Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - fixtures for Friday & Saturday, Feb 17 & 18 2017

Friday February 17

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

PREMIER DIVISION

Plymouth Argyle Reserves 7-1 Camelford

Saturday February 18 (3 pm unless otherwise stated)

Premier Division

Bodmin Town

Exmouth Town

Cullompton Rangers

St Austell

Falmouth Town

Callington Town

Godolphin Atlantic

Tiverton Town Reserves

Helston Athletic

Witheridge

Plymouth Parkway

Saltash United

St Blazey

Ivybridge Town

Torpoint Athletic

Launceston

Division One (East)

Alphington

Totnes & Dartington

Appledore

Liverton United

Brixham

Bovey Tracey

Crediton United

Torridgeside

Galmpton United

Exwick Villa

Newton Abbot Spurs

Budleigh Salterton

Stoke Gabriel

St Martins

Teignmouth

Sidmouth Town

University of Exeter

Axminster Town

Division One (West)

Bude Town

Penzance

Dobwalls

Porthleven

Holsworthy

Mousehole

Illogan RBL

Plymouth Marjon

Liskeard Athletic

Penryn Athletic

St Dennis

Plymstock United

Sticker

Elburton Villa

Vospers Oak Villa

Wendron United

Wadebridge Town

Millbrook

Liskeard Athletic

Penryn Athletic

St Dennis

Plymstock United

Sticker

Elburton Villa

Vospers Oak Villa

Wendron United

Wadebridge Town

Millbrook

Some big fixtures this weekend, Parkway v Saltash what a cracker, & at The Priory we have in my opinion the best footballing side in the division in Exmouth, be sure to be a very tough afternoon. Then at the bottom a win for Ivybridge at St.Blazey would surely seal Blazey & Newquays fete of Division One West football next season, although even a Home win would still see them 12 points from Ivybridge. Come on Paul's Blazey boys, keep your season alive or else tomorrow lunchtime the club will be empty & no one for me to play cards or scrabble with!

Five hat tricks in consecutive games, Radio Rugby say it could be a world record,

Cully surprised St Austell 2-0, Falmouth drew 0-0 and Penzance score 4 in the six-pointer at Bude.

3 minutes ago, razor61 said:

Should go in the Guiness book of records then if it is! We shall have to wait and see!

Definitely worth a shout!

9. Most Consecutive Hat Tricks

Masashi Nakayama scored hat tricks in four consecutive games in 1998. Four in a row! He tallied 16 goals in those four games.

He was also the first Japanese player to ever score for his country in a World Cup that year. It was in a loss to Jamaica, but, eh, who cares. Nakayama was on fire in 1998.

2 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

Masashi Nakayama scored hat tricks in four consecutive games in 1998. Four in a row! He tallied 16 goals in those four games.

He was also the first Japanese player to ever score for his country in a World Cup that year. It was in a loss to Jamaica, but, eh, who cares. Nakayama was on fire in 1998.

If anybody stops him scoring 3 next week they will be in big trouble!!!

Arrived a little early for the Bodmin v Exmouth game, had to allow 'gridlock-time' for the daft roadwork schemes affecting both the A38 and the town centre.

Good job I did arrive early because (for some strange reason) the game kicked off at 2.50pm?

The punters who normally show up just as the teams come out didn't seem too happy.

Puzzled to see Lee Hobbs stood at one end of the ground shaking hands and chatting away? Thought he'd had a change of heart & a shock return was on the cards?

My thanks for being informed he is serving a 2 game stadium ban which identifies why he wasn't at Parkway today.

Both Bodmin and Exmouth badly needed the 3 points from what looked like being a classic encounter (at least on paper it did).

What we got was a 2-2 draw with a sack full of missed opportunities, very debatable decisions and the visitors continually hitting the woodwork.

Exmouth faired the better over the 90 minutes and will rightly feel disappointed that they didn't come away with a win.

Despite the attempts on goal both sides struggled to apply quality football. It was fragmented scrappy stuff with little cohesion or strategy.

Bodmin started superbly and really looked the business, unfortunately this fizzled out after 10 minutes and Exmouth gradually came more and more into the game.

Not the best of games (at least in my opinion) and neither side will be too thrilled with just a point.

St Dennis 2-1 Plymstock

saints goals : 

Lee Whetter

Carlo Ricks

i know the saints have nothing to play for this year but I feel the way our last 3 performances have gone, unlucky against sticker in the charity cup and winning our last 2, we are under achieving, but we will keep plugging away to finish as high as we can in the division. 

A great win today against 2nd place plymstock, coming from behind at half time, and to be honest over 90 mins felt that we dominated! 

We will keep going forward as a club and see what will come next season. ???⚽

12 minutes ago, LeeRicks9 said:

St Dennis 2-1 Plymstock

saints goals : 

Lee Whetter

Carlo Ricks

i know the saints have nothing to play for this year but I feel the way our last 3 performances have gone, unlucky against sticker in the charity cup and winning our last 2, we are under achieving, but we will keep plugging away to finish as high as we can in the division. 

A great win today against 2nd place plymstock, coming from behind at half time, and to be honest over 90 mins felt that we dominated! 

We will keep going forward as a club and see what will come next season. ???⚽

Thanks for that Lee! You did us a favour!!

