Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard Athletic 1 Plymouth Parkway 8

Counted 107 at Lux Park last night.

Always a nice kept ground and it looked a picture in the early evening sunshine (clouded over a bit later on). The pitch looked lush and green, the grass was slightly long but surely not a tactic to slow the pace of the game, I'm not reading that into an early season friendly. Probably more to do with everything growing so fast in our current humid environment.

My first look at the newly assembled Parkway juggernaut.

Plenty of comments overheard from various sources (some in tracksuits) that this Parkway lot were the best side in the league? Not sure about that yet, bit too early to judge supremacy factors from a leg-stretcher run out.

Personally thought the 8-1 scoreline was a little cruel on the young Liskeard side who competed well throughout the game. They showed some genuine promise for their upcoming league campaign when much lesser lights than Parkway will be in town. They more than held their own for reasonable sections of the game only to be put to the sword by some clinical finishing. To be fair this game could have ended 5-10 and nobody would've been surprised.

No Glynn Hobbs on show tonight but plenty of other big names got some important game time. Interesting to note a lot calmer less animated Parkway bench than what the boss got up to at Bodmin last season? There was enough quality and style about Parkway to identify them as an impressive looking side but like I hinted about earlier, its far too early to start talking in terms of them being this seasons runaway head-honcho's.

I thought the grass was far too long for a decent footy game. Credit to Liskeard as they kept fighting and had several chances themselves. ( not meaning to be patronising ). Impressed with most of Parkways new signings , but very early days yet. Ben Joyce was excellent in midfield too. No Hobbs or Smith so a good result with both strikers missing. Got to be taken as Uwde said , a leg stretcher , friendly. Great to visit Lux Park again and the pasty was good. Still burping it up now tho. I am sure this season will be just as tight as the last , as there are several good teams about again. Promotion is the aim , wether its first , second or third, so come on Parkway.