Cornwall Football Forum

FA Cup - EPR - Saturday, Aug 5th 2017

£1500 in the bank for Bodmin and Tavistock plus travel expenses covered  if attendances were good-not a bad days work.

Bodmin now travel to Hengrove Athletic  of the Western L Prem.(Bristol suberbs) and Tavistock entertain Shaftesbury or Exmouth on Saturday week 19th.Aug.

St.Austell have an awkward road journey to Bridport in the midweek replay (Wed.7-45pm)-they seem to be missing suspended Liam Eddy so how many games has he to miss?

Tavistock on fire with 10 goals in their last two games and considering they have seen Glyn Hobbs and Shane Krac move to Parkway-Their first league fixture at Bickland next Saturday could see Falmouth "parking the bus"

Was ex Falmouth player Ed Timmons on show for Bodmin today? top wing back with a big engine

Just finished a glass of Prosecco with a Shandy Bass chaser at Homers Heath, celebrating a famous Bodmin Town win against a very strong Buckland Athletic team, who no doubt will be pushing for honours in their respective league this season. Great all round performance. Another away fixture in the next round, they love sending Bodmin away in these FA fixtures. Good luck to St.Austell in their replay on Weds night, lovely trip to tropical Bridport to look forward to on a Wednesday evening :thumbsup:

I don't think many players in the Buckland team would get into Bodmin team So I'm not sure about a 'famous' win Leeds !! Nevertheless a good win at a nice ground !  With five or six players missing st austell did well and Eddy and others back for the replay ! Let's see what happens.. 

3 hours ago, herbie777 said:

Parkways big stars fail miserably and hobbs missing a penalty to boot great laugh

One result and people already jumping on the bandwagon! Parkway didn't deserve to lose today and should've at least taken the game to a replay. At the end of the season Parkway will be the last ones laughing when they're getting promoted! 

It certainly makes me laugh,  one game does not maketh a season.. Teams are bedding in and trying to find a winning combination... Every supporter of the relative team hopes thee season will go well...

Let's get a few games under the belt before writing off each others team...

It will be tight again this year, I promise you all... 

On 05/08/2017 at 20:17, THE BALD ONE said:

Why the attitude Herbie ?  Portland are a step higher and should be 2 steps, as they did not take promotion last season.  Dont see the need to disrespect Parkway !!!!!!

Plymouth parkway is my local team who i watched between 15 and 20 times last year at home. But because of one of their signings i will refuse to pay to watch them play this year and i am not the only one. I watch football.with 3 of my friends and we r split 50/50 one of the others will also refuse to watch parkway at home again

1 hour ago, herbie777 said:

Plymouth parkway is my local team who i watched between 15 and 20 times last year at home. But because of one of their signings i will refuse to pay to watch them play this year and i am not the only one. I watch football.with 3 of my friends and we r split 50/50 one of the others will also refuse to watch parkway at home again

What could one of the players have done so bad for you not to want to watch them? 

That will be a disappointment to Helston who have stated on more than one occasion that their target for the new season is to get enough points per game to qualify for the F A Cup.

Is it true that if all Step 5 (eg Western League Premier) clubs applied for F A Cup entry there would be no vacancies at Step 6 level (eg SWPL Prem) ?

21 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

That will be a disappointment to Helston who have stated on more than one occasion that their target for the new season is to get enough points per game to qualify for the F A Cup.

Is it true that if all Step 5 (eg Western League Premier) clubs applied for F A Cup entry there would be no vacancies at Step 6 level (eg SWPL Prem) ?

I believe that if all clubs from Step 5 and above under the new structure applied, there would be something like 20 spots for Step 6 clubs, but preference would be given to those relegated from Step 5, and there may well be quite a few of those come 2018 in relation to ground gradings.

What could change of course is if some of the Step 5 or above clubs dont apply, Guernsey FC would be the most likely candidate, if some of the Step 5 leagues run with less than full constitutions, or the FA change the format of the Cup (bring Step 3 or 2 clubs in one round earlier would the most likely changes, but even than it's still not very likely). My prediction is that if you're in the Peninsula League Premier Division, and want to play in the 2018-19 FA Cup, you'd better win the league first.