1 hour ago, Willow Tree said:

Evidently a Croatian player has cored 5 consecutive hat-tricks so Jack has only equalled the world record!!

CULLOMPTON RANGERS 2 ST AUSTELL 0

A very poor and a disappointing performance from the Lillywhites today following their excellent win at Exmouth last week. A dour first half had only two chances, one for each side. A header from Tom Chambers thudded against the crossbar from an inswinging corner by Martin Watts. On the stroke of half time a superb goal line clearance by Liam Knowles prevented Cully taking the lead. 

Cully fully deserved their win with two second half goals from Ollie Aplin in the 49th and 65th minutes. 

Cullompton - Law, Riggs, Reed, Ansell, Clark, Hill, Donohue (Fanson) , Bowker, Beddow, Aplin, Greening. 

St Austell - Chapman, Knowles (Hart), Watts, Giles, Chambers, Reski, Brokenshire, Eddy, Prynn (Goldsworthy), Slateford (Dingle). 

Attendance - 81

3 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Arrived a little early for the Bodmin v Exmouth game, had to allow 'gridlock-time' for the daft roadwork schemes affecting both the A38 and the town centre.

Good job I did arrive early because (for some strange reason) the game kicked off at 2.50pm?

The punters who normally show up just as the teams come out didn't seem too happy.

Puzzled to see Lee Hobbs stood at one end of the ground shaking hands and chatting away? Thought he'd had a change of heart & a shock return was on the cards?

My understanding of football etiquette is that for all games where an admission fee is charged, it must ko at the advertised time. If I'm wrong I'm happy to be corrected.

Lee Hobbs must have done something pretty bad to get a 2 game stadium ban. Not much use to Parkway for 2 games is he?

12 hours ago, The Smiling Assassin said:

My understanding of football etiquette is that for all games where an admission fee is charged, it must ko at the advertised time. If I'm wrong I'm happy to be corrected.

Lee Hobbs must have done something pretty bad to get a 2 game stadium ban. Not much use to Parkway for 2 games is he?

Perhaps the swpl officials would like to enlighten everyone.

On 18/02/2017 at 11:06, leedsunited said:

Some big fixtures this weekend, Parkway v Saltash what a cracker, & at The Priory we have in my opinion the best footballing side in the division in Exmouth, be sure to be a very tough afternoon. Then at the bottom a win for Ivybridge at St.Blazey would surely seal Blazey & Newquays fete of Division One West football next season, although even a Home win would still see them 12 points from Ivybridge. Come on Paul's Blazey boys, keep your season alive or else tomorrow lunchtime the club will be empty & no one for me to play cards or scrabble with!

Looks like you'll be playing cards or scrabble on your own.....

I am indeed, Sat here with a Strawberry Dackery listening to everybody all ingrosed in conversation of Blazey's performance yesterday rather than playing cards with me! They have all agreed its the worst St.Blazey side in living memory & that the Hierarchy should sack the manager & attempt to bring in Donald Trump who might have a better idea on how to run a team. I am getting bored of it all now, time to down the Dackery then might venture in to Paradise (Par)

19 hours ago, The Smiling Assassin said:

Perhaps the swpl officials would like to enlighten everyone.

You're right Al, it couldn't have happened without their say so. Doesn't mean they were right though. I think the only definitive answer could come from Phil Hiscox.
4 hours ago, midlandlilywhite said:

And probably winning !!!!! 

Dunno about that midlandlilywhite.?

On 18/02/2017 at 18:51, Willow Tree said:

Five hat tricks in consecutive games, Radio Rugby say it could be a world record,

Cully surprised St Austell 2-0, Falmouth drew 0-0 and Penzance score 4 in the six-pointer at Bude.

Jack Bowyer 5 consecutive hat tricks for Sticker SWPL(1W) step 7

Earlier this 2016-17 season

Dan Westwood 5 consecutive hat tricks for Wolverhampton Sporting in the West Midland Regional League (Premier) Step 6.

Hope Radio Cornwall dont go overboard regarding World Records in the morning LOL-It must have been achieved even more around the World somewhere?

17 hours ago, leedsunited said:

I am indeed, Sat here with a Strawberry Dackery listening to everybody all ingrosed in conversation of Blazey's performance yesterday rather than playing cards with me! They have all agreed its the worst St.Blazey side in living memory & that the Hierarchy should sack the manager & attempt to bring in Donald Trump who might have a better idea on how to run a team. I am getting bored of it all now, time to down the Dackery then might venture in to Paradise (Par)

Never eat or drink anything you can't spell Leeds, always been my motto! (Daiquiri)

19 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Jack Bowyer 5 consecutive hat tricks for Sticker SWPL(1W) step 7

Earlier this 2016-17 season

Dan Westwood 5 consecutive hat tricks for Wolverhampton Sporting in the West Midland Regional League (Premier) Step 6.

Hope Radio Cornwall dont go overboard regarding World Records in the morning LOL-It must have been achieved even more around the World somewhere?

Even if it has been achieved 100 times elsewhere, it's still one hell of an acheivement, and who knows what will happen in their next match providing he plays of course.

4 hours ago, ex-chairman said:

Suggests perhaps people playing at the wrong level?

So any step 6 striker could drop down to step 7 and score 5 consecutive hats?

Great effort young Jack, yes a little bit of luck along the way, but the three goals taken against El Villa all class finishes, keep it up.