Cornwall Football Forum

Charity Bowl massacre

Super Cooper you can't be enjoying this .. now 5-1 to Tavvy after snoozle scored first. 

HT Tavvy 5-1 St Austell... certainly didn't see that coming. St Austell left back has had the worst 45 minutes of his life . Sullivan is bossing the middle and Crago is scoring for fun. Surly can't be a repeat performance from St Austell in the second half. The Sticjer lads who have stayed to watch arguably the two best teams in the league wi be chuckling to themselves this evening, I'm sure

jordan pearce ex BODMIN before midland white passed away he would e mail and asked me what ithought of new signings and i said i didnt think much of Jordan Pearce but he must be good to of been in the Bodmin team i said the only good signing i thought was Rob WEarne from Falmouth . Wouldnt want to be in the dressing room after this hammering St Austell do rely a lot on Liam EDDY playing i see hes not today

Not knowing the starting lineup I had St Austell shading this game, but having seen St Austell in a couple of friendlies, I had real doubts over their new signings.  Eddy was missing today and all new players started - the score line says it all. The bench was also weak.

I am sure there will be reasons for such a decisive beating, but no team expecting to finish in top five should ever be beaten by 5 (conceding 6), by a rival.  

Hope St Austell turn it around quickly. 

Having watched both games today, I have to say Sticker weren't really 4-2 bad, and played well. However, I think they are a bit lightweight, and will struggle because of this. Certainly in the cold dark months, on the heavy pitches. 

St Austell were awful, and on this performance are going to struggle. Though, I have nothing to judge it on apart from today... challenging teams don't lose 6-1 though.

Atherton i expect Jason at St Austell had a cunning plan today he thought if we get a hammering all  the other teams in the league will think e are crap and we can go on and win the league they will miss Harry Evans and Brocks but today they was missingEddy and Wattswho where both brilliant when i saw them against Cardiff U23S  .I bet St Austell will still end upin the tophalf of the league this result today certainly was a shock seeing Carter has gone back to Bodmin and 2 of there best players in Hobbs and Krac have gone on to pastures new .Tavistock must ofbeen brilliant today but lets wait until the season starts then judge teams

All new signings looked out of thier depth and formation all wrong in my opinion. Watts was a big loss and eddy not well. No excuses but poor all round today .. Tavi were well organised and the width killed st austell defence time after time. As I said before it would depend on the formation and the team that was picked !  I guess it can only get better but this was a shadow of the team that won the cup 9 weeks ago

8 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

All new signings looked out of thier depth and formation all wrong in my opinion. Watts was a big loss and eddy not well. No excuses but poor all round today .. Tavi were well organised and the width killed st austell defence time after time. As I said before it would depend on the formation and the team that was picked !  I guess it can only get better but this was a shadow of the team that won the cup 9 weeks ago

You've hit the nail on the Rocky, i agree with that. Speaking to Chappers after the game he wasnt happy that his instructions wernt followed and there seemed a reel lack of direction from the bench during the game. Its had to believ it was only 9 weeks ago they won the cup :ph34r: