Cornwall Football Forum

GODOLPHIN next friendly

Godolphin continue their pre season with a home game against Mousehole on Saturday 29th July. The game kicks off at 3pm & we will be giving a debut to our new signing Ed Wilton. 22yr old Ed was the leading scorer for Carharrack last season, scoring 43 league & cup goals  & was a big part of leading the club to the Jollys Combination league title. We are all looking forward to welcoming Ed to the G & giving him his first shot at premier league football.

Watched him play a couple of nights ago in a friendly, good players with good movement and an eye for goal. Good on him for taking the step up and will be a loss for Carharrack (although I think they were not expecting him to be there anyway). 

Another good signing for the G got a really  good squad of players  now could be challenging for a cup this season the problem will be trying to keep all the players happy Phil LOWRY and Ed Wilton up front will be a good partership with Lewis Young  just behind those 2 .Hoping  to see th G tmmrw vs Mousehole should be a good game but may not be able to make it got my son down from LONDON so may spend the day with him amd my grandson .Hope its a good game and it doesnt pour with rain

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Another good signing for the G got a really  good squad of players  now could be challenging for a cup this season the problem will be trying to keep all the players happy Phil LOWRY and Ed Wilton up front will be a good partership with Lewis Young  just behind those 2 .Hoping  to see th G tmmrw vs Mousehole should be a good game but may not be able to make it got my son down from LONDON so may spend the day with him amd my grandson .Hope its a good game and it doesnt pour with rain

Nothing wrong with adding more fire power to the fold!

Also, isn't Young a winger? Be interesting to see if they play him in behind the strikers...

'May' meaning you'll be there watching, with Smokey! 

Finished Penryn 0 Godolphin 5. Goals from Kayne Trevaskis 2, Ed Wilton, Lewis Young & a audacious lob from Jamie Lowry. Well done to Terry Jarvis young side who kept competing & trying to play good football right to the end. I wish everyone at Penryn the best of luck in rebuilding what has been  & still is a fantastic football club.

As for us at Godolphin, our pre season has been a success & we are now 2 training sessions away from hosting my good  mate Westy's Falmouth Town team on Wednesday16th August. We can't wait to start. ?