Cornwall Football Forum

Sticker vs Penryn Charity cup final

Not a lot on tv tonight theres justs so many cooking programs on its a joke . Right off to the footy at Godolphin Way lovely evening for the match should be a good 1 dont know nothing about Penryn so i got to say Sticker to win 4-0 with Jack Bowyer getting a hat trick and Mike Body the other .Been to Stickers ground its lovely with really friendly people there and lookin forward to going there when the season gets under way again .Good luck to both teams tonight

You have got to fancy Sticker for this one, they have been standout in that league all season - as long as they put recent malais behind them and use tonight as a starter for next season. 

Should be a good evening and good luck to both. 

Well done Sticker for a 3-1 win vs Penryn ,this game was over at half time with Sticker going in 3-0 up but the game could of been different if Penryn had taken there chances and they where punished by Sticker taken theres , Jack Bowyer scored a class goal with a great lob over the Penryn goalie and he was a handfull all night and hes my man of the match . Lovely evening to watch the match with a real good crowd thought the young linesman in front of me was excellent and the ref was ok but did make a couple of dodgey decisions especailly for Stickers pen

I think things evened themselves out regarding the penalty as Penryn equalised scored from a free kick for handball, that was given against Martyn Duff who had the ball hit his hand from a thunderbolt kick from about 2 yards away. I'm afraid the referee had a questionable performance on the evening, but at least he favoured no side.
Sticker deserved their win, but Penryn certainly gave them a run for their money and can look forward to a successful 2017/2018 season if they keep their present crop of young players together.
On the subject of questionable happenings, the C.C,F.A. left a lot to be desired when, before the match there was no announcement about which players were representing their teams ot kick off, (P.A. systems are available for hire ), someone presented a cheque for who knows how much to a Fleet representative, and lastly there were long periods of time when there wasn't a football available to continue the game, as the match ball had either gone in to adjoining gardens, or was concealed in some stinging nettle beds.
This is not the first time this particular problem has happened at a C.C.F.A. organised final, a similar situation arose at St Blazey a few years back, when the game was held up for several minutes while a ball was either retrieved from someones garden or the river.
Pull your socks up boys! we need a ball to play the game!.

Edited by We Two
incorrect information

10 hours ago, We Two said:

I think things evened themselves out regarding the penalty as Penryn equalised scored from a free kick for handball, that was given against Martyn Duff who had the ball hit his hand from a thunderbolt kick from about 2 yards away. I'm afraid the referee had a questionable performance on the evening, but at least he favoured no side.
Sticker deserved their win, but Penryn certainly gave them a run for their money and can look forward to a successful 2017/2018 season if they keep their present crop of young players together.
On the subject of questionable happenings, the C.C,F.A. left a lot to be desired when, before the match there was no announcement about which players were representing their teams ot kick off, (P.A. systems are available for hire ), someone presented a cheque for who knows how much to a Fleet representative, and lastly there were long periods of time when there wasn't a football available to continue the game, as the match ball had either gone in to adjoining gardens, or was concealed in some stinging nettle beds.
This is not the first time this particular problem has happened at a C.C.F.A. organised final, a similar situation arose at St Blazey a few years back, when the game was held up for several minutes while a ball was either retrieved from someones garden or the river.

If it was a league match a draw would have been a fair result.....but if your name is on it - that's how it goes.

The real winner was the pitch in places .....could hardly string two passes together with all of the mis-hits.

Well done to Sticker.

On 11/05/2017 at 11:46, We Two said:

There is currently a restraint order on the use of PA Systems at the ground.