Cornwall Football Forum

The league title race

Whereas Tavistock Town looked to be in prime position to win the Carlsberg Premier title, events over the weekend looked to have opened it up . With Shane Krac sent off and Glynn Hobbs allegedly in trouble, once again, could the Tavistock bubble have burst?

The likes of Bodmin and Saltash must surely fancy their chances now

Just now, scousemouse said:

Whereas Tavistock Town looked to be in prime position to win the Carlsberg Premier title, events over the weekend looked to have opened it up . With Shane Krac sent off and Glynn Hobbs allegedly in trouble, once again, could the Tavistock bubble have burst?

The likes of Bodmin and Saltash must surely fancy their chances now

Tavistock   

Tavistock I'm not sure whats going on there with Hobbs, but I see their strengths a the moment are their 3 point cushion at the top which will probably prove important towards the end of April. They play Bodmin (H) and Plymouth Parkway (A) in their last two games in which they could potentially drop points. They are home to Launceston tonight, who I was very impressed with against Saltash.

Saltash have the 'distraction' of the Senior Cup final against Bodmin on Easter Monday, which I'm sure is high on Matt Cusack's priority list, as such a more hectic schedule than Tavi. I'm pretty sure though, that Bodmin or Tavi would swap their remaining league fixtures with Saltash in a heartbeat. As a Saltash supporter my main concern is the lads stamina. They looked tired against Launceston, and as Kev Marriott said they were wasteful in front of goal in the first half against St.Blazey and should have finished them off so much quicker than they did. I'd like to see six points in the next two games with convincing performances against Cullompton and Newquay at home (tomorrow and saturday) and hope the wheels come off at Tavi and Bodmin.

Bodmin Well, they've done it before and can do it again. Doubles, trebles. Not lost in the league since Boxing Day. A tough game against argyle this weekend, although the first team is away at Crawley and will take all the pros, they have some good players in that squad pitching themselves for pro contracts. The Tavi v Bodmin game will be crucial on the 26th, and i'm sure they will be up for the fight on easter monday as well.

Impossible to predict this one but all 3 need convincing runs in their remaining fixtures. Critical games are definitely;

Bodmin v Argyle 8th April

Tavi v Bodmin 26th April 

Tavi bounce back tonight with 5-1 win - 5 games to go and need to drop points in at least two games to be overtaken unless a goal difference swing which could make the Tavi/ Bodmin game interesting but there is a lot of football to be played before that one.