Division One (West)                                           

Bude Town            2              Wadebridge Town               2

Dobwalls                5              Plymstock United                 3

Elburton Villa        3              Penryn Athletic                    0

Illogan RBL             3              Holsworthy                            1

Mousehole            1              Liskeard Athletic                  1

Penzance               2              Millbrook                               1

St Dennis               2              Plymouth Marjon                 1

Sticker                    3              Porthleven                            2

Abysmal performance by Parkway topped off by a clinical St Austell side, who just know how to find the back of the net. This match showed the huge differences between the two, and if Parkway have the hope of promotion they are a long way off it. Arguably Reski was very lucky to still be on the pitch after a hideous tackle on Jamie Bass, although the referee booked Liam Eddy instead! Madness all round

8 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

I'm personally not sure backwards is the right phrase, but definitely sideways. I think next season will be the time to judge, once Lee has had a pre season to bring in his own team, with time to work with them. This season is a write off, it's all about building for next season. 

I assume that means bringing in Glynn :-)

Its a real shame for Parkway as I, for one, had them pegged as title contenders and was hoping they would get top 3 for promotion - they have a strong club setup and usually a good place to visit and watch, although I haven't seen them since Lee has taken over - hopefully he has 'calmed' from being second at Bodmin. 

7 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

I assume that means bringing in Glynn :-)

Its a real shame for Parkway as I, for one, had them pegged as title contenders and was hoping they would get top 3 for promotion - they have a strong club setup and usually a good place to visit and watch, although I haven't seen them since Lee has taken over - hopefully he has 'calmed' from being second at Bodmin. 

He seemed calmed last night even when Parkway were playing poorly. Glyn would, obviously, be a top top signing for sure, but there's a few rumours that he doesn't want to works under Lee...

I went and watch St Blazey play this afternoon because i had to pick my son up from the railway station saw Plymouth Reserves dish out a real lessons of how to play good football there passing was  spectacular and there 3 goal was a whole team effort about 20 passes finished with  a tremendous shot into the net Plymouth had 2 1st team players Bulvitas and Garita In there team Garita was really good until he went off at half time injured St Blazey where poor and where tottally outclassed by a young Plymouth side .Tornado Bello had a couple of good runs but was too greedy when he had the ball and seemed to want to take on the whole Argyle team on his own .Looks like Blazey and Newquay are now doomed such a shame for 2 fine teams with a history of sucess tobe relegated

Sticker were pushed to the end of the game, by a Porthleven side that bore no resemblance to the side they played in an ill tempered affair earlier in the season.                
The Sticker lads seemed to be a bit jaded, and did not perform to their usual high standards, but they will learn from this match that they may have to grind out results if they are to remain unbeaten for the whole season, every  remaining game will be treated like a cup final, as the opposition will want to be the first team to beat them in the league this season.
Whatever the remainder of the season holds, the small Village of Sticker should be proud of what their football team has achieved.
Congratulations to the team, and to all who helped them win the championship with still half a dozen or so matches to go.

Seeing we are now in the title run-in period I went looking for the possibility of a dramatic upset today. At least that was the plan.

Seems I made a major boo-boo going along to watch Launceston 1 Tavistock 5.

Despite Launceston taking a 1-0 lead after 15 minutes this encounter was never in doubt.

It was an appalling match certainly not helped by the conditions. How I lasted the full 90 minutes I do not know. Worst game I've seen for years.

I counted 72 lost souls drowning in the drizzle, most got some shelter in the stand and about half the crowd seemed to be from Tavistock way.

The match was very low quality with hardly 2 passes strung together throughout. Tavistock had the intention to play football but the weather deprived anything of note, they at least got the ball in the net 5 times but the whole affair was very much kick and run, huff and puff stuff. They are better than this but will still be exceedingly happy with those valuable 3 points.

As for Launceston, perhaps I caught them on a very bad day but they appeared totally clueless over the 90 minutes. They got their goal on a long shot fortunately bobbling into the net and after that early glimmer of resistance there was pretty much zero threat whatsoever. They really did look tactically empty. It was hard work watching it never mind playing it.

The continuing abysmal South West weather had a significant part in making this encounter a real dog of a football match.

I was glad to get back in the Match Shed and drive home.

Allow me to add my sincere congratulations to Sticker for an amazing title win.

Not seen them yet but I am certainly looking forward to sampling the experience.

Enjoy it!

Uwdi - trust me, you could have made a worse decision and gone to watch the Ivybridge v Camelford match. Ivybridge won 2-0 and as such deserve the points, however neither teams deserved anything from the game. 

Without being contentious, it was a real shame that the referee was being assessed today - he is normally decent, however he did not have his best game today, it seemed to make him want to prove he could manage a game without recourse to cards. In the first 20 minutes Ivybridge's No 4, 8 and 10 should all have been sent off for two footed shin high tackles, deliberate elbows to faces and abuse to decisions given - not a single card given. Frustration was visible by all players, managers and spectators - especially when having ignored all the above he carded an Ivybridge player for time wasting (I assume), taking a throw in after 35 minutes?!?!? Second half saw the ref come out, obviously intent on restoring his control and carding 3 Camelford players within 10 minutes for comparatively innocuous tackles (yes yellows but nothing compared to what he allowed in the first half). Camelford are a team who have had 30 points all season and yet got 4 today (2 given to players who haven't been carded in over 2 years) simply because of poor management by a ref.

Rant over, well done Ivybridge and with Newquay loosing they are probably safe now.   

