Cornwall Football Forum

RGB Cornwall Senior Cup semi finals

29 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Thanks Mattelot very confusing with someone with the name 110% Cornish think he could of come up with something different i havnt said a word this time but i will be up there ties night shouting on the peppermints hoping they can beat Bodmin and stay in the league i just got a feeling Newquay and St Blazey will both stay in the league they need to for Cornish football .Think u need to get the right person Leeds Utd look closely im 100% Cornish

Apologies 100%Cornish. I too can see Newquay & St.Blazey being saved by default, which is great as 'Clubs' they are great clubs but unfortunately their playing staff are way off the required  standard, as the table suggests, both conceding over 100 goals & best suited in the league below

Probably out on a limb but I think repeated action replays on TV are contributing massively to the dissent being witnessed at all levels on the game. The scrutiny of every decision to prove the officials are right or wrong - and the so called "experts" acting as judge & jury - is only encouraging everyone playing the game to question decisions rather than accepting them and getting on with the game. Referees are always right, even if they make a mistake; that's a fundimental rule of the game. Being able to prove a decision is right or wrong changes nothing - and that's the way it should be, particularly at the level we're involved with!

Leeds, can I ask what your obsession is with Newquay? Every one of your posts suggests they are not good enough for this league, yet pushed your Bodmin team very close...with no budget.

How many more times do you have to mention 'relegation,' 'history' or conceding 'over 100 goals.' I think people get the message. 

Its a shame such threads have to descend into squabbling over officials, unfortunately i have heard it too many times this season on my travels, there is very little problem with officials below SWPL premier.

Once they get to the countys top league they seem to grow an ego bigger than the changing room doors they go through.

8 hours ago, 110% Cornish said:

Bodmin have lots and lots of money whilst little Newquay have little money, Bodmin get lots and lots of decisions in there favour whereas little Newquay get very little in there favour. Coincidence? 

Think this shows how little some actually know, money does not necessarily bring success (it helps) but not always guaranteed. There were seasons gone by when Bodmin were league championships & won cups almost standing on our heads, but other clubs (no names) were still spending a fortune trying to catch us. Didn't bring them success, but granted it helps. Now, Newquay, people have got to remember guys my age remember the fantastic side they had in the late 70's & 80's. They had plenty of money then. What I am suggesting is to blame Newquays downfall on bad luck & no money will get people in football circles laughing their heads off! You do not be bottom of the league on 'Bad Luck', takes a bit more than that....:yahoo:

20 minutes ago, cornishrambler said:

Its a shame such threads have to descend into squabbling over officials, unfortunately i have heard it too many times this season on my travels, there is very little problem with officials below SWPL premier.

Once they get to the countys top league they seem to grow an ego bigger than the changing room doors they go through.

To true Cornishrambler, always easy to blame an official(s) to hide own 'downfalls', but where would we be without them?

Think Leeds has gone to specsavers and got a pair of those rose tinted Bodmin glasses he always seems to wear on here! Think he might even need a Labrador if he really thought that was a foul! Good luck to Newquay, they have got four or five local teenagers that will be cracking players in a couple of seasons time when half of the Bodmin players there now will be long gone back up to Plymouth and beyond with thousands of pounds of Sheilas hard fund raising work in their pockets. Who is right or wrong? Expensive old trophy cabinet at Priory Park!! Let's judge it in a few seasons time, be interesting.

13 minutes ago, Sticker Forever said:

Think Leeds has gone to specsavers and got a pair of those rose tinted Bodmin glasses he always seems to wear on here! Think he might even need a Labrador if he really thought that was a foul! Good luck to Newquay, they have got four or five local teenagers that will be cracking players in a couple of seasons time when half of the Bodmin players there now will be long gone back up to Plymouth and beyond with thousands of pounds of Sheilas hard fund raising work in their pockets. Who is right or wrong? Expensive old trophy cabinet at Priory Park!! Let's judge it in a few seasons time, be interesting.

???????? Well said fella

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Think this shows how little some actually know, money does not necessarily bring success (it helps) but not always guaranteed. There were seasons gone by when Bodmin were league championships & won cups almost standing on our heads, but other clubs (no names) were still spending a fortune trying to catch us. Didn't bring them success, but granted it helps. Now, Newquay, people have got to remember guys my age remember the fantastic side they had in the late 70's & 80's. They had plenty of money then. What I am suggesting is to blame Newquays downfall on bad luck & no money will get people in football circles laughing their heads off! You do not be bottom of the league on 'Bad Luck', takes a bit more than that....:yahoo:

To true Cornishrambler, always easy to blame an official(s) to hide own 'downfalls', but where would we be without them?

Bodmin have been in and around the top for several years now that's true. St Austell now reliving the good times. Newquay, St Blazey and Falmouth ( to some extent ) down on their luck. But the one common denominator is money and lots of it. When other teams were spending a fortune trying to catch Bodmin do you honestly think the Bodmin players were doing it for love ?  A good manager undoubtedly helps but it's all about the money,money and when that runs out - so will the players. Enjoy it at Bodmin while it's still there.

With a username of leedsunited you of all people should grasp what happens when the money runs out !!

