Cornwall Football Forum

Charity Cup Final - Tavistock v St Austell

Looking forward to today's Cup Final where SWPL champions take on Cup winners St Austell.

Taking in many games last season - Tavistock in my opinion played the best brand of football in the league - with an easy on the eye passing game which is a pleasure to watch.

I did take in the game last season which St Austell won 3-1 at Poltair Park a rare defeat for the Lambs one of only 3 for the Lambs all season on a day where the Lillywhites played fantastic on the day.

Both teams have had changes in the summer with Krac and Hobbs joining Parkway. Along with Slateford, Evans and Brokenshire joining Bodmin.

Hopefully there is a big crowd as certainly St Austell have a big following -  both these teams will figure in the title race this year along with Plymouth Argyle, Saltash, Exmouth, Plymouth Parkway and Bodmin.

Tavistock were my favourite team in the league last year and am looking forward to seeing Stuart Henderson team in action as I believe there are new signings such as Dan Sullivan and one or two others that will be on show today.