stay up the league wont be the same if they do get relegated the same with St Blazey a fine club with lovely people there

Having just read the PAFC supporters tweets it would 'appear' that Argyle are not looking to field many (if any) senior players for the game at Newquay tomorrow. I know it can't be believed and will all depend on the first team managers requirements, especially as their U18 scholars played today - hard to call whether a good thing or not for Newquay - first team players mean more supporters and gate receipts for Newquay, but also means no desperately needed points. Will be interested to see what Argyle do?

Watched the Newquay match this afternoon in there 6-1 defeat to Plymouth Argyle Res the scoreline sounds bad but i thought NEWQUAY played well and scored the best goal with a great lob over the top of Plymouths goalie Dorrelby JACK BRAY EVANS  all the Newquay goals where from errors and also poor goal keeping where Joe Crane pushed out the ball to oncoming Argyle players the scoreline doesnt really show how well Newquay played but this very young Argyle team playedsome lovely football and where a lot quicker to the ball than Newquay and where a lot fitter they had 2 professionals in there team in goalie Vincent Dorrel and hat trick player Lousi Rooney other Plymouth scorers where Ryan Lane and Billy Craske .A really good crowd up Mt Wise to watch the match . Man of the match Jack Bray EVANS and for Plymouth i thought Luke Jephcott for his wing play . Well done Newquay but beaten by a fitter team on the day

No disrespect 100% Cornish but I thought Newquay were dreadful! Could hardly string 3 passes together, & although Argyle having superior fitness levels I thought Newquay at times did not seem to compete, no desire to win the second or third balls. Defended with naivety & Argyle could of grabbed 3/4 more goals. Newquay lacking bite upfront & defensively. With St.Blazey drawing its certainly opened it up now at the basement. Well done to Reg & Camelford on another impressive home victory, & bloody Saltash, who we are all chasing!! Tavistock also be keeping big spending St.Austell fans quiet on here tonight! (Not saying to much as Bodmin visit Tavistock next Saturday)

Newquay had to try and play defensively minded to start off with otherwis the passing and movement from Argyle would've ended the game with a massive scoreline. Argyle kept the ball but often without much intent, goals came from poor mistakes and sharpness. Argyle playing a young side as well as Newquay with a number of homegrown youngsters being involved and Newquay were unlucky to to grab a 1-2 goals, Argyle should've had many more but must say I don't know how the ref gave a pen against O'hagan with the defender taking all the ball with his tackle. Newquay were never going to beat this professional outfit however, what wasn't so professional was Argyle in the clubhouse afterwards. Players and coaches just walking in asking where the pasties where and walking out, extremely poor from them.

59 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

No disrespect 100% Cornish but I thought Newquay were dreadful! Could hardly string 3 passes together, & although Argyle having superior fitness levels I thought Newquay at times did not seem to compete, no desire to win the second or third balls. Defended with naivety & Argyle could of grabbed 3/4 more goals. Newquay lacking bite upfront & defensively. With St.Blazey drawing its certainly opened it up now at the basement. Well done to Reg & Camelford on another impressive home victory, & bloody Saltash, who we are all chasing!! Tavistock also be keeping big spending St.Austell fans quiet on here tonight! (Not saying to much as Bodmin visit Tavistock next Saturday)

No complaints, Tavy are an excellent side and a smashing club, well done to them. Could be your turn next Saturday Leeds. Not too disappointed today as I am Wolves season ticket holder ! 

On 26/01/2017 at 17:29, Paul said:

After that draw an Anfield these Argyle shirts must be worth a fortune. :o

And the Wolves shirts today. Payback for Argyle !

Hi Leeds i thought Jack Bray Evans had a fine game and scored a brilliant goal so bit harsh saying they couldnt string 3 passes together it was just the Plymouth youngsters where so much fitter dont think Luke Whelden had a kick all afternoon and Jack Rapsey should be given more games and i looked at the team sheet and wanderd where little Jack Scott was today he would of made a difference but the ARGYLE defence where well marshalled .I was hoping to see more Plymouth 1st team players but no regular players there ,think i will take a trip to St Blazey and to Bodmin when Plymouth res play down there ,they have a player called Alex Battle and i have heard hes going to be 1 for the future . Still say Well done Newquay but Newquay goalie Joe Crane treated the ball like a bar of soap today letting the ball slip out of his grasp for 3 of the 6 goals but he did some good saves as well

Thats why I have not said to much midlandlilywhite, we go there next week, be sure to be a tough fixture. Just saw Tavistock also had 10 men for most of the second half. As for Newquay 100%cornish, Bray Evans was Ok on the ball when he saw it, very unfit from where I was watching & did not shut down space quick enough which gave Argyle more time (not just Bray Evans, all of Newquay team were guilty of this). Felt also Newquay were to happy to except defeat, & excepted to come 2nd, now for where you are in the table, to except defeat instead of standing up & being counted must be a real cause for concern. Why don't you tell the Newquay management your opinion on Rapsey & Whelden, they might appreciate your imput :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Thats why I have not said to much midlandlilywhite, we go there next week, be sure to be a tough fixture. Just saw Tavistock also had 10 men for most of the second half. As for Newquay 100%cornish, Bray Evans was Ok on the ball when he saw it, very unfit from where I was watching & did not shut down space quick enough which gave Argyle more time (not just Bray Evans, all of Newquay team were guilty of this). Felt also Newquay were to happy to except defeat, & excepted to come 2nd, now for where you are in the table, to except defeat instead of standing up & being counted must be a real cause for concern. Why don't you tell the Newquay management your opinion on Rapsey & Whelden, they might appreciate your imput :thumbsup:

Should be a classic game like those between our two teams this season. Its been a good season for the League with not just Bodmin and St Austell dominating, consequently more interesting  close matches and an exciting end to the season. 

Hi Leeds Utd i tottally disagree with you about Bray Evans he was getting stuck in winning tackles from where i was standing he was the really only class player in the Newquay team and his goal was pure class even though Plymouth Goalie Dorrel was miles outside his goal but it was still a fine goal.As for my opinion about Jack Rapsey maybe McKELLAR while take my advice and play him more instead of putting him on the bench every week he put Danny o hagan at centre half when i suggested it on here Rapsey is a good player but like against Plymouth yesterday he has got a mouth on him and he could of been booked against Plymouth when he came on yesterday . Him and Jack Scott would be a good combination

Only class player in the Newquay team? Wouldn't say any player had an outstanding game for Newquay although thought the left winger could be a decent player and one of the midfielders who worked hard closing down and made some decent tackles especially the one on Rooney at the end, Bray Evans is a good technical player and good when going foward but from what I've seen his work rate and fitness is his downfall, apart from a decent goal, Newquay didn't really threaten much throughout the game and tend to try and go foward too early.