On a more positive note - well done Sticker, now to go unbeaten all season :-)

1 hour ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Seeing we are now in the title run-in period I went looking for the possibility of a dramatic upset today. At least that was the plan.

Despite Launceston taking a 1-0 lead after 15 minutes this encounter was never in doubt.

It was an appalling match certainly not helped by the conditions. How I lasted the full 90 minutes I do not know. Worst game I've seen for years.

I counted 72 lost souls drowning in the drizzle, most got some shelter in the stand and about half the crowd seemed to be from Tavistock way.

The match was very low quality with hardly 2 passes strung together throughout. Tavistock had the intention to play football but the weather deprived anything of note, they at least got the ball in the net 5 times but the whole affair was very much kick and run, huff and puff stuff. They are better than this but will still be exceedingly happy with those valuable 3 points.

As for Launceston, perhaps I caught them on a very bad day but they appeared totally clueless over the 90 minutes. They got their goal on a long shot fortunately bobbling into the net and after that early glimmer of resistance there was pretty much zero threat whatsoever. They really did look tactically empty. It was hard work watching it never mind playing it.

The continuing abysmal South West weather had a significant part in making this encounter a real dog of a football match.

Not seen them yet but I am certainly looking forward to sampling the experience.

Enjoy it!

Your lucky you wasn't watching the first half at Bodmin!! Comatosed is the word I'd use to describe the crowd in the first half !

1 hour ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Enjoy it!

You should have gone to Dobwalls !

No such thing as a dull game at Bickland Park today. Falmouth went one up, with Exmouth equalising before the break. Second half, Falmouth took control of the game and banged in 3 goals to record a very good win. Both teams played good football making the match a credit to the league. On another day, Exmouth would have gotten something out of the game as they look a very good side. However, Falmouth took their chances and every goal was well taken. A penalty claim was denied to Falmouth when Dan Richardson went down in the area, the referee cautioning him for diving. Depending on which side you supported this was either a good or bad decision. In the end, three points for a good display by Falmouth.

Torpoint Athletic 2-0 Newquay 

Att: 93

Scorers: Damerell 5, Bevan 80

Not a bad performance by the lads, Newquay never gave up, fair play to them. I wish them well in the great escape.

Also a big well done to Sticker who became SWPL Divsion 1 West champions this afternoon and I look forward to playing them in the Premier Division next season.

11 hours ago, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

Torpoint Athletic 2-0 Newquay 

Att: 93

Scorers: Damerell 5, Bevan 80

Not a bad performance by the lads, Newquay never gave up, fair play to them. I wish them well in the great escape.

Also a big well done to Sticker who became SWPL Divsion 1 West champions this afternoon and I look forward to playing them in the Premier Division next season.

Didn't know you still played Robbie ! Got your boots ready ? 

Congrats to Avers, Gary and all at Sticker. Takes a bit of doing to win the league in March while remaining unbeaten thus far in the process!! Great facilities off the pitch these days and a team to match on it. Look forward to watching them in the premier league next season. Reckon Burngullow would look fantastic under lights on a nice evening game, good luck. Also noticed a touch of class from Port manager Kevin Richards yesterday, saw him shake everyone's hand in the Sticker contingent and then a guard of honour off the pitch from his players, absolute gentleman ??

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 09:27, Dave Deacon said:

Would you say Parkway have gone backwards this season?

The difference between this season and previous seasons has been the lack of striker parnerships or a top class striker , IE no Levi Landricombe or Andrew Neal. Also we have not had a steady centre back pairing all season. Badly miss Mike Landicombe and John Heveran. I believe another 5 or so players to be able to get promotion next year. As a club lots of positivity and vision for the future. 

I think 5 nil I

Is the heaviest defeat I have witnessed for Parkway since following them. Keep plugging away lads.

Cmon Parkway.

28 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Congrats to Avers, Gary and all at Sticker. Takes a bit of doing to win the league in March while remaining unbeaten thus far in the process!! Great facilities off the pitch these days and a team to match on it. Look forward to watching them in the premier league next season. Reckon Burngullow would look fantastic under lights on a nice evening game, good luck. Also noticed a touch of class from Port manager Kevin Richards yesterday, saw him shake everyone's hand in the Sticker contingent and then a guard of honour off the pitch from his players, absolute gentleman ??

Your so right Rappo Kevin and his team showed real class and true sportsmanship by their actions at the end of the game! If I had known you were there I would have introduced myself to you, perhaps we will meet up soon!

2 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

The difference between this season and previous seasons has been the lack of striker parnerships or a top class striker , IE no Levi Landricombe or Andrew Neal. Also we have not had a steady centre back pairing all season. Badly miss Mike Landicombe and John Heveran. I believe another 5 or so players to be able to get promotion next year. As a club lots of positivity and vision for the future. 

I think 5 nil I

Is the heaviest defeat I have witnessed for Parkway since following them. Keep plugging away lads.

Cmon Parkway.

They lost 1-6 at Falmouth a few years ago with Liam Eddy scoring, one of them a back heel.

Proud day for the club on Saturday, it's come on leaps and bounds over the last few seasons with the hard work of a lot of people on and off the pitch which I'm sure will continue into the future. Congrats to you all. Remember the old changing rooms down on the road and teams walking up across the field in the old treble winning East Cornwall League days!  One of the best playing surfaces around these days, Monty would have been a proud man on Saturday, good luck in the Premier next season, look forward to watching when I can.