Cornwall Football Forum

Dave Gardner Memorial Tournament 2017

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

it's not ! Are you really that naive that you think that even if it was a member's only club that any club officials that might have been in there would have refused to talk to you because you wernt a member or are you just a man of many excuses ?

Just think of the reception I would have received.

1 hour ago, PzFan said:

Shame if it doesn't get played. Maybe something could be arranged later in the season with proceeds to the good cause. 

Agreed. A great cause. Also if it doesn't get played also makes bit of a mockery of the table? Although I can see Helston beating Falmouth tomorrow & Porthleven beating Penzance ( was talking to a Pz supporter in Par today & he tells me they are missing 6 through holidays & cricket! ) How boring is cricket!! So I suppose it wouldn't affect the winners in the final table anyway

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

Just think of the reception I would have received.

Why ? Would you have gone in there and said hello I'm big al from the football forum who's always running Falmouth town and the ccfa down .or hello I'm a supporter of the team and I'm just interested in how things are progressing on the new ground and as I've been absent from watching games for quite a while due to work commitments, and is there anything I can do to help ?

On 04/08/2017 at 21:21, leedsunited said:

Agreed. A great cause. Also if it doesn't get played also makes bit of a mockery of the table? Although I can see Helston beating Falmouth tomorrow & Porthleven beating Penzance ( was talking to a Pz supporter in Par today & he tells me they are missing 6 through holidays & cricket! ) How boring is cricket!! So I suppose it wouldn't affect the winners in the final table anyway

Think it was 11

9 hours ago, Toto said:

Think it was 11

Oh Alan! Naughty man, Implying Penzance were that bad missing the whole team yesterday, that might bite you on the bottom when you next meet them! I am presuming you must of won the match ( I did predict this score as I already knew Penzance were missing six as I bumped in to one of their supporters in a convenience store in Par on Friday) Your wit & sense of humour reminds me of one of my favourite drinks, Sherry with a twist of lemon. You might have the rub of the green next weekend as well, as I dropped in to Blazey club last night (after our victory in the FA Cup away at Buckland) & word there is St.Blazey also have 6 missing next weekend when when they visit you at Porthleven due to many of them attending the Board Masters Rock Festival :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Oh Alan! Naughty man, Implying Penzance were that bad missing the whole team yesterday, that might bite you on the bottom when you next meet them! I am presuming you must of won the match ( I did predict this score as I already knew Penzance were missing six as I bumped in to one of their supporters in a convenience store in Par on Friday) Your wit & sense of humour reminds me of one of my favourite drinks, Sherry with a twist of lemon. You might have the rub of the green next weekend as well, as I dropped in to Blazey club last night (after our victory in the FA Cup away at Buckland) & word there is St.Blazey also have 6 missing next weekend when when they visit you at Porthleven due to many of them attending the Board Masters Rock Festival :thumbsup:

This really annoys me. Everyone is missing players at this time of year, however, not everyone uses it as a excuse. Alan may have players missing next week too, but I bet you won't hear him mention it. ?

I'm sure every manager uses that line this time of year Kevin ... specially if they have been defeated. I got told by a a Pz fan on the friday they were missing players, he wasn't moaning at all, just stating a fact. It was Alan who mocked PZ with the 11 players out line! St.Blazey play there next week so they hardly making any excuses as game not even been played yet!  Anyway who cares about the West Division, Just relaying what I heard last night in the club from when I returned from our fascinating FA Cup triumph over Buckland Athletic 

Just now, leedsunited said:

I'm sure every manager uses that line this time of year Kevin ... specially if they have been defeated. I got told by a a Pz fan on the friday they were missing players, he wasn't moaning at all, just stating a fact. It was Alan who mocked PZ with the 11 players out line! St.Blazey play there next week so they hardly making any excuses as game not even been played yet!  Anyway who cares about the West Division, Just relaying what I heard last night in the club from when I returned from our fascinating FA Cup triumph over Buckland Athletic 

By 'who cares about the West division' I mean it doesn't concern you now Kevin, your in the Big Time !!

