Cornwall Football Forum

Tonights Games

Bodmin 3-1 Dobwalls, The Priory looking fantastic this evening, surface like the pool table in St.Blazey club, players were spoilt to play on such a pitch. As for the game Dobwalls gave a good account of themselves & game was very competitive at times. Dobwalls not quite as good as Liskeard a couple weeks ago ( in my opinion) but will certainly win more than they will lose next season. 

I went to the Bodmin game. Like you'd expect they passed the ball around nicely and created chances against a weaker oppositon, although nothing to suggest they'll be a stronger force than your Tavistocks or Parkways. The lack of pace at the back in the Bodmin team should be what most teams look to exploit.

9 hours ago, Zac said:

I went to the Bodmin game. Like you'd expect they passed the ball around nicely and created chances against a weaker oppositon, although nothing to suggest they'll be a stronger force than your Tavistocks or Parkways. The lack of pace at the back in the Bodmin team should be what most teams look to exploit.

Certainly Saltash will exploit that lack of pace. They have pace in abundance up front, Tavistock too...

3 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

is the Newquay match vs ILLOGAN still on tonight after a day of rain

Yes according to the Newquay twiiter account.

Newquay AFC Official @NewquayAFC 16m16 minutes ago

GAME ON Tonight 7.30pm @NewquayAFC v @IlloganRbl at Mount Wise. Get out of the rain, sit in comfort in the main stand, covered terrace too.

Back from watching a good match where Newquay won 2-1 vs Illogan , i thought when Newquay went behind to a early goal a fine strike from distance but the defence should of cleared but Newquay equalised after fine play from TORNADO BELLO and JACK BRAY EVANS scored the winner with a fine finish .Harry Tillson was running the line inthe 1st halfand got so much stickand abuse from the Illogan management the ref had to have a word with them i say well done Harry for doing the linesmans job . I was really impressed with Newquay J B Evans had a fine game and Tornado ran his sox off and wasjust what Newquay need and he played with a smile on his face all evening but my man ofthe match goes to Newquays young rosey cheeked  no 5 he was just brilliant Newquay have unearthed a diamond in him he covered every blade of grass and was just awesome .Well done Newquay just 1 critismn the defence doesnt look too good but once Danny OH agan is back in the centre of the defence they should be ok Well done Newquay you played really well but we wil see next Tues when Helston come to town they have a lot of good and the boy Buchan is real class and the big centre half Howlett is good and then you got quiet as a mouse in goal Barrie Wyatt good goalie but hes bloody nuts

Agree with 100%cornish, a good game on a sunny evening after all the rain yesterday. Newquay without a natural striker definitely missed Glenn Squires tonight at 9 so Tornado, who had a great game on the wing on Saturday, ( backed up by Nelson who was also not available tonight) moved off the wing to play striker....All pre season, so hard to make real judgments but in a keenly contested game I again agree with 100% Cornishs man of the match choice that the young number 5 for Newquay, (?) playing centre midfield, had a creative and clever passing game, working from box to box and wing to wing, had a good engine and he left  the field with a beaming smile after 70 odd minutes to a round of applause from the appreciative crowd..The second half introduction of Cam turner holding in front of the centre backs, effectively closed out any further attacking threat from Illogan in the last third. Decent pre season workout  for both sides and well worth the £2.00 entrance.

From a Illogan point of view 8 first team squad players out including the whole of last seasons back four, but holidays, work etc things you can't control!! But with two starting players stepping up from our trelawny league division 2 side and two from the jollys combination league side it was very good effort all considering and showed we are creating strength in depth throughout the whole Club which can only be a positive thing but all being said valuable minutes against a good Newquay team!  

11 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Back from watching a good match where Newquay won 2-1 vs Illogan , i thought when Newquay went behind to a early goal a fine strike from distance but the defence should of cleared but Newquay equalised after fine play from TORNADO BELLO and JACK BRAY EVANS scored the winner with a fine finish .Harry Tillson was running the line inthe 1st halfand got so much stickand abuse from the Illogan management the ref had to have a word with them i say well done Harry for doing the linesmans job . I was really impressed with Newquay J B Evans had a fine game and Tornado ran his sox off and wasjust what Newquay need and he played with a smile on his face all evening but my man ofthe match goes to Newquays young rosey cheeked  no 5 he was just brilliant Newquay have unearthed a diamond in him he covered every blade of grass and was just awesome .Well done Newquay just 1 critismn the defence doesnt look too good but once Danny OH agan is back in the centre of the defence they should be ok Well done Newquay you played really well but we wil see next Tues when Helston come to town they have a lot of good and the boy Buchan is real class and the big centre half Howlett is good and then you got quiet as a mouse in goal Barrie Wyatt good goalie but hes bloody nuts

2 hours ago, Moonraker1969 said:

Agree with 100%cornish, a good game on a sunny evening after all the rain yesterday. Newquay without a natural striker definitely missed Glenn Squires tonight at 9 so Tornado, who had a great game on the wing on Saturday, ( backed up by Nelson who was also not available tonight) moved off the wing to play striker....All pre season, so hard to make real judgments but in a keenly contested game I again agree with 100% Cornishs man of the match choice that the young number 5 for Newquay, (?) playing centre midfield, had a creative and clever passing game, working from box to box and wing to wing, had a good engine and he left  the field with a beaming smile after 70 odd minutes to a round of applause from the appreciative crowd..The second half introduction of Cam turner holding in front of the centre backs, effectively closed out any further attacking threat from Illogan in the last third. Decent pre season workout  for both sides and well worth the £2.00 entrance.

i believe the number 5 is question was Max Everard, he played for Falmouth Town 1st & 2nds last season.