Be down to watch Bodmin in 2 weeks Leeds Utd when Plymouth Argyle Res are playing there and think it should be a good game will have to leave Smokie dog in the car because of the stupid ruling there no dogs allowed we will be at St Blazey next week to see Saltash play there he got a warm welcome last week and it was nice talking to supporters .Going to watch the Senior Cup final at Helston that should be fun never been to Helston or there ground getting football withdrawall symptons today so going cinema at Truro to see Power Rangers with son and Grandson i will be wearing my Power Rangers outfit . Hope everybody has a good day watching there footy hope Newquay can get a win today

53 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Be down to watch Bodmin in 2 weeks Leeds Utd when Plymouth Argyle Res are playing there and think it should be a good game will have to leave Smokie dog in the car because of the stupid ruling there no dogs allowed we will be at St Blazey next week to see Saltash play there he got a warm welcome last week and it was nice talking to supporters .Going to watch the Senior Cup final at Helston that should be fun never been to Helston or there ground getting football withdrawall symptons today so going cinema at Truro to see Power Rangers with son and Grandson i will be wearing my Power Rangers outfit . Hope everybody has a good day watching there footy hope Newquay can get a win today

100% you will enjoy your trip to Helston , great facilities. , Plenty of parking , good size bar , good food ( my favourite) ,. Might go myself hope you and smokie are ok , hopefully my club Hayle may get Godolphin next season in the senior cup  , bloody hell looking forward to next season and this one hasn't even finished .

Thanks Stevie we are fine just unusual not going to a footy  match today but got lots to come starting with Newquay vs Bodmin this tues and a shock could be on the cards well i hope but can see Mr Carter getting another hat trick .Hope Hayle do play Godolphin next year you will get a good welcome from all the friendly people at the G well they usually are before the match not been so good after the matches lately where they have been losing most weeks

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Thanks Stevie we are fine just unusual not going to a footy  match today but got lots to come starting with Newquay vs Bodmin this tues and a shock could be on the cards well i hope but can see Mr Carter getting another hat trick .Hope Hayle do play Godolphin next year you will get a good welcome from all the friendly people at the G well they usually are before the match not been so good after the matches lately where they have been losing most weeks

Yes strange no game today , but semi final tomorrow , doing my favourite pastime cutting the grass ( don't like gardening )  , hope your lycra isint to tight watching the film with your family .

On 23/03/2017 at 01:37, Willow Tree said:

I did think it was a bit soft. The kick was taken by the touchline although the foul was more infield. Newquay were appealing that the kick be taken in the right place but it wasn't too far away. People can soon judge for themselves.

Pidgeon, are you really allowed a camera phone?

22 minutes ago, mockey jackson said:

I would say foul it's not shoulder to shoulder defender puts forearm in the back of player, don't get me wrong it's a soft one. Poor defending cost Newquay the game not officials decisions 

Finally, someone with common sense prevails. Not our fault they let in 5 goals. Like I said I can now see officials on Tuesday now trying to give Newquay everything after all this fuss, time will tell

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Finally, someone with common sense prevails. Not our fault they let in 5 goals. Like I said I can now see officials on Tuesday now trying to give Newquay everything after all this fuss, time will tell

Haha is that a double bluff Leeds , hoping the ref will read this post and not give Newquay anything;-)  If you need any refs assistance to beat them it will be time to give up ??

15 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

Glad you're a groundsman and not a ref then!!! ? Thought you said you tackled a bit harder in your day Older?? That a foul back then as well was it!! ?

Yup, that was a foul in my day as well - but it would not have been given ....lol

Tackles were tougher in those days...because you were allowed to tackle, AND we didn't fall down at the drop of a hat.

AND we didn't blame the referee for our mistakes, AND we didn't surround him like a bunch of red Indians when a throw was given the wrong way..,....I could go on but I'll leave it at - when men were men.

ONE MORE. We didn't leave the poor sod alone in the bar afterwards, we engaged with him, bought him a pint, and had a laugh with him.

1 minute ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yup, that was a foul in my day as well - but it would not have been given ....lol

Tackles were tougher in those days...because you were allowed to tackle, AND we didn't fall down at the drop of a hat.

AND we didn't blame the referee for our mistakes, AND we didn't surround him like a bunch of red Indians when a throw was given the wrong way..,....I could go on but I'll leave it at - when men were men.

ONE MORE. We didn't leave the poor sod alone in the bar afterwards, we engaged with him, bought him a pint, and had a laugh with him.

I could not think of worse company !

The referees were human beings in our day Dave, able to make their own decisions & not hide behind a law book, & have the balls to walk in the bar after matches & talk about the game to anyone who asked. Unfortunately what we are seeing now are robot's. Thank god for George Pattison, Kevin Knowles, Charlie Philpot & few others who are not ruled by a law book.

7 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

The referees were human beings in our day Dave, able to make their own decisions & not hide behind a law book, & have the balls to walk in the bar after matches & talk about the game to anyone who asked. Unfortunately what we are seeing now are robot's. Thank god for George Pattison, Kevin Knowles, Charlie Philpot & few others who are not ruled by a law book.

Anyone remember Bill Pearce - really human and actually spoke to the players AND THE SPECTATORS !