Cornwall Football Forum

Predictions please - Tavistock or St Austell to lift the Cup today

Tavistock haven't become a bad team, only problem they now have is no lead goal scorer, which is something St Austell do have.

Unlike 100% I don't actually think St Austells new additions add to their squad and they are weaker as well from last year, but on probable starting 11's I would have St Austell edginging it 2-1. 

Having watched the Charity Cup Final today - I thought this was the best display of football I have seen in a very long time.

Tavistock completely dominated from start to finish - there football was a joy to watch. Despite St Austell being a much more physical team in statute they just couldn't live with the movement of the slick Tavistock team.

i don't think anyone saw this result coming 

5 hours ago, South West Supporter said:

Having watched the Charity Cup Final today - I thought this was the best display of football I have seen in a very long time.

Tavistock completely dominated from start to finish - there football was a joy to watch. Despite St Austell being a much more physical team in statute they just couldn't live with the movement of the slick Tavistock team.

i don't think anyone saw this result coming 

I did !

5 minutes ago, Ivory Toast said:

Looks as tho most comments came from St Austell followers......where are they now...would be interesting to hear their thoughts. I no Tavvy dont have a big following but they are quiet to.....:yahoo:

It was a good day for Tavy. However,  St Austell could and should have been two nil up before Tavistock got going.. this could have made a big difference.. Saying that Tavistock attacking style soon got them back into the game and they played some great football... 

As some people have said, it's not a league game and realistically not a great indicator towards the season.  However,  Tavistock have to be pleased with their performance given people had written them off after losing their big name players. To quote the Bald one from a previous thread "it hasn't made Tavistock a bad team"...

Looking forward to an interesting season.