Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin vs Tiverton res

The G will have to be at there best this afternoon to get anything at Godolphin Way against Tiverton Res this afternoon im going to say it will be a draw possibly 2-2 ,and i have got myself a new camera off E bay after my other 1 was pinched while on holiday .Look forward to seeing a good crowd there cheering the G on THIS AFTERNOON .

What a game that was the G where brilliant in the 1st half and u would find it hard to pick out a mom and went in 2-0 up at the break with a goal from Tyler Cheshire and Jamie Shepherd a Tiverton player lost  his head and head butted a G player Tivvy down to 10 me 2 half Tiverton where brilliant and Dominated the game but they had a lot of help from the G goalie Josh Gilbert  who let in a tame shot and just doesnt look good when coming for crosses from corners and flapped at them to bring Tivvy back into the game and desrved there victory after a amazing 2nd half come back .My man of the match well it was Jamie Shepherd who was brilliant but the 2nd half it was just wave wave after wave of Tiverton pressure and mom for rhem was the no6 there captain who played a real captains roll driving his team forward but this game should of ended 3-3 when The G missed a sitter near the end of the match but the Tiverton goalie made a outstanding save .Another tough match next week the G home to Exmouth The Ref had  a real tough game today and more players could of been heading for a early bath the Gs Ross Fallens was 1 who was very lucky to stay on hte pitch

Good summary, 100% . Have to admire Tivvy spirit for remarkable second half turnaround although diehard G fans were nervous of 2-0 lead and team being content to sit on it.

First half performance was very good with some creative football and two good goals, with Cheshire looking threatening and taking his chance very well. After the break, G looked tired and lacking leadership on the field, especially in midfield where they were outplayed. Disappointing for keeper to make mistake as he had kept his team in game with good saves but once the first went in, there was a sense of inevitability around the ground that Tivvy would equalise and then snatch winner.

Only after they fell behind did G start to play again and created two simple chances which Sims sadly failed to convert... G clearly missing Jamie Lowry and Aaron Dilley today.

Referee (apparently highest rated in Cornwall?) starred well with early yellow card but then seemed to lose some control and make poor decisions as a result. Red card was correct but I have never subscribed to the theory that it's difficult to play against 10 men. If your attitude is right and you play sensibly, then you should still be able to hold on to 2 goal lead despite the inevitable reaction from the weakened side.