Cornwall Football Forum

ST.BLAZEY VS NEWQUAY

Massive 6 pointer today at Blaise Park, hopefully town can build on there impressive performance last week. If Newquay can keep another clean sheet then the 3 points will be theirs! Hopefully O'Hagan, Lobb and Prentice can keep it tight at the back and Wheldon and Bray Smith can do the business up top! Come on the Peppermints, I predict a 2-0 win with both goals in the second half.

A travesty Paul! St.Blazey & Newquay playing in Divison One West next season, how & where did it go so wrong for both clubs? Obviously the playing staff for both sides are not up to the required standard of the league, but you would think clubs like these two would have a plan B in place over a 40 game season? I ventured in to the club last night after our fixture at Torpoint & was told it was like watching two East Cornwall One sides play?

its down to money Leeds, Newquay has a low budget due to funds being used for replacement  lights and infastructure, they now have to find

£35k for toilets & gatehouse to be replaced as our landlords Cornwall council say they have no money to replace them even though they

have just put our rent up to £3400 a year whilst other clubs with Cornwall council as their landlords are paying just £200 a year rent.

We will keep trying to stay up and if we do fail it wont be for the lack of effort from all at the club..

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

A travesty Paul! St.Blazey & Newquay playing in Divison One West next season, how & where did it go so wrong for both clubs? Obviously the playing staff for both sides are not up to the required standard of the league, but you would think clubs like these two would have a plan B in place over a 40 game season? I ventured in to the club last night after our fixture at Torpoint & was told it was like watching two East Cornwall One sides play?

Mewton and Hooper

On Sunday, March 05, 2017 at 08:16, leedsunited said:

I think your being a bit harsh on the east cornwall sides. I was at Home Park but the feedback was that it is was a very poor junior football standard. Any club thats conceded over 100 goals in February should be relegated. Simply awful to watch. We havnt had a team winning much for ten years but this lot couldnt win a raffle if they were the only ones buying tickets. 

Blackpool home on Tuesday and my 4th away game at Wycombe Tuesday week. All mid weekers as well. Always a decent trip. 

10 hours ago, Paul said:

I think your being a bit harsh on the east cornwall sides. I was at Home Park but the feedback was that it is was a very poor junior football standard. Any club thats conceded over 100 goals in February should be relegated. Simply awful to watch. We havnt had a team winning much for ten years but this lot couldnt win a raffle if they were the only ones buying tickets. 

Blackpool home on Tuesday and my 4th away game at Wycombe Tuesday week. All mid weekers as well. Always a decent trip. 

Paul, apologies! Also apologies to all involved in East Cornwall Football, if you say the standard of football between these two once great football sides was 'a very poor junior standard' then I will take your word for it with you being a hardened St.Blazey follower. If rumours are to be believed what I heard down the club on Saturday night & Sunday tea time it's all going to be change there next season

6 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Paul, apologies! Also apologies to all involved in East Cornwall Football, if you say the standard of football between these two once great football sides was 'a very poor junior standard' then I will take your word for it with you being a hardened St.Blazey follower. If rumours are to be believed what I heard down the club on Saturday night & Sunday tea time it's all going to be change there next season

Left it late to change as it will be a long haul back.

The slide has been going on for years with inept Committee. A lot of hard working people would be upset to see how apathy has allowed the situation develop.

Well if we carry on as we are we will be the next Penzance. Bottom of the West and then we  an look forward to a huge local derby with the mighty Roach!! 

The crowd can all pile on top of Roach rock for the best view in local football. 

The most important thing is the survival of these two great Clubs - along with too many others - to enable them to continue as members of the Cornish football family, playing at whichever level their performances deserve. I know how hard it is to get volunteers to join committees but blaming them or other individuals for a Clubs decline is far from fair or justifiable. The not-so-silent majority have had, and will continue to have the option of joining their Clubs committees; only then will they understand the realities of running a football Club. A sustainable plan for the future must be the most important item on the agenda for all Clubs.