Cornwall Football Forum

Luke Hodge's season 2002-03

24 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

It's marvellous what you find tucked away on the internet!

I found this over the weekend, a season (2002-03) with Luke Hodge, who at the time was playing for Porthleven.

http://www.facup.cornishsoccer.info/1666.html

What a great read that was. Had the pleasure of playing with and against with what a player. But another all round top guy. Very honest hard working player 

Great memories of Luke playing for the County Under 18's in 1994/95 season when the side (like last season's) came within a whisker of winning the FA County Youth Cup.

Terry Huddy and Kev Rowett used to call him 'Frank' and still do. But where the 'Frank' came from i still don't know to this very day.

Great reading those recollections from 2002 which included many references to James Miller, another County Youth star, a tad younger than Luke. 

On 24/07/2017 at 20:41, David Bray said:

Great memories of Luke playing for the County Under 18's in 1994/95 season when the side (like last season's) came within a whisker of winning the FA County Youth Cup.

Terry Huddy and Kev Rowett used to call him 'Frank' and still do. But where the 'Frank' came from i still don't know to this very day.

Great reading those recollections from 2002 which included many references to James Miller, another County Youth star, a tad younger than Luke. 

The Frank reference came from a comparison to Frank Spencer from memory I think?. Top player was Hodgey and an even better fella!

10 hours ago, HarryPWH said:

The Frank reference came from a comparison to Frank Spencer from memory I think?. Top player was Hodgey and an even better fella!

'Harry' good  to read your reply.

How are you keepin'.

Always up and down on the bus in 94/95 that's my recollection of you, plus all our celebrations after beating the West Riding at Bradford.:thumbsup:

Remember Hodgie bursting onto the scene as a teenager, he was like Wayne Rooney, a fully grown strong as an ox man at 16/17. Scored a hat-trick at Truro in a Falmouth v Porthleven league cup final while still a teenager if I remember rightly!!?  A superb striker, unplayable on his day and as already said just a really top bloke, Hodgie always brings a smile to my face, lovely guy ?⚽️?