Cornwall Football Forum

Sat 22nd Games

Liskeard 0-2 Bodmin, a very good work out for Bodmin in a hard fought encounter. Fantastic set up, & surface at Liskeard, & a good side to go with it. These lads will not be far off the promotion places come next May if they play like they did yesterday consistently through the season. As for Bodmin, a lot of tired legs after our fixture against Cardiff City First team in the week, but to win & keep a clean sheet is always positive. Thank you to Liskeard for their hospitality. Speaking to my cousin Sydney last night &  he caught the game at Mt.Wise between Newquay Swpl vs St Mawgan I believe he said. Congratulations to old maestro Jimmy Hilton on their fine 4-2 away win against Newquay. Great result for them away from home as well. Well done Jim, great manager & guy. Can't imagine that result has impressed 100% Cornish & Smoking (the dog)!! 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Believe 100% & Smoking were fans of both Newquay clubs Bruegel??  We like him at Bodmin, he could make friends with my pet poodle 'Toni', as long as he stays on his lead & doesn't go chasing any Pussies 

That would be a problem then - all players are pussies these days aren't they (?)

Godolphin are my no1 team but i watch Newquay as well when Godolphin arent playing at home but also go to St Austelll a lot and i expect this year Sticker as well  Ilike Bodmins ground a lot but its more like a prison now  u cant even look throught the fence to see the teams training now ,awful weather the other night poor Smokie was in the car for nearly 3 hours while i got soaking wet but enjoyed the game and Bodmin where very impressive i think the league will be between them St Austell and Parkway and maybe Plymouth Argyle res .Smokie is very partial to Poodles Leeds UTD he would propbarly eat it . Heard from a Newquay supporter  that they have signed St Blazeys Tornado Bello would be a good signing if its true on his day hes brilliant but i saw him against Saltash last season and he just wasnt interested but hope he will be wearing a Newquay shirt .MY PREDICTIONS FOR THE LEAGUE 1 PLYMOUTH PARKWAY 2 BODMIN 3 ST AUSTELL 4 PLYMOUTH ARGYLE 5 SALTASH 6 GODOLPHIN

I watched the Bodmin game too yesterday if Liskeard hadn't missed an open goal ( still don't understand how he missed ), & a 1 on 1, then this outcome could've been a different story. On this showing I can't see Bodmin finishing in the top three, the likes of Tavy, Parkway,  St Austell & possibly Saltash will finish above them. If the league was based on a whinging contest then I gotta say Bodmin will finish top quite comfortably. All afternoon they were on the referee's back who I personally thought had a good game. Every time a 50/50 challenge went in Bodmin were claiming it was a dangerous challenge, when it was just a good old fashioned fair tackle. As for Liskeard if they can carry on playing like they did yesterday then they won't be far off the top of the table come the end of the season

1 hour ago, The Boy said:

I watched the Bodmin game too yesterday if Liskeard hadn't missed an open goal ( still don't understand how he missed ), & a 1 on 1, then this outcome could've been a different story. On this showing I can't see Bodmin finishing in the top three, the likes of Tavy, Parkway,  St Austell & possibly Saltash will finish above them. If the league was based on a whinging contest then I gotta say Bodmin will finish top quite comfortably. All afternoon they were on the referee's back who I personally thought had a good game. Every time a 50/50 challenge went in Bodmin were claiming it was a dangerous challenge, when it was just a good old fashioned fair tackle. As for Liskeard if they can carry on playing like they did yesterday then they won't be far off the top of the table come the end of the season

If's, but's & maybe's :yahoo:

0-2 was the final score. Agree though Liskeard will be one of the teams to beat a long with Elburton Villa. Cannot see Bello traveling down to Newquay, would think he has had a few offers closer to his native Plymouth? Did anyone else watch the Newquay 2-4 St.Mawgan game??

You obviously didn't watch the first half then cornishfan74 where Danny play as a striker and Newquay led 2-0 at half time and could of been 6 or 7. 10 changes made at half time to look at players in different positions and new faces. On first half performance Newquay looked OK and comfortable on the ball. Still 3 players to come in I believe. Friendlies are about trying new players and different formations. So on first half performance I would say a lot learnt

15 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

No bald 1 i have seen Tavi twice in pre season and they where poor  they will  miss glyn  HOBBS badly and now Krac has gone i think they will  struggle to be in the top half

This post makes me smile... Tavistock lost to two professional Clubs and this makes them poor!!! They lost 7-2 to Argyle pre season last year but went on to win the league....  Read what you will into such pre season games against pro clubs!!!!  

I never said they would be in the bottom haf maybe 7th when u loose a player like Hobbs who scored 40 or more goals they will find it different even if they do have my fav striker Adam Carter playing for them and Sullivan who is a class player just think St Austell and Bodmin are stonger 

21 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I never said they would be in the bottom haf maybe 7th when u loose a player like Hobbs who scored 40 or more goals they will find it different even if they do have my fav striker Adam Carter playing for them and Sullivan who is a class player just think St Austell and Bodmin are stonger 

You said they would struggle to get into the top half ?

Well Bald one Bodmin up a hell of a show against a full Cardiff team  they just ran out of steam and couldnt cope with Cardiffs top striker Zahore when he came on hes some player .I wouldnt be disprespectful to Tavi they are a fine team and hope they do well but not as well as the G

Well Leeds utd i said Tornado had signed for Newquay he has so has his mate Nelson 2 brilliant signings for the peppermints I also said Adam Carter would be wearing a Bodmin shirt when the season starts and now he will and i still think Tavi will struggle with Carter they woud of done ok who they got up front now with no Hobbs and now No Carter Hope Tornado does well at Mt Wise i have seen him loads of times and when hes on his game he is brilliant but if not watch out he just doesnt want to no i saw him against Saltash last season and he had a shocker

Tornado can be a decent player on his day, however, will he still be at Mountwise half way through the season, probably getting paid more than most of the team including the local players and won't train because of the travelling, but Newquay do need some more Swpl experienced players.

14 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Tornado is still signed on at St Blazey apparently.

Lucky for them all involved it wasn't a league fixture! Or the boy Tornado didn't get injured as if he plays for clubs without signing forms he risks serious injury without insurance cover from the respective club. Old head thinks about these other factors! So young Micheal at the newsagents was correct then, I must apologise to him later at scout football 4 a side