13 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Terry I was not taking it out of pz I was taking it out of you because you always seam to be bumping into someone from all these clubs who can't wait to tell you who is missing or who is upset at being left out.

if u saw my fb page you will see what I think of bryn and pz.

i am under no illusions as to how difficult it will be going to pz in the league and I fully expect a tough game with st blazey on Saturday 

i would have thought with all of your experience you would know that the first game of the season is always one of the hardest.

As you said to Kevin Richards it's not your concern we are not in the big time !!!!

6 hours ago, leedsunited said:

By 'who cares about the West division' I mean it doesn't concern you now Kevin, your in the Big Time !!

Big time your having a laugh and to say who cares about the west division is completely out of order 

I would have thought you would know better than make a statement like that !!

Well said Alan. I don't think anyone takes Leeds seriously on here anyway, all the crap and underhand insults he throws at various clubs he's obviously still got a problem with. Gets a bit boring but funny sometimes as it's so ridiculous!! Proper football people like yourself and Kevin for example wouldn't do that. His lack of respect just makes him look an idiot. Best of luck to Porthleven and Godolphin for this season, two well run clubs with good people involved in them.

11 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

Well said Alan. I don't think anyone takes Leeds seriously on here anyway, all the crap and underhand insults he throws at various clubs he's obviously still got a problem with. Gets a bit boring but funny sometimes as it's so ridiculous!! Proper football people like yourself and Kevin for example wouldn't do that. His lack of respect just makes him look an idiot. Best of luck to Porthleven and Godolphin for this season, two well run clubs with good people involved in them.

Most of time nearly always correct though! That is why don't like what I have to say most of the time,  I also don't worry one bit what people think of me, surely that has been proven by now! If it gets boring, just don't reply kid, easy. I will make any statements I wanna make & won't be dictated to by a few mediocre supposed football Alex Ferguson's on here :thumbsup:

On 28/07/2017 at 11:58, Dave Deacon said:

2017-18 final table 

Helston       3 3 0 0    9    3   +6   9 

Porthleven  3 1 1 1  10  10    0    4 

Falmouth    3 0 2 1    4     6   -2    2 

Penzance    3 0 1 2    2    6   -4    1 

The complete schedule for this season is as follows, with results added 

Fri 28th  July 

Penzance   0, Helston Athletic 1 (Phil Cattran)

Sat 29th July 

Porthleven 3 (Dan Carne, Hayden Dark, Matt Drummond),  Falmouth Town  3 (Marcello Jones, Jordan Annear 2)

Tue 1st August 

Helston Athletic   5 (Dan Stidwell 3, Mattie Buchan, Steven Jenkin),  Porthleven 2 (Josh Sims pen., Sam Young)

Wed 2nd August  

Falmouth Town     C-C     Penzance (Rained off and so presumably a draw - a 0-0 allocated in the final table above)

Sat 5th August FINAL DAY (held at Helston)

Penzance     2v5      Porthleven

Helston Athletic    3v1    Falmouth Town

Penzance, the very first winners of this competition, host the first match of this season’s tournament against Helston, the current holders. 

This memorial tournament started in 2005 with the overall winners tally so far being Falmouth 5, Penzance and Helston both 3 with Porthleven on 1. 

This is not only a great way to start the "real competitive stuff" at a start of a new campaign, but its also all about remembering Dave Gardner, a great footballing character, both on and off the pitch.

Money raised also goes to charity.

2016-17 final table 

Helston       3 2 1 0  7   4   7 

Penzance    3 1 1 1  5  6 -1  4 

Falmouth    3 1 0 2  5  6 -1  3 

Porthleven  3 1 0 2   8 -2  3 

Same as Dave,

To complete the DGMT 2016-17 record, I need to know the scorers for the PENZANCE  2--PORTHLEVEN  5 played at The Finals day at Helston.

On 02/08/2017 at 14:04, druth1966 said:

You have to remember Alan Careys success came from a time when you could shoot your mouth off to referees and there would be not recourse, things will be very different this season.  I was speaking to a referee this morning who currently referees in Div 1 west and he assured me that Mr Carey already has his cards marked! 

Who's shouting there mouth of now?